Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Question Moto G- Any MMS I send shows up with a day earlier date for the receiver?

I've had a few friends tell me anytime I send them an MMS it shows up with the wrong date & time on their side, would this have something to do with the GSM network or a setting on my phone? I never had this problem with Cricket before but this is my first GSM phone with them.

I checked the time zone / date settings on my phone and they're showing the correct date & time zone. (everything set on Automatic).

For example if I sent a picture at 2PM 8/23/14 (today) it shows up for the other person right away but the time stamp would show 8/22/14 11AM, so there's a 21 hour discrepancy.

It only happens with MMS, If I send a regular text the time stamp is fine but thats where the confusion comes in, the other persons phone sorts texts by date so my MMS end up getting lost (moved up the list) from my normal texts.

Any ideas appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Maybe they shouldnt sort them by date if they have that option. Try another mms app like chomp and see if its does the same thing.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Maybe they shouldnt sort them by date if they have that option. Try another mms app like chomp and see if its does the same thing.
    I might try another message app but I don't think telling everyone to change settings is a viable option (currently using stock msg app), hopefully cricket eventually notices the error, my nephew is on the cricket CDMA network and when I send him mms the same symptoms occur but if he sends me mms the timestamp is fine.
    Last edited by Mathesar; 09-02-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Nov 1st

Exact same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mathesar View Post
    I might try another message app but I don't think telling everyone to change settings is a viable option (currently using stock msg app), hopefully cricket eventually notices the error, my nephew is on the cricket CDMA network and when I send him mms the same symptoms occur but if he sends me mms the timestamp is fine.
    Same problem here. I have two moto G's and an iphone 5. They can picture message each other find but when any of them send to a non-cricket phone, the timestamp shows a -21 hour difference. It doesn't instill confidence that you posted this in Aug and it hasn't been fixed.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker5 View Post
    Same problem here. I have two moto G's and an iphone 5. They can picture message each other find but when any of them send to a non-cricket phone, the timestamp shows a -21 hour difference. It doesn't instill confidence that you posted this in Aug and it hasn't been fixed.
    Ya kind of sad the problem still exists and calling Cricket multiple times about it didn't help.

For now I've resorted to downloading an app called Imgur from the playstore. I'll upload pics using the Upload images / Device option in the app, then share the links to people I want to send them to.

a bit of a hassle but the timestamp is correct and the receiver sees better quality photos since standard MMS pic quality is compressed a lot, Imgur compresses photos too but not nearly as bad.

Thread Information