Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

can't get MMS to work on CM11?

Can't get MMS to work on Cm11 even when I use go SMS pro with apns?help me please

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 17.0%

I can't get My MMS to work on my Lumia 1320 either

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Mms I don't think works on any CyanogenMod ROMs for any phone will in my experience it hasn't I've had CyanogenMod on countless phones running CM7 threw CM11 and none of them had working MMS

FYI, Cricket has recently changed their APN -- the information is publicly available on their website. The problem I'm having in CM 11 is that I can't change the APN. When I attempt to add a new APN (through the APNs menu that is completely hidden unless you get to it through Voice Dialer), the information I entered disappears.

I have opened a ticket through Jira on the Cyanogenmod site. Please add your relevant comments to it and watch the thread as well.

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-5190

If this gets enough attention, hopefully someone will look into the problem.

When they switched to AIO Wireless/AT&T, the APN information was pushed to all phones running CricKet stock -- we didn't get it because we're all running CM 11. However, for some reason, CM 11 isn't allowing us to add new APN's or to manually edit the APN configuration file. If you know how to do that, the information about the new APN info is in that ticket.

It is also possible that an update to the radio is required, and that is something I don't know how to get a hold of or do.

** WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT YOUR APN CONFIG FILE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING ** I'm sure this goes without saying but just in case someone is thinking about attempting this, I want to be free of responsibility for anyone screwing up their phones.

EDIT: I just came back from the CricKet store & here's what they're saying to customers officially

If you had CDMA service with CricKet, you cannot use your old phone. You have to purchase a new GSM-enabled phone to get 4G LTE and MMS back. This is their "official" policy regarding "legacy" customers. CDMA service will expire with CricKet in March of 2015, requiring users to trade in their phones and upgrade.
    Bascially, the old CricKet network is CDMA, and the "new CricKet" is GSM. Which means if you have a CDMA version, you have no choice but to switch to a GSM phone if you want "new CricKet".

Last edited by loudersoft; 08-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by weslaco956texas View Post
    Can't get MMS to work on Cm11 even when I use go SMS pro with apns?help me please
    What apn's did you try
    I'm using cm 11 also, when I check in settings/mobile networks/apn's this is the one it showed
    Name: Cricket Aio
    APN: ndo
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    Username: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC:*
    http://mmsc.aiowireless.net*

MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 150
    Authentication type: Not Set
    APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl

I haven't had any problems so far hope this helps you out

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket Droid View Post
    What apn's did you try
    I'm using cm 11 also, when I check in settings/mobile networks/apn's this is the one it showed
    Name: Cricket Aio
    APN: ndo
    Proxy: Not Set
    Port: Not Set
    Username: Not Set
    Password: Not Set
    Server: Not Set
    MMSC:*
    http://mmsc.aiowireless.net*

MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 150
    Authentication type: Not Set
    APN type: default,mms,fota,hipri,supl

I haven't had any problems so far hope this helps you out
    It's possible that you purchased your CricKet phone after May 17, 2014? The phones sold prior to this time were CDMA, they are now GSM and automatically push those settings.

When I look in the APN's, this information (though in my apns-config.xml file) does not appear.

I'm running CM11 M9 and the APN's menu (as I said in my post) is hidden and doesn't allow me to add additional APN's. I'm working with one of the CM people right now on trying to resolve this, will update this thread & by all means, follow the Jira ticket.

Also: thank you for verifying that this info works, it's helpful in the road to resolving.

Last edited by loudersoft; 08-30-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Like you, I could only get to the apn on my Dinc with CM using voice dialer. Once it opened I could add apns. My memory is faded but seems like I had to have a few apns entered with one shown as disabled or something like that.

Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

Quote Originally Posted by loudersoft View Post
    It's possible that you purchased your CricKet phone after May 17, 2014? The phones sold prior to this time were CDMA, they are now GSM and automatically push those settings.

When I look in the APN's, this information (though in my apns-config.xml file) does not appear.

I'm running CM11 M9 and the APN's menu (as I said in my post) is hidden and doesn't allow me to add additional APN's. I'm working with one of the CM people right now on trying to resolve this, will update this thread & by all means, follow the Jira ticket.

Also: thank you for verifying that this info works, it's helpful in the road to resolving.
    Sorry I should have said I have the AT&T GS2 skyrocket and on stock & cm11 a long press on the mobile networks option in settings takes you to a menu with the apn choice, it was the same on a couple of other aosp rom I tried this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Like you, I could only get to the apn on my Dinc with CM using voice dialer. Once it opened I could add apns. My memory is faded but seems like I had to have a few apns entered with one shown as disabled or something like that.
    are you using stock CM 11 or one of the monthlies? I'm on M9 and I can't do it.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Let me ask this over-arcing question to everyone who has a Cricket CDMA SGS4 phone -- not an AT&T phone that you moved to Cricket because that would be GSM:

a) What version of CM11 are you running? (stable, monthly snapshot or nightly)
    b) Have you been able to change your APNs?
    c) Were the APN changes pushed to your phone before you moved to CM11?

If you are using a CDMA phone, running any version of CM11 and b + c are true, message me.

I stumbled across this post elsewhere in the forum http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...tml#post188318

and it might in some way elucidate the problem some of us are having -- it appears that AT&T/Aio use a different RF in their new phones and it might be preventing broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlos243 View Post
    Cricket Galaxy S4(SCH-r970c) uses MDM9615M RF chip which includes GSM functionality which is the same chip found on Verizon Galaxy S4(SCH-i545 *note: at&t uses different RF chip MDM9215M) that is confirmed to worked with GSM sim but cricket decided to firmware lock the drivers for GSM so unless you do a JTAG or miraculously flash baseband of verizon Galaxy s4 to ours, it will not work with GSM and you will recieve a message saying "Invalid sim" even if you try to unlock it.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury, S4

Hey neighbor I also stay in the weslaco area!

Thread Information