Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Overall activity: 2.0%

I bricked my galaxy admire 2 ...but I figured a way to unbrick it ,im using it to type this.I had to buy another one so I backed that one up.flashed axiom's cwm recovery on my bricked gsa2 thru odin and the recovery works . I then took out my sd card from my working one with the backup put it in the bricked gsa2 and flashed the backup it worked perfectly now I have two....
    will use one for making rom

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Will do a factory reset on whole phone another backup without my data and post the back up....but again for people out there the axiom cwm recovery works on this phone.ROM TYME

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

lost root on my admire 2 after samsung update, impactor says no signature, is there a updated way to root the phone again, thanks for any help

Overall activity: 2.0%

Try doing a factory reset and then rooting it again

I attempted the steps outlined, however I am getting 'signature bugs unavailable'. Any suggestion?

Overall activity: 16.0%

Customer Since
    july 2011
    Phone

Man thanks for telling us about using another phone to fix your original one. I luckily didn't have to buy another, but was able to use someone else's. Thanks again! I thought that I had lost her. Haha

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    Aug 2012

Hello,

I just purchased this phone (Samsung Admire 2 SCH-R830) during Cricket's Black Friday Sale (~$125). I am a current owner of a Samsung Admire 1 (SCH-R720), however, I believe that it is un-rootable. I am also having software troubles with my SCH-R720 which is why I bought this phone. I am looking forward to getting my Samsung Admire 2 (SCH-R830) in a few days and will be rooting it next weekend.
    Last edited by werD; 12-01-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

if cydia impactor isn't working i'm not sure if the admire2 is able to be rooted yet. however the "admire1" sch-r720 is rootable, and there is even a rom available

Cricket Samsung Vitality

Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Indica:

Just flash twrp using odin. it will root your admire 2. Then flash a superSU.zip if necessary. The cydia Impactor didn't work for me. I tried multiple drivers, unplugged and replugged in the usb cable, rebooted, etc.

Overall activity: 11.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Blissett View Post
    I attempted the steps outlined, however I am getting 'signature bugs unavailable'. Any suggestion?
    I'm having this same issue. I even tried factory reset as someone suggested and at "testing #9695860" the process stops and says "signature bugs unavailable".

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to get me rooted?

Customer Since
    March2007

I just flashed my phone back to the stock rom, upon doing so i lost root. I used the steps in the video posted and achieved root without any problem. I must say that my phone was never able to install the small update that came out because i was rooted before it came out and now my phone won't allow updates. I doubt the update is the reason some people are running into problems achieving root, but it may be the case.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Quote Originally Posted by kvnr33d View Post
    I just flashed my phone back to the stock rom, upon doing so i lost root. I used the steps in the video posted and achieved root without any problem. I must say that my phone was never able to install the small update that came out because i was rooted before it came out and now my phone won't allow updates. I doubt the update is the reason some people are running into problems achieving root, but it may be the case.

I believe that the reason people are having problems with achieving root is very simple. Let me explain here as I tried with my other thread (Admire 2 Root 2).

It seems that there was a slight "BUGS" in previous versions that IMPACTOR exploited in order to gain root access. These "BUGS" have since been removed/patched/fixed. With that now the way to gain root on the newer phones is to use ODIN to flash a new recovery (either CWM or TWRP). To find out which method works for the particular phone I found the best way to do so is to actually look at the MUVE MUSIC app. The phone that will work with IMPACTOR will MUVE version 3.X.X ( the MUVE MUSIC icon will be blue background with white music note). The phone that comes out of the box with MUVE MUSIC version 4.x.x will require ODIN in order to flash the new recovery (The MUVE MUSIC icon will have a white background and I forget what color the music note is, I believe blue.)

So with saying that, I also believe that there are some slight hardware changes between the 2 phones. The reason for my thought on this is because I had the later of the 2. Came stock with Muve 4.x.x and I, in my El Stupido move, farted around with beginning to modify and create a custom rom forgot to back up the original. I did flash a stock rom found in another thread in this forum but have lost WIFI and WIRELESS TETHER. But still have USB TETHER.

I have no way to test this theory until someone posts a stock rom from a recent phone. Until that is dont believe I'll be able to continue to develop a custom rom for this phone

good morning, I need your help to format my samsung r830c someone could send I the firmware cricket could not use the phone urging I to send me email michael.sanchez@live.com.mx

[Quote = Chris Rodríguez; 154485] Gracias ShabbyPenguin por dirigirme en el directo derecha. Un método de raíz ahora existe para los Cricket Wireless Samsung Admire 2. Descargas: Cydia Impactor -
    Cydia Impactor

Samsung Drivers -
    Soporte técnico - Más de teléfono celular Proveedores SCH-R970C | Teléfonos móviles Samsung

(ir a la pestaña de descargas) Edit: Algunas personas podrían feria mejor uso de los controladores Axiom. Este dispositivo es prety mucho lo mismo que la Admire 2 -
    Soporte técnico - US Cellular SCH-R830 | Teléfonos móviles Samsung

Vídeo Mensaje: Lo siento chicos. Ningún método de raíz todavía. Este es un marcador de posición. Voy a intentar algunos métodos de raíces existentes e informar. Esperemos que este mensaje se convertirá en un tutorial. Tengo que conseguir la gente adecuada en el foro adecuado: -.) [/ quote]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information