Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Missing Google Navigation App

Hey Folks. I just purchased a Galaxy Discover for my wife, which she is somewhat pleased with. However, I noticed that while going through the screens that the Google Navigation app is missing. . It's not accessable through the Google Play Store either. It appears as though CricKet wants to force you to use their native app, to which we neither have any experience nor interest in using.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, has anyone had any success in adding the app via sideloading? I have experience rooting several android phones and have had to recover a Samsung Epic 4G from several soft-bricks. I planned on rooting just for the heck of it, and I may try to side load if I can find the apk.

Any feedback will be helpful as I'm sure she will be ready to use her favorite Nav app soon.

Thanks,

2. Remove this advertisement.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikRow View Post
    It appears as though CricKet wants to force you to use their native app, to which we neither have any experience nor interest in using.
    It actually has nothing to do with Cricket. Google has integrated the navigation app into Google Maps. Just open google maps and put in your destination, then navigate.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

thanks for posting. i get this twice a day! just like when google apps market changed it's name to google play

Quote Originally Posted by mstar View Post
    It actually has nothing to do with Cricket. Google has integrated the navigation app into Google Maps. Just open google maps and put in your destination, then navigate.
    Yeah, I figured that out once I walked through the Maps app. Just so used to seeing that little Blue arrow. Nevermind.

Thread Information