Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth8883 View Post
    I found it! You have to use root browser from jrummy. Give it su permissions open it find the efs file its right under dev navigate to efs/carrier/hiddenmenu open as a text file using rbtext editor change of to ON all caps then hit enter so that the blinking text indicator (if that makes sense) is under neath the word on then hit save. Then navigate to system/build.prop and add sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1. I did place that text in a certain place on my build.prop you can see in the attachment I provide here. Reboot. Go into dialer and hit ##data# view what you have in that location. Maybe warboy 4.4 might be good for this. I do have apns backed up in a .xml you can use to restore your apns if needed.
    You may be able to just use dialer code ##data# on your stock 4.2 with out changing anything. Start with your 4.2 stock dial ##data# let it pop into rhe window and view if your lte is enabled.
    so i did the above kenneth i managed to get the hidden menu that you mention but i see the lte enabled i'm on war boy's 4.4 custom experience i think it's called gonna check some more stuff on that hidden menu and if nothing works i'll flash back to stock 4.2.2 and see what happens wish me luck.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I found it! You have to use root browser from jrummy. Give it su permissions open it find the efs file its right under dev navigate to efs/carrier/hiddenmenu open as a text file using rbtext editor change of to ON all caps then hit enter so that the blinking text indicator (if that makes sense) is under neath the word on then hit save. Then navigate to system/build.prop and add sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1. I did place that text in a certain place on my build.prop you can see in the attachment I provide here. Reboot. Go into dialer and hit ##data# view what you have in that location. Maybe warboy 4.4 might be good for this. I do have apns backed up in a .xml you can use to restore your apns if needed.
    You may be able to just use dialer code ##data# on your stock 4.2 with out changing anything. Start with your 4.2 stock dial ##data# let it pop into rhe window and view if your lte is enabled.

you know my bad i rebooted i went back to the ##data# and went to see lte i click on it once and the next screen says lte enabled,click on it for a second time and it takes to a new window or menu and it says lte disabled, then if i want to enable it i have togo under edit mode but i don't know what my msl might can you help me find out what my msl might be please.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

so i went ahead found that my spc is 6 zeros went into the lte section and was on edit mode after that i went on lte tap on it,tap it a second time and it won't allow me change it to on it gets unable to be selected to change you can tap on it but all i see is that is on a big shade unable to be selected and change gonna flash the stock 4.2.2 and do the same and see what happens over there right now i;m testing this on war boy's 4.4 custom edition

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

so i went ahead found that my spc is 6 zeros went into the lte section and was on edit mode after that i went on lte tap on it,tap it a second time and it won't allow me change it to on it gets unable to be selected to change you can tap on it but all i see is that is on a big shade unable to be selected and change gonna flash the stock 4.2.2 and do the same and see what happens over there right now i;m testing this on war boy's 4.4 custom edition

2. Remove this advertisement.

kenneth i'm trying all the codes that you gave me opn stock 4.2.2 and there is no luck i activated the hidden menu but nothing happens,although when i was on 4.3 or 4.4 on war boy's or titan's they would work,no uck with the ##data# on stock 4.2 but i know there's a way i just gotta be patient thanks for all the support.
    about those apns of yours it would be nice to have them then again can i the the apns from another cricket phone even if is not the same gs4 like zte per say cause all i need are the apns right then again my prl onder phone status reads only 1

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

I think they would be the same apns as long as other phone is 4g/lte. Check out my post in the apn thread. The .xml file is there and someone put my apns as text also. That prl doesn't seem right I thought prl is like 5 or 6 numbers.

I think they would be the same apns as long as other phone is 4g/lte. Check out my post in the apn thread. The .xml file is there and someone put my apns as text also. That prl doesn't seem right I thought prl is like 5 or 6 numbers.

yeah i just grab your apns and still got the same thing i got a triangle floating around the signal bars, and yes you are right prl are like 5 to 6 numbers so i wonder if i get a prl from another working cricket phone and passs over to the gs4 that might fix the problem don't you think but i forgot how to that i had cdma workshop on another computer but not on this one so how i be able to extract a prl and put it in my phone any suggestions.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Gimme a sec. I know prl is by region so maybe prl from other phone would work.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

This may help worth reading.
    [On The Fly PRL Change]PRL Changes With and Without a PC - theMikMik

Im not completely sure of the rules here. I know in some forums it's against rules to post links to other forums. I hope I didn't violate any rules here. Just trying to help out a fellow androidian. I posted for informational use only as im not a member of mikmik.

Last edited by kenneth8883; 04-20-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Gimme a sec. I know prl is by region so maybe prl from other phone would work.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

This may help worth reading.
    [On The Fly PRL Change]PRL Changes With and Without a PC - theMikMik

Im not completely sure of the rules here. I know in some forums it's against rules to post links to other forums. I hope I didn't violate any rules here. Just trying to help out a fellow androidian. I posted for informational use only as im not a member of mikmik.

appreciate all the effort thanks a lot man

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Hey so since we got are firmware I did a little something with it let me know what you think so far here are some pics I pretty much got all the Galaxy S5 apks ported to the phone

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Is wifi working without flashing wifi fix? Is 4g working? Is mms working? Please say it is.... those screen shots are SEKSIE!!!!

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Yeah it all works

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

Its are KitKat firmware with the galaxy s5 apks

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

In that case im going to download and flash.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

OK will I haven't posted it yet so hold on

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

So its no longer a port its based off of our official firmware with s5 apks ported?

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

Those screen shots are seksie can't wait til uploaded. Thanks TITAN

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Yeah I'm going to make a new thread here in a little bet

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Awesome. I will definitely give the rom a run.

Phone
    Galaxy S3

Pretty much its almost the exact same as the s5 with out the extra hardware stuff but in software pretty damn close even bootanimation

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information