Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth8883 View Post
    Try dialing #*#*4636*#*# and make sure you are set up for lte/cdma/evdo.
    it didn't worked thanks for trying to help though all i get is a line busy and i get a triangle on the top like is roaming or something.
    just to let you my phone was fine but i screw it by flashing an incomplete download of a stock rom through odin it got on the part where it says you have to restore your phone os with kies instead i got into donwload mode went with odin again and flashed twrp with odin and then flashed philz recovery through trwp as a zip and well after that i get the non activated device damn!
    how do i put 2 rar files together with winrar?
    sthepen profit has a stock rom split into rar files but i don't know how to put them together

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Install winrar. Put both rar files in the same folder. Extract files or double click on one of the rar files and drag out the file you see.

PS. you dont "put rar files together". They automatically look for for each other when extracting.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Install winrar. Put both rar files in the same folder. Extract files or double click on one of the rar files and drag out the file you see.

PS. you dont "put rar files together". They automatically look for for each other when extracting.
    thanks so i did that i got the 2 rar files in one folder and then extreacted the bigger one i don't think it matters but i did and then ended up with a system.img.ext4 ext4 file i don't know if i can flash this as i'm afraid this might make it worse i got also this firmware from sam mobile for the gs4 cricket the version from june flashed it with odin 3.09 cause that's what the instructions say and it flashed but it got stuck on the samsung glowing word what can i do i messed the phone since yesterday all i can think of is going to the cricket store and ask them to reactivate the phone for me hopefully that helps if that does not help i don't know what to do everyone thanks for the support also i can't seem to get stephen profit download stock rom completely and that's what screw my phone in the first place but it was my fault nobody's else's fault.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Quote Originally Posted by vicente View Post
    Originally Posted by superdaves31
    Thats the same problem I also incountered aswell

I solved the problem by flashing back to stock rom. Upgrading to kitkat, I used pro bam 1.2.1 for jfltecri and gapps. Then I did factory wipe and re flashed twkitkat 4.4.2 port. After rebooting, it said the same thing but this time when I skipped it and went thru the setup, it started working and now network says Cricket. Now my only issue is a security notice saying unauthorized actions have been detected and there is a fix for that on Stephen Proffitt's KT-SGS4-MJ5-KTweaker.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...#ixzz2zOI4aFM6

i have encountered this problem on a very rare case, in the beginning i never encounter this issue but now after flashing an incomplete stock rom through odin and reinstalling trwp recovery followed by philz touch recovery i have seen the same problem no no signal just roaming trying to figure out how to fix this problem now.
    it didn't worked thanks for trying to help though all i get is a line busy and i get a triangle on the top like is roaming or something.
    just to let you my phone was fine but i screw it by flashing an incomplete download of a stock rom through odin it got on the part where it says you have to restore your phone os with kies instead i got into donwload mode went with odin again and flashed twrp with odin and then flashed philz recovery through trwp as a zip and well after that i get the non activated device damn!
    how do i put 2 rar files together with winrar?
    sthepen profit has a stock rom split into rar files but i don't know how to put them together
    Flash your stock backup (assuming you have one) factory reset. Update prl *228 hit call. Reboot. If that doesnt restore functionality then flash a touch wiz custom (complete) rom use dialer code #*#*4636*#*#(dont hit call) check the settings (adjust if incorrect). If that fails to restore functionality use dialer code #*#*rtn*#*#. Let it factory reset update prl *228. See what that does. Are you sure you APNs are correct? I can email you my APNs they have never been tampered with and I have never flashed a custom rom on this device.
    You may have to enable dialer codes edit root browser go to system/efs/carrier/hiddenmenu=off change it to on. Then go to system/build.prop and add this sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1 Reboot then use dialer code #*#*22745927*#*#.
    Last edited by kenneth8883; 04-20-2014 at 08:52 AM.

thank you so much for all the info yes i did have stock back up i restored it i think i tried the *228 and it could not connect it said line busy, for the 2 code i was on a members rom titan's 4.4 twkitkat and hit call which is the one thing you say not to do but if i just leave the code nothing happens so i assume i gotta enable the codes.
    about the roms does it matter what version of android i'm running like 4.2, 4.3,4.4 it does not matter as long as it touchwiz right.
    and about the apns i didn't change anything but ever since i tried to restore stephen profit stock rom the data got corrupted and maybe that change something with the apns how would i know about that how can i see them or change i guess 1 step at a time right haha so frustrated lol.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Download an app called apn backup and restore. Use titanium backup to convert it to a system app (tap backup restore, find the app, long press at the bottom of pop up menu select convert to system app. Reboot. Open app hit menu/options select dusable ics check. Hit back up apns and see what that file says.) Or in touch wiz stock use voice dialer slowly say open Apns. See what that is take a screen shot. I can email you my apns then you can compare.
    Android 4.3 and above requires you to edit the build prop and efs files as stated. In android 4.2 and below you can just enter dialer code #*#*22745926*#*#. Select enable easiest option would be to find a stock touch wiz 4.2 rom
    Last edited by kenneth8883; 04-20-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Flash your stock backup (assuming you have one) factory reset. Update prl *228 hit call. Reboot. If that doesnt restore functionality then flash a touch wiz custom (complete) rom use dialer code #*#*4636*#*#(dont hit call) check the settings (adjust if incorrect). If that fails to restore functionality use dialer code #*#*rtn*#*#. Let it factory reset update prl *228. See what that does. Are you sure you APNs are correct? I can email you my APNs they have never been tampered with and I have never flashed a custom rom on this device.
    You may have to enable dialer codes edit root browser go to system/efs/carrier/hiddenmenu=off change it to on. Then go to system/build.prop and add this sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1 Reboot then use dialer code #*#*22745927*#*#.

i didn't find this at all

You may have to enable dialer codes edit root browser go to system/efs/carrier/hiddenmenu=off change it to on.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/s4-root-...#ixzz2zR4z3i1g

what do you guys think should i go ahead put the firmware from sam mobile from 06-13 like i already have and then take it to a cricket store to get reactivated my only 2 fears are one they are not gonna be able to fix the problem or they might accidently upgrade my os and bootloader to the latest one 4.3 or 4.4 with the know bootloader.
    well i guess as long as don't let them plug my phone into a computer they won't update anything but the apns or something right or am i wrong?
    please let me know what yuou guys think about doing it the cricket way is it safe (knox bootloader i don't want that)

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

What android version are you running?

Download an app called apn backup and restore. Use titanium backup to convert it to a system app (tap backup restore, find the app, long press at the bottom of pop up menu select convert to system app. Reboot. Open app hit menu/options select dusable ics check. Hit back up apns and see what that file says.) Or in touch wiz stock use voice dialer slowly say open Apns. See what that is take a screen shot. I can email you my apns then you can compare.
    Android 4.3 and above requires you to edit the build prop and efs files as stated. In android 4.2 and below you can just enter dialer code #*#*22745926*#*#. Select enable easiest option would be to find a stock touch wiz 4.2 rom
    ok so i have my stock rom which is 4.2 i'll try the code #*#*22745926*#*# to see what happens.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

What android version are you running?
    i got my stock rom tw 4.2.2 as a back up
    i have 4.3 war boys rom
    4.4 war boys edition
    4.4 twkitkat full port from titan
    4.4 probam with gapps
    i can have any of my like since my bootloader is not locked

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

code #*#*22745926*#*#
    didn't do anything on stock 4.2.2 there's is something i'm missing cause i know i can enable this menu for hte codes i did before i just gotta google it but iu gotta go to work god damn thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate what you are doing any responses in the taking back to cricket to get it reactivated. before i do that i'll go to titans 4.4 kitkat rom and try your codes there too and see what happens.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

ok so i have my stock rom which is 4.2 i'll try the code #*#*22745926*#*# to see what happens.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

i got my stock rom tw 4.2.2 as a back up
    i have 4.3 war boys rom
    4.4 war boys edition
    4.4 twkitkat full port from titan
    4.4 probam with gapps
    i can have any of my like since my bootloader is not locked
    Awesome use your stock 4.2 and go into dialer and press #*#*22745927*#*# or #*22745927# or #*22745927*#.
    Different phones require different variations of the code. If that works and allows you to enable hidden menu hit enable and the hit home button then try variations of #*#*4636*#*# or #*4636# or #*4636*#.
    Always hit home button if codes do not respond and don't hit call button.
    Last edited by kenneth8883; 04-20-2014 at 09:32 AM.

code #*#*22745926*#*#
    didn't do anything on stock 4.2.2 there's is something i'm missing cause i know i can enable this menu for hte codes i did before i just gotta google it but iu gotta go to work god damn thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate what you are doing any responses in the taking back to cricket to get it reactivated. before i do that i'll go to titans 4.4 kitkat rom and try your codes there too and see what happens.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

See my edits chrome is acting up on me

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I mrant 22745927 sorry 4.2 is a good start. I would start with 4.2 rom as it has less security in what you're trying to accomplish.

Awesome use your stock 4.2 and go into dialer and press #*#*22745927*#*# or #*22745927# or #*22745927*#.
    Different phones require different variations of the code. If that works and allows you to enable hidden menu hit enable and the hit home button then try variations of #*#*4636*#*# or #*4636# or #*4636*#.
    Always hit home button if codes do not respond and don't hit call button.
    ohh ok i didn't know i was supposed to press home instead the call button i'll try that

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Only hit home if code doesn't respond

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

I found it! You have to use root browser from jrummy. Give it su permissions open it find the efs file its right under dev navigate to efs/carrier/hiddenmenu open as a text file using rbtext editor change of to ON all caps then hit enter so that the blinking text indicator (if that makes sense) is under neath the word on then hit save. Then navigate to system/build.prop and add sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1. I did place that text in a certain place on my build.prop you can see in the attachment I provide here. Reboot. Go into dialer and hit ##data# view what you have in that location. Maybe warboy 4.4 might be good for this. I do have apns backed up in a .xml you can use to restore your apns if needed.
    You may be able to just use dialer code ##data# on your stock 4.2 with out changing anything. Start with your 4.2 stock dial ##data# let it pop into rhe window and view if your lte is enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2014-04-20-08-48-15.png  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information