Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

sars101

Arrow i hate the way cricket stores are set up. hi im sars101 just venting

the first cricket store i went to long time ago was two cool random people alwasy nice and helped with changing my payment plan. helped my understand what the best plan was for me. i brought my cousin with me he need a phone from cricket too they helped him out too. he had more questions then me.

another cricket store we took my phone cause we was changing my plan once again. took along time for the people to help their was alot of people but the person who was helping needed help changing the phone. and other things. my mom was pissed off cause the hole taxing thing was alot. she though the plan was $35 but i have to pay more cause of taxes. then we had to pay more to switch the plans.

a week ago my phone got water in it and messed up the LCD screen. after many searches of finding the release date for the huawei ascend 3 (i thought it was 2 that was being released) i didnt find anything other then its coming out soon. from the internet.

i went to a cricket store near my house asked them when is the new huawei ascend was coming out he said "oh i dont now but we are selling the old huawei ascend for $119" then he said "he is out of stock but will be getting new ones tomarrow" then i asked him could he find out when the new one is coming out. he said " he gets a 30 day advence email notice when they are getting new phones. so i asked him can he check the other stores to see if they got the old one (so i didnt have to wait another dy to have a phone) he said " we arnt connected that way we just sell the smae phone but no connection with each other.( new cricket might be that way but still no help ) i said ok thanks. then while i was leaveing i asked him so i can keep the same plan he said no i had to upgrade. (didnt explain why i had to up grade) then told me $15 to change phones. (have to undertand i just want the phone i dont care about sending video or using internet as long as i can put music in the phone im fine.)

the next day during lunch went to another cricket store. asked the person simliar questions found out the huawei ascend 2 that i been looking for is the huawei ascend 3 she showed me the huawei ascend 2 and 1. and told me she doesn't now a new one was coming out. we was talking about other phones to buy other then huawei ascend.(she was alll out of the huawei ascend) i told her i was going to buy it from the other store since he said he would have them in tomarrow(to day).

so at the end of the week i found ugh i forgot his name but i now he will post here cause he makes alots of post and its says " super mod " in his profile.
    he was posting and said the new huawei ascend will be coming out in the begining of july. but wait the 2 last cricket stores said they didnt now anything about the release dates and here this "super mod" said its coming out in the begining of july i just asked the other stores in the same week.

when i find out the day it is released i will decide which store to go to the 1st store i liked the 3rd store who said he gets a 30 day notice on new phones or the 4th store who said she didn't now a new one was coming out. but showed me both old huawei ascend which the 3rd store didnt tell me. the first store is out of my way thats why i really dont want to go their

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome to the forum. I suggest that you ask us directly or look around in the forums for the answers. There's a big difference between authorized Cricket dealers and corporate Cricket dealers. Each one has their advantages and the quality of authorized dealers really depends on the people working their / the owner.

There is only an Ascend out at the moment. The 2 should be coming really soon. An article suggested it was going to be this week. Plan changes shouldn't cost you anything EXCEPT for the pro rated amount. They should charge you money just for the actual action of changing the plan. Changing over to a different phone does usually require a $15 esn change fee. We waive that for our supporting members.

-Chris
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by sars101 View Post
    the first cricket store i went to long time ago was two cool random people alwasy nice and helped with changing my payment plan. helped my understand what the best plan was for me. i brought my cousin with me he need a phone from cricket too they helped him out too. he had more questions then me.

That's great! There need to be more stores like that.

another cricket store we took my phone cause we was changing my plan once again. took along time for the people to help their was alot of people but the person who was helping needed help changing the phone. and other things. my mom was pissed off cause the hole taxing thing was alot. she though the plan was $35 but i have to pay more cause of taxes. then we had to pay more to switch the plans.

Well, it used to be that you would pay federal taxes and fees, which everyone pays, even on Sprint, Verizon, etc. In addition to that, there would be state and local taxes. Now, it's just state and local taxes. There aren't federal taxes and fees anymore.

a week ago my phone got water in it and messed up the LCD screen. after many searches of finding the release date for the huawei ascend 3 (i thought it was 2 that was being released) i didnt find anything other then its coming out soon. from the internet.

The Huawei Ascend 2 should be coming the first week of July.

i went to a cricket store near my house asked them when is the new huawei ascend was coming out he said "oh i dont now but we are selling the old huawei ascend for $119" then he said "he is out of stock but will be getting new ones tomarrow" then i asked him could he find out when the new one is coming out. he said " he gets a 30 day advence email notice when they are getting new phones. so i asked him can he check the other stores to see if they got the old one (so i didnt have to wait another dy to have a phone) he said " we arnt connected that way we just sell the smae phone but no connection with each other.( new cricket might be that way but still no help ) i said ok thanks. then while i was leaveing i asked him so i can keep the same plan he said no i had to upgrade. (didnt explain why i had to up grade) then told me $15 to change phones. (have to undertand i just want the phone i dont care about sending video or using internet as long as i can put music in the phone im fine.)

We can change your phone for you here. You can become a supporting member for $12.99, and then we can do it for you. Usually the stores don't know much. You can come on here if you ever want information before it comes out.

the next day during lunch went to another cricket store. asked the person simliar questions found out the huawei ascend 2 that i been looking for is the huawei ascend 3 she showed me the huawei ascend 2 and 1. and told me she doesn't now a new one was coming out. we was talking about other phones to buy other then huawei ascend.(she was alll out of the huawei ascend) i told her i was going to buy it from the other store since he said he would have them in tomarrow(to day).

I'm surprised they showed you the Huawei Ascend 2. I wouldn't think they would show it off until it's officially out.

so at the end of the week i found ugh i forgot his name but i now he will post here cause he makes alots of post and its says " super mod " in his profile.
    he was posting and said the new huawei ascend will be coming out in the begining of july. but wait the 2 last cricket stores said they didnt now anything about the release dates and here this "super mod" said its coming out in the begining of july i just asked the other stores in the same week.

I'm not sure who you're referring to. But, the Huawei Ascend 2 should be coming out in the first week of July.

when i find out the day it is released i will decide which store to go to the 1st store i liked the 3rd store who said he gets a 30 day notice on new phones or the 4th store who said she didn't now a new one was coming out. but showed me both old huawei ascend which the 3rd store didnt tell me. the first store is out of my way thats why i really dont want to go their

Remember, you can always purchase the device online with free overnight shipping.
    My responses are above in bold.

-Avenue

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    My responses are above in bold.

-Avenue
    Since it doesn't look like icarus is going to be coding for it I might just pick it up. I'm interested to see how far that processor can be pushed. Plus it reminds me of the magic when it first came out for some reason. These guys are pretty good though, so i'm sure they'll help you any way they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    Since it doesn't look like icarus is going to be coding for it I might just pick it up. I'm interested to see how far that processor can be pushed. Plus it reminds me of the magic when it first came out for some reason. These guys are pretty good though, so i'm sure they'll help you any way they can.
    Awesome !

sars101

ugh it deleted my post i hit previous button. o well. im going to look into being a payied member. inow about the charges my mom wanted to give them a hard time. the person who showed me the ascend 2 also showed me an ascend 1. the ascend she showed me wasnt the new one. i seen the reviews on the new one.

i hate the stupid tweets on the side of the screen

Supporting Member

ugh it deleted my post i hit previous button. o well. im going to look into being a payied member. inow about the charges my mom wanted to give them a hard time. the person who showed me the ascend 2 also showed me an ascend 1. the ascend she showed me wasnt the new one. i seen the reviews on the new one.

i hate the stupid tweets on the side of the screen
    Well...there are only two ascends until the glory comes out. ANd the second one isn't out yet. But just to tell you, i'm sure you can remove a twitter widget from the screen. It sounds like it's not an issue with cricket stores you just need someone to fully explain everything to you.
    And i'm now starting to understand what demographic my new user base will be..

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Actually I think he was referring to the "tweets" thing that runs across the left side of the screen. I'm actually going to remove that now.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

sars101

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    It sounds like it's not an issue with cricket stores you just need someone to fully explain everything to you.
    And i'm now starting to understand what demographic my new user base will be..
    what does that mean? i need to talk to someone else like a manger? what do you mean about "understanding what demographic my new user base will be..."

i my "tweets" on the side of the screen is gone i think someone hacked my account.

is everyone a "supermod" ?

if i buy the first ascend today and use it and the second ascend comes out in 3 days can i trade it in to get the new one? or something or would i have to talk with the cricket store?

what does that mean? i need to talk to someone else like a manger? what do you mean about "understanding what demographic my new user base will be..."

i my "tweets" on the side of the screen is gone i think someone hacked my account.

if i buy the first ascend today and use it and the second ascend comes out in 3 days can i trade it in to get the new one? or something or would i have to talk with the cricket store?
    You can ask a manager if you'd like. You can also ask your questions on here, of course.

Not everyone is a Super Moderator. It just happens that two of us replied in the same thread.

You can return a phone within 30 days as long as it has less than 30 minutes of talk time on it. I would HIGHLY recommend waiting so you don't take any chances.

sars101

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    You can ask a manager if you'd like. You can also ask your questions on here, of course.

You can return a phone within 30 days as long as it has less than 30 minutes of talk time on it. I would HIGHLY recommend waiting so you don't take any chances.
    ok question when is the new huawei ascend coming out? i need a month / day / year . you allready posted its coming out this this week in july so that means this year 2011. but the 3 cricket stores are saying they never heard anything about the huawei ascend other then the first one. someone is Bsing me around

ok question when is the new huawei ascend coming out? i need a month / day / year . you allready posted its coming out this this week in july so that means this year 2011. but the 3 cricket stores are saying they never heard anything about the huawei ascend other then the first one. someone is Bsing me around
    It really should be coming out soon, probably July 2011.

Supporting Member

I'm the developer for the optimus C. I'm planning on picking up the ascend 2/or glory as a my next project when it comes out.

It would be a little easier to understand that if I had a developer banner guys. Just sayin
    BTW avenue new release today. Hit me up on Gtalk on how you want me to do this.

I mentioned the demographic because I noticed more and more teenagers buying phones of this type and things just need to "work" so i'm going to need to be careful with my releases as the average age of users of smartphones is declining and set into a younger zone. No offense to you in the slightest. It's just a problem i've noticed with the C as well, anyone over 20 give me no issues and is rather polite about help. You were fine sars no worries.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Wow Thomas, I honestly didn't believe your response to this was going to be worded so well. I'm going to try and look into what you've worked on so far so I can change your banner.

@sars... No one here can give you an exact date because we don't work for Cricket. We just do a lot more research than others. I've asked me friend to update me when he is able to purchase Ascend 2s since he's an authorized dealer. It's not a fake, made up device. It's very much real.

Thread Information