Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 12.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Admire 2 Root Round 2

Just another Update---> It is confirmed that there are issues using 64 bit PC's with ODIN. It looks like it works but never fully flashes and brings up stock recovery. so make sure to use 32 bit computer

**** I INCLUDE RAR ODIN2 AS I BELEAVE THAT TWRP IS A BETTER RECOVERY. USE SAME METHODS OUTLINED ****

Ok so it seems that original the Samsung Admire 2 first came out to cricket with some "bugs" that allowed for it to be rooted by the method stated in this forum earlier. To distinguish the two founds it would appear easiest to look at the Muve Music App and look at the version. Anything with version 4 is the one with the patch update and anything under version 4 has the "bugs" to allow rooting in the other stated method.

Well the Admire 2 is the exact same thing as the Axiom.

So with that in mind here is how to root and install SU

I take no credit for any of this. I found it on theunlockr.com and am posting it here. The CWM recovery is located in the odin rar.

I. Before You Begin:
    1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if thereís any unrooting procedure available.

2. This should install the ClockworkMod Recovery as well on your device.

3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.

II. Downloading Required Files:
    1. Odin ---->See Below

2. ClockworkMod Recovery ---->Is located in the Odin RAR file

3. CWM SuperSU ------->See below

III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Admire 2/Axiom:
    1. Download and place all the files onto your Desktop.

2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.

3. Double-click on Odin executable file and itíll launch.

4. Click on PDA and select the ClockworkMod Recovery file you downloaded earlier.

5. Turn OFF your device

6. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.

7. Once inside Download mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.

8. Click on Start button in the Odin and itíll begin flashing the file.

9. Once itís done, reboot your device.

10. Youíre done!

Awesome! Your deviceís been successfully equipped with a custom recovery, now is the time to root t. Go ahead and root your device!

IV. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Admire 2/Axiom:
    1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.

2. Copy the CWM-SuperSU zip over to the root of your SD card.

3. Once the fileís copied, unplug your device from your PC.

4. Turn OFF your device.

5. Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. To do that, just hold down the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.

6. From the Recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.

7. Select the CWM-SuperSU zip you copied earlier to your device.

8. Itíll flash the file to your device.

9. Once itís done, reboot your device.

10. And youíre all done!

Excellent! Your Galaxy Admire 2/Axiom has been successfully rooted and you now also have a custom recovery on your device. Root-only apps and custom ROMs are knocking at your door!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Raymond Leonard-Chip; 02-06-2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: TWRP is better recovery

2. Remove this advertisement.

WOW!! first time one of my posts became a "STICKEY"

Overall activity: 6.0%

Bummer, it doesn't seem to be working for my wife's phone. She has the update and Muve 4.x.x. Unfortunately, going through Odin shows as successful, but the original recovery still remains and the SuperSU file won't flash through the original recovery. The Odin2 file doesn't have a .tar or a .md5 file inside, and I am hesitant to rename the recover-TWRP file and try to load it. Any suggestions?

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by eburgan View Post
    Bummer, it doesn't seem to be working for my wife's phone. She has the update and Muve 4.x.x. Unfortunately, going through Odin shows as successful, but the original recovery still remains and the SuperSU file won't flash through the original recovery. The Odin2 file doesn't have a .tar or a .md5 file inside, and I am hesitant to rename the recover-TWRP file and try to load it. Any suggestions?
    Try uninstalling the drivers through device manager. I went as far as a factory reset of my phone and it still didn't work until I uninstalled the drivers.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eburgan View Post

What operating system are you using?? and which recovery were you trying to use?

Overall activity: 11.0%

Just to update, I tried this in both 64 bit windows 7 and 32 bit windows xp and although odin says the custom recovery installs successfully, I still can't get the phone to boot into anything but stock android recovery.

This is so frustrating.

The funny thing is , is that you are forgetting to load the pit file!!! Look at the image I sent you. That is what ODIN should look like before you run it

on a side note, I cant see anything I'm typing in the text box!!! How weird is that!!

Okay. Well, neither the instructions here nor the ones from Team US Cellular for the Axiom where they originate mention a pit file. I guess that's supposed to obvious?

Anyway, I tried it again, with the pit file, both on my 64 bit Windows 7 desktop and on the old xp lappy I dug up and it's still not booting to custom. Odin is still saying that I successfully flashed the custom recovery, and my phone still says I have a custom binary in download mode, but it still opens to stock recovery. Tried CWM and twrp on both operating systems with no change.

Update.

For some reason unchecking "auto reboot" and unplugging it to reboot it into recovery myself seemed to make the difference. I got into custom recovery and installed the superuser zip from the SD card. Finally!

As Ren would say, "Oh Happy Happy Joy Joy"

Customer Since
    Nov 2013

Can I get a copy of that Image Raymond? I am having similar issues trying to root my phone. I am on windows 7/64. Any additional help would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

When I try I get a message that the PIT Failed. any ideas?

R u having issues rooting or issues with the the wifi working?

Customer Since
    Nov 2013

Sorry for the confusion. I am having issues rooting the phone. Does it matter that I have a 830C version?

All versions are sch-r830c. The thing that causes issues is the hw version but not for rooting.

Customer Since
    Nov 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post
    All versions are sch-r830c. The thing that causes issues is the hw version but not for rooting.

HW? Version? I am kinda new to cricket. My old phone is a rooted HTC EVO. So I might need to visit you if you in Tempe cause I am in Laveen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information