Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: help

Overall activity: 2.0%

help

well i have a galaxy s4 sch970 and i tried installing new gapps and it deleted my messages app then i tried again still gone so i re-installed carbon rom and now im stuck with "unfortunately, google search has stopped working " i hit ok and it comes back so i cant do anythin so can someone show me how to unroot

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by probowl View Post
    well i have a galaxy s4 sch970 and i tried installing new gapps and it deleted my messages app then i tried again still gone so i re-installed carbon rom and now im stuck with "unfortunately, google search has stopped working " i hit ok and it comes back so i cant do anythin so can someone show me how to unroot
    1) Make sure battery is at 100%
    2) Download Tar file from here
    Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

3) Download odin 3.07
    4) Unzip your tar file and odin. Run odin as admin.
    5) Put your phone in download mode (volume down+home+power, then on the warning press volume up).
    6) Odin will recognize your phone. Then click on the PDA section (only PDA, do not play with other stuff on it) and select your extracted tar file.
    7) Start it and let it boot. If odin says Pass but phone bootloops, go into recovery and factory reset and clear cache.

Watch some youtube videos on how to odin if it is your first time, so you don't brick your phone forever.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information