Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Introducting..... ME :D

I'm Nate. I'll be entering the University of Oregon this Fall as a freshman. I sort of just stumbled upon this site and have absolutely loved every minute of it. I'm going to greatly contribute to the forums as much as I can (I'm about to get the new Huawei Ascend II and eventually the Huawei Glory in November).

I'm a professional (I guess one could call me 'upandcoming') photographer. I specialize in sports photography but I have shot a very wide range of events.

If curiousity gets the best of you, you can check out my portfolio (still in the process of updating it, but it's pretty stable for the most part) at
    http://www.natebarrettphotography.com

!

Hope to see you all around!

-Nate

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome... Photography rocks. Glad to have you on board. What do you shoot with?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Welcome!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Shooting with a Nikon D2H that I got given from a newspaper I worked as a photographer's assistant to. It's a bit old, but it works great for the most part! I'm looking at buying a D300 and get a grip to attach to it to speed up the frames per second. It's a bit expensive but it should benefit in the long run. The photographers at the University of Oregon's newspaper, the Daily Emerald, all shoot with Nikon gear so I'm going to stick with Nikon, that way if I do get the job I'll have access to some nice Nikon lenses. Canon is a little more bang for your buck, but I still like Nikon.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Hi Nate, welcome to the forum.
    You take great pictures. The camera I use to shoot with was a Minolta SR101 with 55mm extended lens.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Thanks, mate, it means a lot. And Dang, that's an intense camera. You use film right?

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    Thanks, mate, it means a lot. And Dang, that's an intense camera. You use film right?
    Don't know if you were replying to my last comment or not. If you where, then yes. I had my Minolta SR101 for about seven years. Bought it used from someone who got out of picture taking. I use to make good money on the side shooting pictures of events unfolding and send them to the local newspapers.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Don't know if you were replying to my last comment or not. If you where, then yes. I had my Minolta SR101 for about seven years. Bought it used from someone who got out of picture taking. I use to make good money on the side shooting pictures of events unfolding and send them to the local newspapers.
    Yeah, it's a bit more difficult to shoot for newspaper with film cameras these days. I only use digital.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by natebarrett11 View Post
    Yeah, it's a bit more difficult to shoot for newspaper with film cameras these days. I only use digital.
    Back in 2009 I was in Las Vegas, NV attending the CES Convention and after I left and started to drive back to my Hotel off the strip, I pulled over to the side of a road and saw a Mobile home going up big time. I hopped the wall, camera and all and slipped past the yellow safety tape and started shooting photos. Theres are the picture I was able to get just before I was told to get back behind the yellow tape. I got paid $25 bucks for these. Here, take a look.

Shooting with a Minolta SR101 is difficult to work with being that nothing is automatic. Everything is fully blown manual, right down to the ASA settings. I no longer have this camera but would love to get another one like it. That is if 35mm film is still around. haha

Thread Information