Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Stock rom (flashable via recovery)

I was rather surprised after soft bricking my phone the other day, samsung does not have a default firmware file to get your phone up and runnung. well, ladies and gentleman, here it is, a flashable .zip file. it is rather large, but it is stock 4.1.2 for the SCH-R830C

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0eq...it?usp=sharing

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    March2007

Can you re-upload the zip file. I can't download. I get a message saying file too big for virus scan. I hit download anyways and the page just reloads without starting download. Thanks in advance

Nevermind i was able to get the download to work. After i flash the stock rom I'm going to try to install the update. I'll post my results soon after.
    Last edited by kvnr33d; 10-17-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Ota update doesn't work because Odin detects modifications. I'm digging for a workaround for the time being

Customer Since

Which one of the files will i use in ODIN? .tar file right? but is that in the pda section?

NVM I was sucessful flashing the stock rom but im still stuck at the logo screen then just a blank screen with the backlight on? HELP how do i fix this?
    Last edited by alwayswinning; 12-11-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayswinning View Post
    Which one of the files will i use in ODIN? .tar file right? but is that in the pda section?

NVM I was sucessful flashing the stock rom but im still stuck at the logo screen then just a blank screen with the backlight on? HELP how do i fix this?
    Try downloading the file again.

factory reset the phone (if you are able to get into the recovery program)

In the Odin program make sure you leave the boxes that are checked and unchecked at the default settings.

What version of Odin are you flashing with?

Sometimes you just need to let it boot and wait.

If it hangs on boot for 20 minutes or so...pull the battery and let it cold boot.

Customer Since
    March2007

I am having a problem flashing my phone back to the stock rom. I am using twrp to attempt the flash. I started off by doing a wipe and a factory data reset. After that I chose the image zip to flash and after preforming the flash it says that it is succesful but nothing is ever flashed. The flashing process itself is pretty much instant, that was how i knew nothing had changed. After doing a reboot i can see that the wipe and data reset are sucessful but the stock rom is not flashed. I still end up with my debloated stock rom. If anyone has any ideas for me i'd like to say thanks in advance

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by kvnr33d View Post
    I am having a problem flashing my phone back to the stock rom. I am using twrp to attempt the flash. I started off by doing a wipe and a factory data reset. After that I chose the image zip to flash and after preforming the flash it says that it is succesful but nothing is ever flashed. The flashing process itself is pretty much instant, that was how i knew nothing had changed. After doing a reboot i can see that the wipe and data reset are sucessful but the stock rom is not flashed. I still end up with my debloated stock rom. If anyone has any ideas for me i'd like to say thanks in advance
    re-download and try cwm? or stock recovery?
    Last edited by indica; 01-14-2014 at 02:08 PM. Reason: didn't read the thread

Customer Since
    March2007

Thanks for the advice. I went back to using cwm and i was able to flash the stock rom. Whatever the issue i was having must have been due to twrp.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Quote Originally Posted by kvnr33d View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I went back to using cwm and i was able to flash the stock rom. Whatever the issue i was having must have been due to twrp.
    I ran into the same problem. Finally figured out that I needed CWM recovery after looking at the TWRP recovery files and there extensions.

Can you post the hardware version on your phone??? It should be either MI4 or MG1 it's the last 3 digits of the BASEBAND VERSION listed in "ABOUT PHONE"

i flashed this stock rom and for some reason my wifi will not even turn on anymore, same goes for my bluetooth and my portable wifi hotspot any ideas as to why this would happen???

Quote Originally Posted by mmilius87 View Post
    i flashed this stock rom and for some reason my wifi will not even turn on anymore, same goes for my bluetooth and my portable wifi hotspot any ideas as to why this would happen???
    This is because you have a second generation of the hardware. I'll post the proper ROM for you later today or tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

if you could post the proper rom for me asap i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone

hey can you please help me to my wifi and Bluetooth dosent work

Overall activity: 11.0%

Here is the stock ROM I created with CWM Recovery for the second generation Admire 2 referred to earlier in this thread:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...it?usp=sharing

I can't seem to make use of it to restore my phone now that I have apparently bricked it. I'm not sure if I made some sort of error in creating this image or if it's because I couldn't get CWM recovery to boot and had to try installing it with TWRP, which didn't seem to help.

I'm posting the link here in the hopes that someone can make use of it. If anyone has any luck with it or figures out why it's no good, please post an explanation in this thread because I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT:

Okay, I looked into it and it appears that the problem is that CWM back ups are incompatible with TWRP. So, my big problem is that I have a backup for a recovery that refuses to boot on my phone. That means I either need to find a way to make it boot (I've been trying for a couple days now) or hope somebody out there who has a second generation Admire 2 (easiest way to tell is that 2nd gen has a white on blue muve music icon rather than the original blue on white) and is willing to install the above rom onto it with clockwork mod, flash it to twrp recovery and upload a new rom that I can use on my phone.

Not likely at this late date I guess but I thought I'd put that out there.

Last edited by Action Jeans; 06-23-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: New information

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information