Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks, I don't think cricket is the right choice for me. Thank you everyone for so much help

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyisland View Post
    Thanks, I don't think cricket is the right choice for me. Thank you everyone for so much help
    Make sure you check back from time to time because an Android plan might come out that fits your needs.

I will be back at a later time. It is weird because I checked the coverage map on cricket's home page and it shows that I have cricket in my area. In fact it is throughout my entire area. Now when I called to activate a new account and add my phone, I was told twice by two different reps that there is no service in my area. I also gave the zip code to the area about 5 miles which is shown in the coverage area and both ladies told me that cricket is not in my area.

That really sucks because the cricket cards are sold in about 10 stores less than a mile around me.

I will be back at a later time. It is weird because I checked the coverage map on cricket's home page and it shows that I have cricket in my area. In fact it is throughout my entire area. Now when I called to activate a new account and add my phone, I was told twice by two different reps that there is no service in my area. I also gave the zip code to the area about 5 miles which is shown in the coverage area and both ladies told me that cricket is not in my area.

That really sucks because the cricket cards are sold in about 10 stores less than a mile around me.
    What is your zip code?

49441 or 49444 Thanks for checking into it!

49441 or 49444 Thanks for checking into it!
    Well, you can definitely order service online. It's possible that it's not available over the phone yet and that their systems aren't updated so that's why they're saying it's not available. Please keep in mind only one phone is available and there are only two plans. Here is some more information: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...rvice-faq.html

If you have any more questions just ask.

This is great information! Both ladies said I could use the $25 or $35 plan, I think I will give it a chance. I hardly make any phone calls at all. And they letting me use my phone. Hopefully it goes through this time.

This is great information! Both ladies said I could use the $25 or $35 plan, I think I will give it a chance. I hardly make any phone calls at all. And they letting me use my phone. Hopefully it goes through this time.
    Please come back and let us know how it goes!

Okay got better news lol. September the 13th cricket will be available in my area due to a new world wide plan opening up. I can't register now until September 13th this month. So now I am happy. Just a few more days! Thanks Avenue and everyone else!

Okay got better news lol. September the 13th cricket will be available in my area due to a new world wide plan opening up. I can't register now until September 13th this month. So now I am happy. Just a few more days! Thanks Avenue and everyone else!
    It won't let you order online now? It looks like it's available now. Are you referring to Android plans being available on September 13th? That may be true, I haven't heard anything yet though.

It looks like i can order online if I order that ugly phone lol. Can't order a plan and put on a non-cricket phone via web though

It looks like i can order online if I order that ugly phone lol. Can't order a plan and put on a non-cricket phone via web though
    They said they will let you use any phone you want after September 13th though?

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    They said they will let you use any phone you want after September 13th though?
    Update: I was told my phone was not compatible with cricket wireless lol. And once again after 5 attempts I was recommended to go to a cricket store. It was the computer system that refused to allow me to become a member. Me taking that 5 hour + trip to a store in Chicago or Ohio is not worth it. Thanks again for so much help!

Update: I was told my phone was not compatible with cricket wireless lol. And once again after 5 attempts I was recommended to go to a cricket store. It was the computer system that refused to allow me to become a member. Me taking that 5 hour + trip to a store in Chicago or Ohio is not worth it. Thanks again for so much help!
    If I were you I'd just check back from time to time to see if more phones become available. I wouldn't count on using a flashed phone, but I really do think there will be Android devices available in your area soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information