Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    June 2009

Hello Everybody!

Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have been doing a lot of research on trying to make my Droid X work on cricket. I would really like to learn more about flashing and rooting and what not. Any advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Las Vegas, NV which is a tri-band area, and I've read that I shouldn't flash a dual-band phone because Ill be roaming 100% on sprint and what not. If Cricket terminates my service, then I'll live...

My System Version is .605 and Android Version in 2.3.3 and I have just factory reset my phone and SD Card.

I would like to keep this process as simple as possible. My only goal is to make talk and text work. I would like 3G and MMS to work but its not a necessity.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on the path of least resistance, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not afraid to spend some money to get this done. I tried to take my phone to some shops in Vegas, but I've been told they wont touch my phone because it is now illegal in the state of Nevada to flash phones.

If anyone can remotely flash my phone or teach me how, I would really appreciate it, and I would be more than happy to pay the person that helps me.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to hearing from anyone!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    June 2009

Well I have an update. I did a lot of research, and I think I have my phone nearly fully flashed. The problem now, is that when I called cricket to change my ESN/MEID, they recognized my phone as not eligible because it is not a tri-band phone, and I live in a tri-band area. I do have 3G internet working, and my prl change caused me to reach American Roaming Network, and not Cricket. I tried a couple different prls.

I am wondering if it is even possible to change my current service over to my droid x? or would it be possible to buy new cricket service on that phone in a dual band area, and use it here in the tri-band area, on the sprint roaming network. Or are there any tricks to use my functioning 3G internet to text message, or make phone calls?

I would still appreciate any help, and thank you all for the great threads already that got me this far.

Thread Information