Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    dec 2012

recovery rom stock schr970c help

hello this is my first topic and I do because I did not find public information, my problem is trying to install on my galaxy s4 kitkat schr970c something went wrong and I wanted to go back to the backup that makes the phone get stuck in samsung screen and LED indicator in blue, I wonder if there is any way to get back to the original rom via odin TMRP since I no longer have the file recovery.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by hectorquiroga007 View Post
    hello this is my first topic and I do because I did not find public information, my problem is trying to install on my galaxy s4 kitkat schr970c something went wrong and I wanted to go back to the backup that makes the phone get stuck in samsung screen and LED indicator in blue, I wonder if there is any way to get back to the original rom via odin TMRP since I no longer have the file recovery.
    Are you looking for the stock recovery file?

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    dec 2012

ok thank you I downloaded the original rom and I did install with odin everything good.

Customer Since
    Dec 2013

I was having a problem rooting the phone because know kept blocking it so I tried the cyanogenmod install program. It rooted the phone and installed cm snapshot 10.2 but I'm having too many issues with mms and slow internet connection. Not to mention pretty bad battery life and that's with no programs installed. I also tried cm snapshot 11 and I like it better than 10.2 but still same problems. I didn't make a back up of the original stock rom(very stupid). I tried the one site that said it had it but the download keeps breaking. Where did you get the original stock rom from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog71 View Post
    I was having a problem rooting the phone because know kept blocking it so I tried the cyanogenmod install program. It rooted the phone and installed cm snapshot 10.2 but I'm having too many issues with mms and slow internet connection. Not to mention pretty bad battery life and that's with no programs installed. I also tried cm snapshot 11 and I like it better than 10.2 but still same problems. I didn't make a back up of the original stock rom(very stupid). I tried the one site that said it had it but the download keeps breaking. Where did you get the original stock rom from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Use textra for MMS on CM11.. There is a thread in this forum that has a link to stock ROM..

Customer Since
    Dec 2013

I tried Textra and changed the setting. Still can't send pictures and any message that's more than 160 characters comes out as gibberish to the other person. After doing a couple of things battery life improved some but internet was still extremely slow.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I tried Textra and changed the setting. Still can't send pictures and any message that's more than 160 characters comes out as gibberish to the other person. After doing a couple of things battery life improved some but internet was still extremely slow.
    You have to check the split message option so it splits big messages.. I've rarely seen an AOSP send a big text message as a picture like with touchwiz.

Customer Since
    Dec 2013

Hector, what were the steps that you used to install the stock rom. I'm using odin and have the stock rom in the odin folder and everything looks like it goes well but it gets stuck on the samsung logo.

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

For CM11 fix, flash the KT-SGS4 kernel for AOSP 4.4 KitKat.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Hector, what were the steps that you used to install the stock rom. I'm using odin and have the stock rom in the odin folder and everything looks like it goes well but it gets stuck on the samsung logo.
    Always a good idea to boot into recovery and wipe data/cache when switching between 4.3 and 4.4.. Just saying..

Customer Since
    Dec 2013

First off let me start by thanking Ledah and Stephen for the help and advice.

Ledah, I was trying to flash the stock rom back and there's where the phone got stuck on the Samsung logo. I figured I had the wrong stock rom but haven't tried it to down load it again.

The only reason i wanted to flash the stock rom was Due to all the problems I was having with mms on both cm 10.2 and cm 11. Going back threw the forum I installed textra on cm10.2, followed the direction to change the setting and got mms to work. The internet connection wasn't as fast as the stock rom with cm10.2 but a lot better than cm11. So I have the following question...

Does flashing cm11 with (CM11 fix, flash the KT-SGS4 kernel for AOSP 4.4 KitKat) totally fix the mms issue along with the internet connection?

Again I appreciate all the help you guys are giving this noob...

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Does flashing cm11 with (CM11 fix, flash the KT-SGS4 kernel for AOSP 4.4 KitKat) totally fix the mms issue along with the internet connection?

Again I appreciate all the help you guys are giving this noob...
    We all started somewhere.

That being said flashing the kernel after CM11 on my phone helped. My MMS works flawlessly and my lte stays connected more than 3g even though I'm not in a 4g market.

My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    sept 2013

Where did you get the Stock ROM?

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by tbonez95 View Post
    Where did you get the Stock ROM?
    Could have been out of my thread

Thread Information