Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4g

Hello from Houston, Texas - EVO 4G user here...

Hello all!!

I just bought a new SPRINT EVO 4g. I have a current sprint account (contract expired long ago) that I will be closing as soon as I can port my number over to Cricket. I stopped in at the Cricket store today and asked how to best go about making the switch. The associate was not very helpful. He said they have to flash my phone so they can assign it an ESN. I asked if I could get an account without a phone and he said no. He also said that my EVO would not work outside of Houston because Cricket uses TriBand. He also said I had to get the $55 plan for any android device.

I watched the tutorial on flashing the EVO over and It does not seem too difficult. The part I don't understand is how do I do this without a Cricket Account? Are there any Houston users that could help me out or point me to a descent shop where I can get the $45 plan and possibly get the phone flashed while I wait?

Thanks in advance!
    -Greg

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4g

A little searching and it seems I have to buy a cheap Cricket phone to get started with an account on the $45 plan. Is this my only option? Any local help here in Houston?

Thanks,
    -Greg

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not the "flashed phones" expert here, so hopefully somebody can reply with some additional information to help you out.

Phone
    Galaxy 2

I would the prl portion of the instructions and place a cricket prl on the phone so that it communicates with cricket instead of sprint and all a cricket rep needs to do is scan the phone and place it on the account as a flashed device.

Also tell them you want the $45 plan

After you create an account then do the full flash and you should be golden. Hope that helps

Thread Information