Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2014
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Tried *228 and nothing, my sim card is cricket. It says my mobile network is connected buy the carrier is U.S Cellular. Ive tried everything too. I have to flash back to to stock rom to get everything to work properly again

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Dec 2013
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Android Titan View Post
    It says us cellular that can't be right mine says cricket and aways has hmm I wounder what the he'll so you have no data that's crazy I do but then again I don't have 4G service were I live only 3g

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

It is crazy. Drove me nuts. I assumed it was just me or something on my end.

Customer Since

Thanks this rom is exactly what I've been looking for. I installed the zip just as you stated and after I installed the twkitkat 4.4.2 port, my sim card is not recognized anymore. I have the Cricket sim card and its looking for a US Cellular sim card. Do you have a fix for this? I have no service, its searching for service. I skipped the activation and completed the setup. Under network it says, searching for service. When I go to the internet it says US Cellular My Account. Please help!!! This is the rom for me.

After doing another factory wipe and reboot! It says: "Unsupported SIM card in your device, Please turn off your device and carefully insert correct SIM card into the SIM card slot. If you prefer to skip this step now, be sure to insert correct SIM card later. Until you do, most of your device's features will not work."
    Last edited by Browneyes; 03-28-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Customer Since
    FEB 2014
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Thats the same problem I also incountered aswell

Customer Since

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by superdaves31 View Post
    Thats the same problem I also incountered aswell
    I solved the problem by flashing back to stock rom. Upgrading to kitkat, I used pro bam 1.2.1 for jfltecri and gapps. Then I did factory wipe and re flashed twkitkat 4.4.2 port. After rebooting, it said the same thing but this time when I skipped it and went thru the setup, it started working and now network says Cricket. Now my only issue is a security notice saying unauthorized actions have been detected and there is a fix for that on Stephen Proffitt's KT-SGS4-MJ5-KTweaker.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Yes

Customer Since

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Browneyes View Post
    I solved the problem by flashing back to stock rom. Upgrading to kitkat, I used pro bam 1.2.1 for jfltecri and gapps. Then I did factory wipe and re flashed twkitkat 4.4.2 port. After rebooting, it said the same thing but this time when I skipped it and went thru the setup, it started working and now network says Cricket. Now my only issue is a security notice saying unauthorized actions have been detected and there is a fix for that on Stephen Proffitt's KT-SGS4-MJ5-KTweaker.
    If you get the security notice saying unauthorized actions have been detected, all you have to do is open it and back out of it, I didn't restart. I love this rom, once again thanks to all involved.

Customer Since
    Dec 2013
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

If you get the security notice saying unauthorized actions have been detected, all you have to do is open it and back out of it, I didn't restart. I love this rom, once again thanks to all involved.
    Something like this?

1) Flash Stock Rom
    2) Odin/install Recovery
    3) Flash ProBam 1.2.1 and probam gapps
    4) Boot into recovery and do a factory wipe.
    5) Flash twkitkat

Trying to figure out what you mean by "Upgrading to kitkat, I used pro bam 1.2.1 for jfltecri and gapps."
    Last edited by crixtoanti; 03-28-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I have a update I'm almost done with I added settings and system ui from the galaxy s5 and a few others I'll post screen shots when I'm done

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Yeah there is a fix my bad remove the Knox apk lol

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Here's what it looks like so far

Cool fix for writing on system.build.prop

thanks for the gs5 features port,
    now i got another problem i can't seem to be able to modify the build.prop i would go with any root explorer and be able to change anything i want but it won't save the changes like there is a way to get the s5 icons if you modify the build.prop well it won't save that,another one is i want to disable menu and back keys and that's not the build.prop is system but still it won't allow me to save please reply with a solution i'll look into some fix on my own for now.

so i found the solution on another forum guys this is it
    1 get es explorer from play store is free
    2 press settings a panel from the left opens, select tools scroll down to root explorer tick the box
    3 press where it says root explorer (the actual words root explorer)
    4 select Mount R/W
    5 make sure that on the bubbles on the right that says RW theses are ticked
    /
    / system
    /persdata/absolute
    /mnt/media_rw/extSdCard

the last option was selected already on my phone when i ran super su for the first time is very important that you run super su since the first boot that way it allows you to save to the external sd card hope i help somebody who is or was on this problem like i was ohh by the way i also use another app called folder mount that also helped me in the beginning when i couldn't save to extsd with titanium backup.
    Last edited by vicente; 03-29-2014 at 04:06 PM. Reason: found the answer

Phone
    Galaxy S3

I'm not sure let me look into that I think it's a Samsung flop and screwed something in there have ass kit kat update I'll look threw some threads for other carriers and see if they have same problems

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Android Titan View Post
    I'm not sure let me look into that I think it's a Samsung flop and screwed something in there have ass kit kat update I'll look threw some threads for other carriers and see if they have same problems

thanks ti already found the solution,i post the solution on the same post.

by the way you know how you told me to flash the aroma installer to choose which apps to install and which not to install well instead of doing that i freeze a lot of those system apps with titanium but sometimes my phone freezes like when i use the camera or over clock or under clock and a few others anyways the question is
    should i just use the aroma installer and install what i want and those freezes won't occur no more?
    i read somewhere that when you uninstall or freeze system apps the os crashes or freezes on my case it does that or sometimes it reboots itself don't wanna sound like a kiss ass but i really like your rom and don't wanna go stock or something else so i rather deal with the problems.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

2 questions
    1 i have a friends phone that took the official cricket over the air 4.3 update her phone would not be able to use your rom because it's the locked bootloader right or am i wrong can officials 4.3 use your rom let me know
    2 for some reason her phone can't use some free wifi hot spots this is what i mean mine or anybody else's would connect and either a browser would open on it's own or when we reload the page we were on the browser it would take me to the please that says accept the terms and click below to connect,well that does not show up on her phone would try tomorrow again by opening the current page on her browser and reloading it and see what happens.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Titan hows the update coming? Really looking forward to it!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

The update is slowly be surely getting there the only reason it's taking so long is because normally I have 2 phones one that I use for development and one that's my personal phone will I only have one phone and its my personal one ,and
    I need that so I do work on it here and there mostly at night when I'm not really needing the phone

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

If you have a cricket Galaxy S4 it doesn't have a locked bootloader you would and could use this rom and as far as the can't connect to some mobile hot spots can you explain exactly what your trying to do and what not happening if you what I mean

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information