Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

New to this site but...

I am not new to Cricket. I switched to Cricket from TMobile almost five years ago. I had added two of my kids to my account at T-moblie. When I did I asked for the most economical plan for my situation. The put me on some kind od Family plan that was suppose to be about $150.00 a month. First bill around $225.00, I figured I guess that must be from adding new account fee's ?? Next month $285.00? I was stunned and not sure how I was going to pay it? I ended up paying most of it and working out an extension to pay the balance the next week. Got it paid and now I am 2 weeks into the next billing cycle and so 2 weeks passed very quickly third bill $345.00 Late fee's added, blah, blah blah..

So I go passed a Cricket store to a Tmobile store across the street with my bill in hand. By this time I had spoken to a few friends I knew who were using the new phone service that was " some new guys for poor people or ones with no credit" called Cricket Ha ha! My friend to my surprise spoke really highly about Cricket. Said he always had a good connection and what he liked most No Surprises!! His bill was always the same.

So I explain to the T mobile guy how I had been a happy customer up until 3 months ago when I requested an economical family plan and signed up for one I was told would be 150.00 a month. I then showed him my bills. He said sorry a billing questions are handled through our call center. Oh i forgot to mention my phone was turned off that a.m, cause I didn't pay $345.00
    So I said may I use a phone to call the call center. So the guy calls them and puts me on the phone. Alright let me get to the point. We are going line by line trying to figure out what happen to the 150.00 a month. I said you know there is a Cricket store across the street and they have a $ 50.00 plan that is unlimited everything which means I could go over there and get three of those for $ 150.00 with no surprises. About then we get to this line that say something like LtX Fee $28 per line $84.00 total plus tax?? I said what is that?? I promise this is the truth he says " hmm I 'm not sure what that is... lemme check something hang on about thirty seconds later he comes back and says ok ya we can deduct that for you that will save you $ 82.00 " and I said that's great but It was on the last three bills for sure since I had them with me . I said what is that? Again he says " ya er uh I don't know but we are going to credit the $ 82.00 back to you right now! SO I say really you don't know and I guess if we hadn't caught it you would have just kept right on collecting it as long as I didn't complain!

I was shocked and angry. Asked can you credit me the other months or give me one reason I should stay with Tmobile otherwise I am done here and going across the street to Cricket. He said I am sorry but I don't have the authority to credit you for anything other than this month and I said that is your best response? He repeated the same thing. I said Ok thanks for the advice I have to go now I need to get on over to Cricket.

I have been here every since and in the early days it was kind of tough. Not the service I have always had great service, no surprises except improved or added services for less money. No I mean tough cause of the snobbish folks I don't really care about any way but it was the " oh you have Cricket hmm" kind of crap and I would proudly respond with yes I sure do and I love it. I went through, Nextel , Sprint, and Tmobile before I found my true love, and as long as they remain the way they have since I signed up I will continue to be a proud Carrying Cricket kinda man!!! Currently using the Samsung SCH-R915 Indulge

bpersuaded

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Welcome to the forum. That's a great story. Katy is my home town by the way. I hate having to call a company every month trying to figure out what has changed my bill. Even if they were able to refund the other months, who knows if they would have fixed the future bills right then and there.

The next couple of years will be interesting with Cricket. The introduction of LTE brings a lot of potential. Huawei is starting to release some higher end handsets.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Welcome aboard. Great story.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury!

Now that deserves a free month for that testimony lol. Good for you though I had problems with big time companies too. U at the right place

Overall activity: 3.0%

When the cricket stores started popping up in my area (Chicago) I was skeptical so I didn't look in to it. But when i started getting bills from sprint that were to high and I was having to call and be on the phone for hours trying to get them to fix it, I had had enough. I am a Happy Cricket convert.

Thread Information