Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First timer here

Hi I am from MI. I was interested in knowing which is the best PRL to download on my Xperia?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'd probably use a hybrid PRL. I always favor those. If you need to setup call forwarding or use any other system codes though, you will have to revert to the latest PRL available. We've posted many on our official PRL thread.

Welcome to the forum also.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Welcome!!

Thanks guys! I only have one question lol. I know this can't be that easy to setup. I have installed PRL 45713HybridMyCricketForum.prl and when I phone *228 I get the recording saying

"The number or code you dial is incorrect, please try again"

Does that mean I need to keep loading PRLS until I get the "Welcome to Cricket" message?

I know when the phone is active then I call cricket and give them my pESN Hex and pESN Dec numbers

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyisland View Post
    Thanks guys! I only have one question lol. I know this can't be that easy to setup. I have installed PRL 45713HybridMyCricketForum.prl and when I phone *228 I get the recording saying

"The number or code you dial is incorrect, please try again"

Does that mean I need to keep loading PRLS until I get the "Welcome to Cricket" message?

I know when the phone is active then I call cricket and give them my pESN Hex and pESN Dec numbers
    *228 is not recommended on flashed phones.

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    *228 is not recommended on flashed phones.
    Is there any other way to find out if a phone is truly flashed over to cricket without hitting the *228 code?
    I don't live near any Cricket stores that offer flashing or activation. Everything around me only sell the phone cards...

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Try dialing 611, you should get cricket if the flash was done correctly.

I keep getting that none activated phone message. I had call cricket hotline and they say they can activate my phone for $55 if it is flashed lol. But I don't want to give them $55 and find out it is not actually flashed.

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Well if it is a cricket message, I think it is safe to assume the flash was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by gregcapps View Post
    Well if it is a cricket message, I think it is safe to assume the flash was successful.
    see that is the thing, there is no mention of cricket wireless in the message. It just says message 13 and something about switches...

Phone
    Rooted Optimus C

Ah...ok. Did you do the flash yourself or did you pay someone. If you paid for it, there should be some sort of guarantee.

Oh I done it myself. Nobody to do it in this area.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh allllll riiiiighhhhhttttttyyyyyy then...

Confucius say man who use hybrid PRL cannot use Cricket network codes.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

This some great information from the tutorials and reading from the site and from the pros! I have an xperia play and I was wondering what is the cheapest plan I can get? The guy on the phone wants to give me the $55/month everything plan and I read somewhere that if I switch plans I would be charge $15! However, I am not a big talker and the only thing I would use the net for is gmail, instant message, and I don't even care for youtube. I go to the cricket site and I see a $25 plan with 300 minutes and another for $35 with 1000 minutes. Now I am confused! Then I saw somewhere that a person should not pay the $55 but pay only the $45/month for the same unlimited service...

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyisland View Post
    This some great information from the tutorials and reading from the site and from the pros! I have an xperia play and I was wondering what is the cheapest plan I can get? The guy on the phone wants to give me the $55/month everything plan and I read somewhere that if I switch plans I would be charge $15! However, I am not a big talker and the only thing I would use the net for is gmail, instant message, and I don't even care for youtube. I go to the cricket site and I see a $25 plan with 300 minutes and another for $35 with 1000 minutes. Now I am confused! Then I saw somewhere that a person should not pay the $55 but pay only the $45/month for the same unlimited service...
    The Android plan is $55/month, but there are ways to get on the $45/month plan.

The $25 and $35 plans you're seeing are for the new nationwide service. Make sure you've typed in your zip code. If your correct zip code is in, and those plans are coming up, that means Cricket just came to your area. In that case, you really shouldn't be using flashed phones, since there is only one phone available, and it's not an Android. There should be Android plans coming soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information