Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Nov 2014

Just bought the LTE phone...

And I'm having serious issues with switching from an iphone... iPhone wouldn't recognize it via bluetooth and I don't use I cloud, so now I'm having trouble transferring my contacts... any suggestions on a good, easy way to get that done?

Also, why are there so few personalization options; I can't even add extra quick settings panels :-( Why did Motorola neuter the KitKat experience? Or am I just crazy here, this is my first android phone after all. I'm just feeling frustrated with the situation and I'm thinking about just using my old iphone 4s... but I love the speed of the budget phone, and the look, and the bigger screen lol.

It all really chaps my butt that you can't unlock it and root it, although a Cricket rep told me after 6 months they'd unlock the phone... but who knows if that's true or not.

How do you all feel about the customization ability of this model? And what would you do about it; this is the only phone really in my price range that I think I'd enjoy but man I'm feeling grumpy trying to make the iPhone switcharoo... I personally think I'll be happier after I'm acclimated but I'm just feeling a little discouraged right now.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    Oct 2014

My brother just ordered one.
    He may not be too happy without an unlocked bootloader.
    Moto G is a good phone though.
    I have the Motorola version XT1034 3G as my oops phone.
    Last edited by slamor; 11-23-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by gregorcarbine View Post
    And I'm having serious issues with switching from an iphone... iPhone wouldn't recognize it via bluetooth and I don't use I cloud, so now I'm having trouble transferring my contacts... any suggestions on a good, easy way to get that done?

Also, why are there so few personalization options; I can't even add extra quick settings panels :-( Why did Motorola neuter the KitKat experience? Or am I just crazy here, this is my first android phone after all. I'm just feeling frustrated with the situation and I'm thinking about just using my old iphone 4s... but I love the speed of the budget phone, and the look, and the bigger screen lol.

It all really chaps my butt that you can't unlock it and root it, although a Cricket rep told me after 6 months they'd unlock the phone... but who knows if that's true or not.

How do you all feel about the customization ability of this model? And what would you do about it; this is the only phone really in my price range that I think I'd enjoy but man I'm feeling grumpy trying to make the iPhone switcharoo... I personally think I'll be happier after I'm acclimated but I'm just feeling a little discouraged right now.
    This is a somewhat old post by now, but I think you're extremely confused about the Android experience. The Moto G runs basically stock Android 4.4, so Motorola didn't "neuter" anything. They didn't add the flashy bells and whistles that you get on a lot of the custom ROMs from the other manufacturers. Some of those features are great/useful, but they also slow the phone down... and many of those features are completely useless to the majority of their users. You can install apps that will do things like add customized toggles to the shade (e.g., Power Toggles) or customize your notifications. After being a Samsung/TouchWiz user for several years, I much prefer being able to pick and choose which features matter to me and love my Moto G.

You also appear to be confused by the term "unlocked." There is a difference between Cricket giving you an unlock code and obtaining an unlocked bootloader. The former means that you would be able to take your phone to other carriers. It's a company policy, and you shouldn't have much trouble obtaining an unlock code (other than Cricket customer service having a reputation as being incredibly frustrating).

As for the unlocked bootloader, that is the first step towards rooting your phone, obtaining superuser status, and being able to install custom ROMs. Many devices running Android 4.4 cannot be unlocked... Moto G is not particularly unique in this regard.

I can't help you with the sync between your Iphone and Moto G b/c I don't use Iphones, but there are many, many websites with guides on switching from an Iphone to Android (and vice versa). I believe Google even has a guide. I hope you've solved that problem by now anyway.

The Moto G is a great, fast budget phone. I hope you're enjoying it by now.
    A

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Moto G can be rooted now. Its posted here somewhere.

Thread Information