Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: hello im new

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

hello im new

im new but i was so busy checking other stuff out here that i overlooked this untill i just noticed it now.

my name is Brian and jusy over a year ago I injured my right arm and hand (1 surgery down and 3 to go) Doctors orders are no work for another 1.5 years and even then no idea what ill be able to do because i probably still will only have partial use of my hand.
    I tried like crazy aginst the doc orders to get a job nobody wants a highschool dropout with only one good hand.
    So now I have been spending the last year flashing phones to cricket in order to stay alive. (goverment is no help)

but i found this forum while looking for prl files and found the hybrid one here and was hooked

Oh and the phone i use (has kinda became my specilty) the moto droid A855
    im running gingerbread 2.3.4 full flashed everything works
    and im running on the paygo $1 day plan

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome. I started the forum, and there's a big story behind that also. I was kind of desperate when I joined Cricket, but it's actually done me a world of good. If you have any questions ever, please feel free to ask...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Welcome. I started the forum, and there's a big story behind that also. I was kind of desperate when I joined Cricket, but it's actually done me a world of good. If you have any questions ever, please feel free to ask...
    thanks,
    my life is perty much in ruins at this point. cant work, have to sell my moped and car because i cant afford them, my girl broke things off after almost 3 years, im having to get rid of my pets because i cant afford to buy them food and such (i normaly only eat once a day myself) and to top it off i have to figure out how im going to move in about 6 months because i wont be able to afford to stay where im at.
    i spend most of my time head deep in phones, computers and when i get a chance cars because im able to zone into them realy well for the most part and kinda forget about some of the bad stuff for the most part at least for a little while anyway.

oh incase anybody is wondering i put my arm through a 1/4" thick piece of tempered glass and cut my main artery, destroyed 2 of the 3 main nerve centers and basicly filleted the muscles on the underside of my forearm. im lucky to be alive (thats all im willing to share about the injury oh and drugs and alcohol were not involved)

thanks again im glad to be here and i hope my being here will help others.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I was doing some computer work in addition to this also. The fall of me was due to something entirely different though. My ex wife... If you ever need someone to chat with for S&G, I can be reached mainly @ Yahoo and AOL (to the left of this message).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I was doing some computer work in addition to this also. The fall of me was due to something entirely different though. My ex wife... If you ever need someone to chat with for S&G, I can be reached mainly @ Yahoo and AOL (to the left of this message).
    thanks i might have to get y messenger again i dont have many friends left anymore

Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
    thanks i appreciate it

on a side note I'm going nuts looking for a s20pin usb cable (need to flash my samsung instinct as a backup or maybe sell it if thinks keep going the way they are) i haven't been able to find one in town and i have no way to order from the net anymore (bank shut my account down for 0 balance and inactivity)
    also looking for a good oem or extended life battery for my droid i can go about 4 hours with no use other than powered on and its dead (did about the same nomatter what rom or cpu clock speed) lol i spend almost my entire day tethered to the wall or computer
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 06-26-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    thanks i appreciate it

on a side note I'm going nuts looking for a s20pin usb cable (need to flash my samsung instinct as a backup or maybe sell it if thinks keep going the way they are) i haven't been able to find one in town and i have no way to order from the net anymore (bank shut my account down for 0 balance and inactivity)
    also looking for a good oem or extended life battery for my droid i can go about 4 hours with no use other than powered on and its dead (did about the same nomatter what rom or cpu clock speed) lol i spend almost my entire day tethered to the wall or computer
    Have you tried Droid Overclock with that device? I know it works for the X and 2 off the top of my head. I've lowered my voltage settings quite a bit to extended the life. I could use one of those cables too actually. I have a Casio Gzmode laying around or however you spell it.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Have you tried Droid Overclock with that device? I know it works for the X and 2 off the top of my head. I've lowered my voltage settings quite a bit to extended the life. I could use one of those cables too actually. I have a Casio Gzmode laying around or however you spell it.
    i havnt tried droid overclock ill look into it. i have tried 4 other cpu tools with no luck and around 15 different kernels the best i got was an extra 30 minutes standby so in the end i went with low volt 1.1ghz kernal. i got this droid from a old friend of mine that was on it 14 - 16 hours a day 6 days a week for work the battery has been through a lot of abuse.
    do you mean Casio G'zOne i have one of those in front of me and that is definatly not an s20pin connector; it uses a DPA-CP2 cconnector i dont have one of those either sry

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    i havnt tried droid overclock ill look into it. i have tried 4 other cpu tools with no luck and around 15 different kernels the best i got was an extra 30 minutes standby so in the end i went with low volt 1.1ghz kernal. i got this droid from a old friend of mine that was on it 14 - 16 hours a day 6 days a week for work the battery has been through a lot of abuse.
    do you mean Casio G'zOne i have one of those in front of me and that is definatly not an s20pin connector; it uses a DPA-CP2 cconnector i dont have one of those either sry
    Ahhh for the D2 I set the voltages much lower than even the presets. Thanks for the knowledge. I'll probably never flash it though.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I'll probably never flash it though.
    lol that was my thought idk why i still have it around.
    oh is there any way to bring a bricked lg dare back to life? it wont even go to emergency mode

Thread Information