Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Someone *HIGH FIVE* me! :)

Hiya kids!

I am the ideal definition of an Android™ fanboy.
    Fell in love on Oct.28, 2008 when I opened the box to my T-Mobile G1. Love at first sight it was.

Since then, I've owned the MyTouch3G, Moto Defy, two Google Nexus Ones, both MyTouch4Geez, an HTC Sensation, and currently have the LG G2X running 4.0.3.
    I have flashed my G2X more times than I've changed underwear this year - I'm probably exaggerating a bit!!! lmao
    I have a series of batch scripts that I run ADB after flashing my G2X that pushes a few required apps, custom hosts file, optimizing bash scripts and fonts.
    Also have a B&N Nook Color, also on an Ice Cream high! I finally learned how to compile from AOSP myself.
    I've helped many friends to see the light and come from the iDarkside (I am very anti-crapple, Jobs and iPhoney - but that's a debate for another forum, lol.)

As you can see, I'm not your average Android™ user!
    However, I stumbled onto your forum today because my wife and I will be leaving T-Mobile soon, and Cricket seems like the natural choice here in El Paso TX. The retention department at T-Mobile doesn't think highly of the $150+ we give them each month for service. So we are parting ways after 6+ years.

SDK and AOSP are like second nature to me.
    But CDMA? Nuh uh. It'll take me some time to learn everything here

I'll be joining the Cricket Clan soon. All depending on when I can get a decent EVO up and running, flashed to your services. Then I'll be here pretty often.

Thanks for all the information you guys put together!
    I hope to learn and contribute much to your forum.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łèĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Welcome and glad to have you on board

*high five*
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

I'm surprised T-Mobile didn't offer you a good deal to stay.

I think you'll like Cricket though.

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Welcome and glad to have you on board

*high five*
    Thanks for the high-five and Welcoming!

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post

I'm surprised T-Mobile didn't offer you a good deal to stay.

I think you'll like Cricket though.
    I'm shocked too.

We may ride with them for another month.
    I came into a little extra income + a buddy of mine might just give me his EVO when he upgrades in a another month (i hope so)

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedFellow View Post
    Thanks for the high-five and Welcoming!

I'm shocked too.

We may ride with them for another month.
    I came into a little extra income + a buddy of mine might just give me his EVO when he upgrades in a another month (i hope so)
    Did you ask for any credits to be placed on the account? It would be nice if they'd give you a month free, without a contract extension, while you wait for that Evo.

Did you ask for any credits to be placed on the account?
    I did not know that option even existed!

I did not know that option even existed!
    I'm not sure if it does, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I've negotiated a lot with DirecTV, and I imagine a lot of the cell phone companies are the same.

I'm not sure if it does, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I've negotiated a lot with DirecTV, and I imagine a lot of the cell phone companies are the same.
    NOTE AND BOOKMARKED!
    My wife will be happy to know it's a possibility.

I've worked for Dishnetwork yearsssss ago. And when we were trained, we were told that that is a common tactic to customers who just didn't wanna pay up. I hope they don't see it that way when I call in this week.
    Our income has changed drastically since last year. As much as I wish I could stay with them, we just can't afford to.

QUESTION: Do we keep our same numbers?

NOTE AND BOOKMARKED!
    My wife will be happy to know it's a possibility.

I've worked for Dishnetwork yearsssss ago. And when we were trained, we were told that that is a common tactic to customers who just didn't wanna pay up. I hope they don't see it that way when I call in this week.
    Our income has changed drastically since last year. As much as I wish I could stay with them, we just can't afford to.

QUESTION: Do we keep our same numbers?
    Did you work in a call center or did you do another job, such as with installations?

Yes, you can keep your number. Make sure you don't cancel your T-Mobile account. You need to start the port with Cricket, and your T-Mobile account should be automatically cancelled after the port. After the port is complete, you can call T-Mobile to make sure your account has been closed. Just make sure you don't cancel the T-Mobile account first or you will lose the numbers.

Huge Call Center here in El Paso.
    We helped with programming, billing and basic installation issues. Anything more difficult was escalated to another department.

So first we GET Cricket. Then when the service is activated with Cricket, we double-checkcheck with T-Mobile and make sure it's closed. Pay our outrageous EFTs and be on our merry way - Right?

My wife believes that this will not negatively affect her credit. I thought it would because it's considered a breech of contract?

Huge Call Center here in El Paso.
    We helped with programming, billing and basic installation issues. Anything more difficult was escalated to another department.

So first we GET Cricket. Then when the service is activated with Cricket, we double-checkcheck with T-Mobile and make sure it's closed. Pay our outrageous EFTs and be on our merry way - Right?

My wife believes that this will not negatively affect her credit. I thought it would because it's considered a breech of contract?
    That's awesome. Did you get free Dish Network service, or at least a discount?

Yes, you get Cricket. You tell Cricket you want to port your number. After you do *228 and calls are coming through on Cricket just fine with your T-Mobile number, just call T-Mobile to verify it is closed. Are they going to charge you the full ETF? How many months do you have left with your contract?

I don't think it will affect the credit since you're paying the ETF. If you don't pay the ETF, then that might cause a problem.

There were huge discounts for pushing services and bundles. But I never saw it cause I gave it to my Mom & Dad
    Even back then, I didn't like watching TV.

When I called last month to change my plan & services, I was shocked to find out that they were sticking us with a new 2 year agreement. I've never downgraded our account, so I thought it was standard operating procedure.

I just found out that they are screwing my parents at over $200 per month: one unlimited Android™ line + my moms generic little nokia with a simple plan + some ridiculously over-priced home phone service that is supposed to save her money by routing all their calls via the Internet?!
    Sounds like poop to me.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

There were huge discounts for pushing services and bundles. But I never saw it cause I gave it to my Mom & Dad

When I called last month to change my plan & services, I was shocked to find out that they were sticking us with a new 2 year agreement. I've never downgraded our account, so I thought it was standard operating procedure.

I just found out that they are screwing my parents at over $200 per month: one unlimited Android™ line + my moms generic little nokia with a simple plan + some ridiculously over-priced home phone service that is supposed to save her money by routing all their calls via the Internet?!
    Sounds like poop to me.

Sounds like poop to me.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Sounds like poop to me.
    So, you changed your plan, and that is how you got a new two year contract? I'd call and try to get them to waive the fee. That's not right. Most carriers just extend your contract if you get a new device. If it's within 30 days they might be able to waive the fee without a problem. If it's past 30 days, I'd still try to get them to waive it anyway. Did they make it clear that they were going to extend the contract, or did they just go ahead and do it?

$200/month just for that? Cricket would be $55/month + $30/month for the basic phone. In addition to that, you can get home phone service through another provider with a cheaper plan. They can easily save $100/month.

It's really sad how many people are overpaying for their telecommunications services. There are so many alternatives out there that can save people money. Some people are just stuck on signing that two year contract with Verizon for the "free" flip phone. They can come over to Cricket and get a comparable phone for $40, without a contract, and then just pay $35/month.

I'm thinking it would be most cost efficient to stick with two generic phones. No data plan. No Android™.
    I've got my tablet and will probably buy a second one soon.
    So two generic phone plans are $35 x2, right?
    $75 per month would really help my beer fund LOL

I'm thinking it would be most cost efficient to stick with two generic phones. No data plan. No Android™.
    I've got my tablet and will probably buy a second one soon.
    So two generic phone plans are $35 x2, right?
    $75 per month would really help my beer fund LOL
    It would actually be $65/month, since you get a $5 discount for the second line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information