Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Hello from Dayton, Ohio

Greetings And Hello. Name is Andy Brown. Using a Rooted, CyanogenMod 7 Huawei ascend phone, But am always looking for an Upgrade. Hope to get a Fully Flashed Droid X, Incredible or a Droid 2 somewhere down the Road. Came over from Page Plus where I was a customer for about 3 years. got tired of trying to ration my 100 MB of Data I got per month on an Android Phone. I Must say though, being able to bring any device and not have to flash it was an awesome thing. Anyways, Glad to be here and Glad to get the Inside scoop on all goins on with Cricket!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Welcome to Cricket Users!

I actually just asked you if you've made any modifications. Now, I see that you have. I don't know how you got by with 100 MB of data. I've used that in minutes before. With Cricket there is a soft cap at 1 GB, but you will continue to get data without overages, it just slows down.

Have fun with your Huawei Ascend!

Thanks alot! Yeah, It was tricky buy Wifi was my friend. I used An Eris, a Droid 1, a Droid 2 and a Samsung Omnia 2 while I was on PP. Loved the service and the coverage, but the data cap sucked. Ive never went over a Gig since Ive been with Cricket. Does it just slow ya down to like 1x speeds after you go over a gig? And Yeah, The Ascend, IMHO, Is basically Unusable unless its modded. Very Laggy and Limited in what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Andman433 View Post
    Thanks alot! Yeah, It was tricky buy Wifi was my friend. I used An Eris, a Droid 1, a Droid 2 and a Samsung Omnia 2 while I was on PP. Loved the service and the coverage, but the data cap sucked. Ive never went over a Gig since Ive been with Cricket. Does it just slow ya down to like 1x speeds after you go over a gig? And Yeah, The Ascend, IMHO, Is basically Unusable unless its modded. Very Laggy and Limited in what it can do.
    Yeah, after 1 GB you will be slowed down to around 100 kbps.

From what I've read, Huawei did a pretty bad job setting up the Ascend. There were a lot of lines of code that weren't needed. It looks like they did better with the Huawei Ascend 2.

Does your WiFi and Bluetooth work on your phone? I'm running an older build. I guess it's time to update.

Yes my Wifi and Bluetooth both work flawlessly. The Absolute only thing Ive noticed kinda weird about it is If I go over my standard 140 characters on a regular text message and it converts it to a multimedia message, all the recepiant gets is a bunch of garbled letters and characters. Weird. Other than that, its flawless. If you'd Like, PM me and Id be happy to send ya the Build .zip file. Lemmie know. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andman433 View Post
    Yes my Wifi and Bluetooth both work flawlessly. The Absolute only thing Ive noticed kinda weird about it is If I go over my standard 140 characters on a regular text message and it converts it to a multimedia message, all the recepiant gets is a bunch of garbled letters and characters. Weird. Other than that, its flawless. If you'd Like, PM me and Id be happy to send ya the Build .zip file. Lemmie know. Thanks!!!
    That has happened to me too! If I type a lot they start saying they can't understand me.

Thread Information