Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Twkitkat4.4.2 port

[align=center][size=medium]DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

This is a port from the US CELLULAR Kitkat Firmware for Cricket

People I'd like the give credit to

Warboy ...for initial work he did on his own port
    Stephen Proffitt...for his work on TW 4.4 kernel
    Team US Cellular ...for the firmware
    Philz...for his philz 6 recovery

Flash with CWM TWRP? (Philz works great)
    Rooted - Chainfire's SuperSU v1.93
    init.d Support
    Bone Stock
    Zipaligned
    Busybox
    Will not delete your internal SD

DOWNLOADS PHILZ RECOVERY FIRST

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading philz_touch_6.08.9-jfltecri.zip

Download the .zip & copy to phone or sdcard
    If you cant get it to flash with Clockworkmod recovery use Philz (links will be below)

MAKE A BACKUP!!!
    Go to WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET-THEN SELECT CLEAN TO INSTALL A NEW ROM
    Go to install zip from sdcard
    Choose zip from sdcard
    Select TWKITKAT.ZIP
    Confirm

DOWNLOADS
    ....THIS IS OLD PORTED ROM MAKING NEW ONE
    ROM-
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579760

MD5 44653a26f551078e20af7990fcfdbba8
    ..........OLD PORTED ROM
    Optional

PHILZ 6 RECOVERY
    1.ODIN FLASHED

philz_touch_6.08.9-jflte.tar.md5 - 8.33 MB

Uploading now with guide

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Last edited by Android Titan; 04-26-2014 at 06:05 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I get an error trying to install the zip, says Status 7 error

Phone
    Galaxy S3

You have to use (philz 6 recovery ) I'll post a link for you that you can flash in clockworkmod recovery

Used both clockworkmod recovery and Philz by the way

To be more specific, it says:

set_perm: some changes failed
    E: Error in /storage/sdcard1/TWKITKAT.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted
    Last edited by canasianjosh; 03-19-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Which version cause it flashes fine with the one I tested it on and using

I am using PhilZ Touch 6 build version: 6.15.4 - i9505 (cm_jlftecri)
    CWM base version: v6.0.4.7

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Oh that explains it for some odd reason his latest recovery won't work I'll post you a link for Philz Touch 6.08.9 jflte

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

http://www.sendspace.com/file/42fw8g

Won't let me install that zip either, it says 'This package if for 'jlfteusc' devices; this is a jlftecri'
    So I just downloaded this one
    Goo.im Downloads - Downloading philz_touch_6.08.9-jfltecri.zip

and it worked!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

How did it work out
    Last edited by Android Titan; 03-19-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Titan congrats on the port and thanks as well it's working great on gs4,
    only i have a few bugs i don't know what's app with that
    bugs:
    1 i can't back up my apps with titanium back up,i don't know if is related to this message from titanium it said something like(theandroid id that i'm using with your rom has changed that if i don't want any issues i should restore the previous old id)so i did that i wonder if that's the problem. i should try the new id and see what happens.
    2 netflix won't run i restore my back up it didn't work i uninstalled it and did a fresh install and it won't load anything at all.
    3 this one i don't knonw yet when i was using war boy's 4.3 i had issues while using bluetooth if i had data or wifi on at either one running at the same time with bluetooth it would make my internet crazy slow i can't test that right now my bluetooth headset is broken.
    4 i'll try this one right now while i was on war boy's 4.3 i could not make back ups on philz recovery it said insufficient or not enough storage available at a point i empty my whole ext sd card which is a 32 gigs and i even reformat the sd card within android settings and i went did the back up it said not enough memory and then went ahead do it anyways it did the back up but when i tried to restore the back up just for a test it sort of crash and said it could not restore the data only so i got a restored back up with no apps or configurations on it so will see how yours works.

p.s.
    i never had trouble making back ups with trwp recovery while i was on stock 4.1 jelly bean just to let you know
    please let me know if there's something wrong with my device and if there's a way to fix the backing up part thanks,will let you know how the backing goes with yours.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

so i'm doing the back up on philz recovery for the jfltcri and it tells me this

low free space! continue anyway?
    this cannot be done

-no
    -yes - continue nandroid job
    -no
    -*******go back*****
    philz touch 6
    CWM Base version :v6.0.4.6

>>free space 15758 Mb (52%)
    >> Needed space: 574580 Mb

don't you think or see this is crazy please help me as i don't know or can't make back ups and always spend a lot of time while installing new roms from scratch thanks titan.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

ok it's done it says
    backing up selinux context...
    backup selinux context completed
    backup of system completed
    back up of cached completed.
    Generating md5 sum...
    Finalizing,please wait

Backup complete!
    Backup time :30.42
    Backup size 7334. 07Mb (you see this before i made the nandroid it said i needed 574580 Mb which is crazy big)
    Compression :0.00%
    press any key to continue

i think when i did the backup with war boy's rom 4.3 it got stucked for a while when i tried to restore the backup through philz it said something like failed to read md5 or something like that.
    By the way thanks for including the samsung keyboard i like it cause it got the numbers on the top,also i like that with this rom i"m able to run on screen keys with (soft keys enabler) from the google play store.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

No you want to be using his 6.08.9 I'll fix the one I have its for US Cellular but it will fully work on are phone let me modify it really fast for you and it will work I have no problem backing up to internal storage or SD

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fs2o7u

Try this one you will be happy

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

sad to say it but i already had this went ahead and donwloaded this one anyways and still same result.
    i don't know what the problem might be i can make the backup but can't restore the data really frustating and it takes a lot of time to put everything back together though.
    i don't know what to do l'll go back to stock 4.1 see if i can do nandroid and restore them from there with twrp then just get philz recovery your rom and start messing with it again.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

i'm going to try netflix and titanium to see if they play and if they allow to back new apps

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

ok i tried to back up an app sleep as an android and give the message
    batch failed. insuficient free storage available
    i'll google the problem and see what i can find

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

netflix won't load either

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

so i tried this recovery too from your link (which i already had from before) and still the same problem about not being able to restore data.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

i found that 4.4 gives problems to some users to save information on ext sd card i found this app called folder mount root solves that problem indeed that is true i tried to save on internal sd card with titanium backup and it backups normal with internal storage.
    Ran the app Folder mount root and it gave me this
    important note
    folder mount has detected a faulty module in your samsung galaxy phone.Folder mount will not work properly with it.would you like me to attempt to repair that fault?

also it mention something about knox something but couldn't read cause it dissapear to fast.

p.s.
    i also can't save screenshots with power and home button at the same time.
    Last edited by vicente; 04-13-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

When you try to restore make sure you do a full wipe the option were it says new ROM after you select factory data reset ... After that then try restoring that'd what's I do and it works every time

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Because if you dont and you just try to restore your back up after it starts back up you will get all kinda of shit going wrong

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

So try wipen everything before the restore and let me know if it works and let me look into those other problems you ran into

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

You know why it'd a Samsung phuck up because instead of your phone reading the internal storage and external as
    /storage/sdcard1
    Its reading it as
    /storage/emulated/0/extSdCard

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

So you phone sees both example
    Cyanogenmod will read read
    /storage
    As internel and
    /storage/sdcard1
    As external

Touchwiz your internel storage is
    /storage/emulated/0/
    Or
    /storage/legacy/0
    As internal
    and your sdcard is
    /storage/extSdCard

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

So if you don't wipe complety you end up with double everything and not even know it

i don't know for sure titan but if what you are saying is true i'll give it a shot thanks for the help,i'm doing the restore right now
    step 1 boot to recovery
    2 once on recovery factory data reset
    3 clean to install a new rom
    4 flash nandroid created earlier.

also i read there is a couple of problems with kit kat so i solve 1 of them the issue about titanium backup not saving backups (it just does not wanna save them on ext sd card) because that's an issue with 4.4 kit kat they disable the option to save on ext sd by default.
    So i went ahead and found this app call folder mount root on google play ran the app change the location of titanium backup folders to internal then link it to ext sd card within the app settings and then the app fix some permission needed to store stuff on ext sd card and be readable and writable.
    In conclusion now i don't need the app to change the location of titanium folders i can do it withiout the app because it fix the permissions.
    Now if your solution does not work i read that there's in app called nandroid manager that allows you to do a lot of things for nandroids 1 of them is "it allows you to fix permissions or bugs actually" like the error data cannot be restored.

i'll report back and let you know my results also read that some apps get compatibility broken when they go from ics.to jellybean or kit kat so that might be why netflix won't run on my gs4 do you have netflix or anybody and does it run fine on your devices please let me know that way i will look into finding a solution for this problem that i have with netflix on my gs4 with kit kat.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

i just did it the way i posted above
    recovery,wipe cache,data factory reset,install new rom option,restore back up from ext sd and it gave me the same error boo-hoo.
    Moving to other things what's that security thing that keeps popping up about some apps runnig without permissions or something that pops up king often in notification bar let you know exactly what it says later, but what does that do anyway.
    Last edited by vicente; 04-13-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Oh that bull crap its part of Knox I have a something you can use to flash that will get rid of all that bloatware

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o8ify3

Here this was not developed by me do I don't take any credit for it its an aroma installer that let's you choose what apks you want to delete from the US cellular KitKat firmware and since this is a full port with everything this will work on this ROM also

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information