Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thumbs up [VIDEO] Root Tutorial Cricket Wireless ZTE Source

This is the root tutorial for the ZTE Source. I was able to pick one up during their $79.99 promotion. The video above is the FULL TUTORIAL. It will lead you step by step. I have left some notes below as well.

Works on Android 4.1.2 ZTE Source.

Downloads:

Rootmaster - attached to this post <see bottom>.

Driver Installation

The drivers for this device are located on the actual device.

Go to settings > developer options > enable > click ok to allow development settings > check USB debugging to enable > click ok to allow USB debugging.

Plug the device in for the first time. Check your notification bar for the connected as listing for the USB. Click it and select install driver.

In Windows Explorer you should see a new drive labeled USB_Driver. Click it and it should initiate the auto run. If needed, go into the Windows folder of this drive and click autorun or into the installer and click setup.exe.

Once the drivers are installed, you may need to unplug and replug in the USB cable. Check your device manager on your PC to see if it is recognized.

Software Installation

Install Rootmaster. Go ahead and run it. Follow the steps in the video. Pretty simple.

Device

Once your device reboots, you can disconnect the USB cable. You are now rooted. Download a program and verify it works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zte-source.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 01-04-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

thank you!!
    so what should i do now that im rooted?? or what can i do on this phone?
    111!!!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

There aren't too many things like full ROMs and such, but you have the ability to backup the device, freeze apps, etc (Titanium Backup).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    There aren't too many things like full ROMs and such, but you have the ability to backup the device, freeze apps, etc (Titanium Backup).
    oh well i think i saw a video of this phone somewhere. was rooted and screen lock was custom i think. well i hope i did a good buy. my mercury died on me. had it for years.

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    Thanks for showing us how to root simply. After i rooted, when i download apps i get a notification in Chinese...is that normal...how can i change this

Quote Originally Posted by prettylilmess View Post
    Thanks for showing us how to root simply. After i rooted, when i download apps i get a notification in Chinese...is that normal...how can i change this
    You can delete the rootmaster application once you've completed rooting your phone. This will stop the Chinese notifications, and your phone will stay rooted.

edit: Oh, I see what you mean. Open Task Manager, go to the Apps tab, scroll down to Superuser (the Chinese one should look like a shield with a gear in the middle of it), tap it and either disable it or uncheck "Show notifications."

edit: hmm
    Last edited by zelos; 03-01-2014 at 01:17 AM.

Customer Since
    Sept 2013

Nowadays it can be seen that there is a wide spread of cell phones especially smart phone.We have to admit that the mobile phone make our modern life better and more convenient.However the cell phone sometimes cause new problems and breaks up people's peaceful life.To create a quiet condition, the
    wireless signal blocker

can help a lot.

Customer Since
    Sep 2011

Hello Friends,
    Does anyone know if this root will allow me to use ALL the smartphone features including mobile hotspot on the $45 rate plan?? Before my Samsung Epic died, I was able to get the main features(talk/text/internet) using this root:
    http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...sible-mms.html

I called cricket to activate my new ZTE Source and ofcourse they said I "cannot" without upgrading to one of their smart phone plans. But before I do that I wanted to check and see if this root will take care of business?

Thanks in advance

Phone
    ZTE Source rooted

Thumbs up

Well well well long tie since ive been here! i have my ZTE source rooted and im trying to figure out which unimportant apps to get rid of to get some space back

the very first time i used titanium a Long time ago i made the mistake of deleting my keyboard swype function outta the phones system and i couldn't do anything with out it until i found a stock rom that was backup when i used the Huawei ascend II
    Last edited by Phoenix602; 04-26-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Customer Since

i followed the tutorial step by step and i cant seem to root it the app doesnt pop up on my phone an app called mtk camera just flashes on the screen then my phone restarts HELPPP!!!!

Overall activity: 34.0%

having issues with process

im having issues after the program starts rooting, while its in the process my phone just shuts off. what do i do?

Thread Information