Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hi i dont like cricket or the insurance company theynuse

so my charging port on my phone broke now the insurance company cricket uses wants me to pay $85.00 to replace the phone. on top of the $5.00 a month i pay rip off. that is why i think i need a new phone my name is julian.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

Welcome to the forum, Julian. I know what you mean about the phone insurance plan. I got rid of mine too. It's cheaper to just buy a used phone on eBay and flash it over to Cricket. I wish I knew about this stuff before I bought a $200 dollar phone that had to be replaced three times.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

The insurance is definitely worth it to keep for the first few months or longer. Some customers break their phone the same month they get it. I'm sure we all can agree $85 is a lot better than $150 + tax + esn change fee. Especially when you just broke your brand new phone.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

First few months seems like a good idea especially if you are accident prone. I've never liked insurance programs much anyways. After people started committing so much insurance fraud, they hiked their prices up.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    The insurance is definitely worth it to keep for the first few months or longer. Some customers break their phone the same month they get it. I'm sure we all can agree $85 is a lot better than $150 + tax + esn change fee. Especially when you just broke your brand new phone.
    I have never payed for an ESN change with Cricket. They always try to charge me 15 bucks, I call BS on them, and they magically find a way to "waive the fee this one time."

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Well they also started making the ESN's from "lost" and "stolen" devices bad. I have seen a customer attempt to activate a device she had done an insurance claim on.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dsanders77 View Post
    I have never payed for an ESN change with Cricket. They always try to charge me 15 bucks, I call BS on them, and they magically find a way to "waive the fee this one time."
    Wow dude, way to support the local economy. Do you think authorized dealers make a killing? 'Cuz they sure don't.

I bet you don't tip waiters either, right?

If they waived it as a favour to you, because you were being a jerk about it, good for you.. They just want you to be a return customer and be happy with them. I guess it didn't work, since you feel entitled to free service.

Welcome to My Cricket Forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Well they also started making the ESN's from "lost" and "stolen" devices bad. I have seen a customer attempt to activate a device she had done an insurance claim on.
    Phones that have a claim filed on them have always been flagged as such and cannot be reactivated. Technically they are the property of the insurance company once a claim has been filed.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Phones that have a claim filed on them have always been flagged as such and cannot be reactivated. Technically they are the property of the insurance company once a claim has been filed.
    LOL, if the device was "lost" or "stolen" why would the person that filed the claim be trying to activate it, 154-4bdu114h?

It's wrong to report a device lost or stolen if it really wasn't..

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Julian 'juju' Villalobos View Post
    so my charging port on my phone broke now the insurance company cricket uses wants me to pay $85.00 to replace the phone. on top of the $5.00 a month i pay rip off. that is why i think i need a new phone my name is julian.
    Welcome to the forum Julian.
    If you feel the insurance is a ripoff then don't get it. The next bit is not directed at you. Just general statements.

I am amazed by the number of customers who complain about the deductible. I guess Cricket should just hand you a phone for free because you didnt take care of it. Sorry but people just amaze me with their sense of entitlement. Cricket and it's dealers are running a business. They are there to make a profit. Profit is not a dirty word.
    Car insurance works the same way. If you wreck your car do you complain to the dealer and try to get a free car. No you pay the deductible or buy a new car.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    LOL, if the device was "lost" or "stolen" why would the person that filed the claim be trying to activate it, 154-4bdu114h?

It's wrong to report a device lost or stolen if it really wasn't..
    Well it would be nice if people knew what wrong meant, but many dont.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Dsanders77 View Post
    Good thing you don't shop in my store.
    Of course maybe you are the guy who comes in and says "what can I get for free?" Love that guy. Told him, "Anything you want, I opened this store for you. Help yourself."
    He says, "Really?"
    I said, "Hell no! What are you stupid? You want free stuff go to your mom's house. It her job to give you stuff for free. I'm running a business to feed my family. Shape up or get out."
    He's now a pretty good customer and has referred some friends.

When you open a business D let us know so we can come get free stuff. You're gonna do that right?

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

I still think 85$ is a little steep. If your paying 5$ a month and you pay 85$ in 3 months you would have been better off just waiting for the sale as u can get the optimus c for a 100$ right now. at most 50$ should be more then fair. They are still making money off the phones and as well as the service. Some people are honest and don't break their phones on purpose every 6 months.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ok I'll bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by leethedeuce View Post
    I still think 85$ is a little steep. If your paying 5$ a month and you pay 85$ in 3 months you would have been better off just waiting for the sale as u can get the optimus c for a 100$ right now.
    The sale means nothing. Do you have advanced notice of the sales? No. Do people plan when they are going to lose or break a phone? No. In my market replacing an LG without the sale price (which is most of the time) is @232.29 with tax and esn change fee. Please explain how $85 is not better that $232.39? Even paying insurance for 1 full year is only $60 plus $85 deductible is still only $145. Still better that $232.39? Hell ya.
    at most 50$ should be more then fair.
    Fair? Cmon. Do you really think any business is run by people who's last step in making a price point is "Is this fair?"

They are still making money off the phones and as well as the service.
    Cricket doesn't make money off the phones. Dealers make pennies on them because Cricket set it up that way. As a company however they lose money on every handset sold. You can believe that or not but its a fact. Service is where they make money and it takes a few months before that happens.
    Some people are honest and don't break their phones on purpose every 6 months.
    True statement.
    Part of the reason the deductibles are what they are is so the customer will feel like it might be too expensive to file a claim too often. If they have skin in the game maybe they will take better care of their phones and only use insurance for when they really need it. It's not designed so you can get a new phone for free whenever you want.
    So tired of the "Well Cricket makes money so they should give me a free phone whenever " mentality. If Cricket sucks so bad, GO!

/rant. Sorry. Can you tell this topic gets to me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information