Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Unhappy I need help, and I feel like I've exhausted all options...

Alright so, I have a Cricket Samsung Galaxy S4, bought it for the full $600 back in October. and two days ago I decided I was going to root it, and maybe put Cyanogenmod on it. Well, I rooted it successfully, but it wasn't until after root that I made a backup of my stock rom. (I also didn't look at my bars after I was done rooting, so I don't know if this next part happened after root, or after flash...) After the backup I did a wipe and flashed CM 11 Snapshot, specifically forscreenshot_2014-07-19-11-36-02.jpg the Cricket phone. It worked! I was happy and excited, except... I tried to do a test call and it went straight to cricket. My signal says I'm roaming! I was confused, and decided I didn't want to go through apn trouble or anything like that. So, I decided to just wipe everything again, and re-flash my backup stock rom. Well, I'm still roaming at this point and when I try to make a call, it still goes straight to cricket.
    The next morning I took it to Cricket to see if they could just reset the phone, and make it connect to them correctly. they did a factory reset, and asked if I had rooted (obviously I told them I had no idea what that was). They tried a few other things and told me I should probably send it in for a warranty swap. (obviously... I can't do that)
    that night I tried everything, from dialing codes on the stock rom, to flashing the stock firmware. Dialing codes hasn't worked at all, I can't seem to get any of them working, it just sits there and does nothing (tried hitting call just to see if that would help, nothing obviously.)
    The stock firmware I was pretty sure was gonna fix it, but it rebooted, everything wiped clean and fresh, except, I'm still roaming.

I've now attempted to re-root the device to get System/efs/carrier/HiddenMenu and enable hidden menus to try and see if that will fix my dialing codes problem. But, for the past hour, I haven't been successful in the rooting process. It shouldn't be this difficult to root this phone! Two days ago it took like 10 minutes, but now it isn't working...

I need help very badly, this roaming issue (No Service) isn't good, I have things to get done, and I need to be available on the phone. I had no idea that doing these things to my phone would even touch the signal part of my phone. I thought for sure flashing my backup would fix my problem! I thought that flashing the stock firmware would fix it! But nothing, and I'm running out of ideas...

(Picture is a reference to the image of the signal, it has the triangle, acting as though it is roaming)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

You didn't mention it, but have you done *228?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Yes, sorry you're right I didn't. I tried that and it just says, "Phone activation failed. You may need to find an area with a better signal..." I have full bars, just roaming...

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Have you tried contacting CS?

Thread Information