Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Exclamation Restore phone to orignial condition after failed root modified phone

Ok, so I've been trying since Nov. 2 to get this phone rooted...first by paying a professional who falied, and then by coming here and getting a few responses but not enough to complete the job. Today is the last day I will be able to do anything to the phone before other family members start personalizing phone and adding apps that could be lost if I do anything afterwards. It's obvious that I"m not going to get this phone rooted, but I'd at least like to return it to it's unmodified condition, which the professional refused to do for me since he was returning my money for the rooting that he failed to complete. I know it's Thanksgiving and I don't expect much, but I'm hoping beyond hope that someone can help me today. Anyone????

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Under settings>about device does it say R970CVVUAMI3 or R970CVVUAMF5 ???

http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...ease-help.html

R970cvvuamf5

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Well, looks like you have the firmware that can be rooted. So, cant see your computer from here so cant help with making odin work. But all is not lost. I bet who ever you give it to will know of someone who can follow the instructions here and get it done. I watch my 20 yr old friend run circles around me using apps, typing speed, etc... (but she cant flash), hehe.

Question

No one gave it to me...I bought it new and hired a professional to root it and he couldn't but refused to return it to like new, so now I have a modified phone with superuser app that is not rooted. I can't do anything on it after today because my family will start using the phone and I can't alter it after that without messing up their settings and such (plus the language will be changed to one I don't fully understand). I really want to root it, but short of that I want to return it to like new/unmodified condition. I've been gone all day so I just got your message.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Will a factory data reset do it, or do I have to do something different since the phone was modified?
    Last edited by printerr; 11-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Thread Information