Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,135, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13



    Stock to AOKP Tested, everything working

    Recently rooted and flashed a brand new Cricket S4 4.3 to AOKP jtlecri 4.4.2 appears stable so far.

    Knox counter was previously untripped after root/flash on MK4/4.3.

    Upgraded firmware through odin caused knox to trip once.

    Had to flash the firmware a few times to get it to stick.

    Stock 4.4.2 had major issues so was forced to root with chain-fire, then had to ODIN OUHDS recovery.

    Completely wiped factory/data reset/cache partition/dalvic cache

    Flashed AOKP JTFLECRI 3/27 Nightly
    Flashed AOKP Gapps 4.4 5/07

    Wiped Cache Partition/Dalvic Cache
    Rebooted
    Wait for boot, seemed to fail, rebooted waited and finally booted.
    After running everything but data was working. Switched to RUIM/NV under Settings>Networks>More>Mobile Networks
    Toggled airplane mode for a few seconds, turned back on, disabled roaming and set to home only, toggled airplane mode again, toggled wifi, then rebooted.

    After letting it sit for a little, mobile network came up and everything is proving to work flawlessly since.

    Strange to have so much trouble and end up at perfection and barely knowing how lol.

    TL;DR+files
    Root Files:
    4.3 Kingo Android for 4.3
    Kingo Android Root, the most reliable free Android rooting tool



    4.4 CF Auto Root (ChainFire)
    http://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-...etrieve_file=1




    Odin 3.07:
    Is provided by ChainFire's Auto Root

    OUDHS CWM Recovery:

    ShabbyPenguin




    Firmware 4.4.2 Stock FNC6: (also 4.3/4.2 and earlier)

    Firmware archive | Samsung Updates




    Rom+Gapps

    AOKP.co: jfltecri




    Have not tested any Kernals since achieving optimal performance.
    Previous attempts with KToonz kernals and various other rom attempts proved futile also.










  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,360, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    san antonio tx
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Galaxy S4



    Quote Originally Posted by sindustry View Post
    Recently rooted and flashed a brand new Cricket S4 4.3 to AOKP jtlecri 4.4.2 appears stable so far.

    Knox counter was previously untripped after root/flash on MK4/4.3.

    Upgraded firmware through odin caused knox to trip once.

    Had to flash the firmware a few times to get it to stick.

    Stock 4.4.2 had major issues so was forced to root with chain-fire, then had to ODIN OUHDS recovery.

    Completely wiped factory/data reset/cache partition/dalvic cache

    Flashed AOKP JTFLECRI 3/27 Nightly
    Flashed AOKP Gapps 4.4 5/07

    Wiped Cache Partition/Dalvic Cache
    Rebooted
    Wait for boot, seemed to fail, rebooted waited and finally booted.
    After running everything but data was working. Switched to RUIM/NV under Settings>Networks>More>Mobile Networks
    Toggled airplane mode for a few seconds, turned back on, disabled roaming and set to home only, toggled airplane mode again, toggled wifi, then rebooted.

    After letting it sit for a little, mobile network came up and everything is proving to work flawlessly since.

    Strange to have so much trouble and end up at perfection and barely knowing how lol.

    TL;DR+files
    Root Files:
    4.3 Kingo Android for 4.3
    Kingo Android Root, the most reliable free Android rooting tool



    4.4 CF Auto Root (ChainFire)
    http://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-...etrieve_file=1




    Odin 3.07:
    Is provided by ChainFire's Auto Root

    OUDHS CWM Recovery:

    ShabbyPenguin




    Firmware 4.4.2 Stock FNC6: (also 4.3/4.2 and earlier)

    Firmware archive | Samsung Updates




    Rom+Gapps

    AOKP.co: jfltecri




    Have not tested any Kernals since achieving optimal performance.
    Previous attempts with KToonz kernals and various other rom attempts proved futile also.
    Does 4g work?










  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,135, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13



    Quote Originally Posted by rambonumerouno View Post
    Does 4g work?
    It was working when I finished with it, though I didn't get any travel time with the phone. I can say I had no complaints from the owner, but I had to downgrade back to twiz because she wanted the stock camera (dual-shot etc).

    She'd rather have dual-shot than performance/customization/efficiency etc lol

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,360, Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    san antonio tx
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Galaxy S4



    Quote Originally Posted by sindustry View Post
    It was working when I finished with it, though I didn't get any travel time with the phone. I can say I had no complaints from the owner, but I had to downgrade back to twiz because she wanted the stock camera (dual-shot etc).

    She'd rather have dual-shot than performance/customization/efficiency etc lol

    Think I'll give it a go

    ---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sindustry View Post
    It was working when I finished with it, though I didn't get any travel time with the phone. I can say I had no complaints from the owner, but I had to downgrade back to twiz because she wanted the stock camera (dual-shot etc).

    She'd rather have dual-shot than performance/customization/efficiency etc lol
    Was it as fast or slow?

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,135, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13



    Quote Originally Posted by rambonumerouno View Post
    Think I'll give it a go

    ---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------


    Was it as fast or slow?
    It was noticeably faster and had better power efficiency than stock.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner