Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    It would actually be $65/month, since you get a $5 discount for the second line.
    I told my wife that, and she *HIGH FIVES* me, wootwoot!
    lmao

Yeah man, HighFives are what we do around hurr!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by organizedfellow View Post
    i told my wife that, and she *high fives* me, wootwoot!
    Lmao

yeah man, highfives are what we do around hurr!
    lol!!

Whoop, whoop! -high fives- Welcome to the Cricket Clan, mah bud.
    The fact that you can spend less than $70 for a quality phone plan with the works is pretty much AMAZING.

Thanks for the welcome naturallyNeptune!

We haven't jumped ship yet.
    We've been with them for so long, and my ties to Android™ are incredibly strong.
    I had just gotten into development this year, and it's tough to abandon it.
    Also I had just bought the LG G2X less than a year ago. It's running 4.0.3 very well! I switch between that and 2.3.7 perhaps once a week.
    But alas, the burdon of funemployment is taking its toll, and I absolutely have to leave T-Mobile very very soon.
    Once we do, there will be no EVO in my future, as the severity of our situation pretty much dictates that I'll be getting the generics of generics ... *GAG* I'll be getting a phone with buttons, not touch-screen, maybe not even 3G. Simple.

We've been talking about joining Cricket for months now. Wifey is just waiting for me to sell my phone.
    I've been very involved since October 2008. I've been helping family and friends root, hack and modify their devices for years now.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome naturallyNeptune!

We haven't jumped ship yet.
    We've been with them for so long, and my ties to Android™ are incredibly strong.
    I had just gotten into development this year, and it's tough to abandon it.
    Also I had just bought the LG G2X less than a year ago. It's running 4.0.3 very well! I switch between that and 2.3.7 perhaps once a week.
    But alas, the burdon of funemployment is taking its toll, and I absolutely have to leave T-Mobile very very soon.
    Once we do, there will be no EVO in my future, as the severity of our situation pretty much dictates that I'll be getting the generics of generics ... *GAG* I'll be getting a phone with buttons, not touch-screen, maybe not even 3G. Simple.

We've been talking about joining Cricket for months now. Wifey is just waiting for me to sell my phone.
    I've been very involved since October 2008. I've been helping family and friends root, hack and modify their devices for years now.

Just got off the phone with TMO and there is nothing they can do to bring our bill lower.
    We can keep our phones (Wife = MyTouch3G, Me=LG G2X), and use them without any internet services. $90-something per month + whatever service fees, pushes it to $100+/-.
    I asked if they can waive one of the EFTs - nope! They could help with reducing it, if we were close to the end of our contract. But we are only one month into a 24 month renewal.
    The renewal came with our attempts to reduce our monthly. It went from $150 to $130. Still not enough.

We just received our income tax, and are hoping to make it stretch as much as possible. The $400 EFT isn't alot of what we have, but enough to almost equal our rent
    We're cutting corners everywhere.

Wifey is the primary account holder. Only she can call and terminate the account. But as mentioned in the previous replies, I was told to activate our Cricket accounts first. This terminates our TMO services, and also guarantees that our numbers remain our numbers, right?

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    huawei mercury

Try

Try mercury it's like 200 @ store new and it's perfect for cricket service

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedFellow View Post
    Just got off the phone with TMO and there is nothing they can do to bring our bill lower.
    We can keep our phones (Wife = MyTouch3G, Me=LG G2X), and use them without any internet services. $90-something per month + whatever service fees, pushes it to $100+/-.
    I asked if they can waive one of the EFTs - nope! They could help with reducing it, if we were close to the end of our contract. But we are only one month into a 24 month renewal.
    The renewal came with our attempts to reduce our monthly. It went from $150 to $130. Still not enough.

We just received our income tax, and are hoping to make it stretch as much as possible. The $400 EFT isn't alot of what we have, but enough to almost equal our rent
    We're cutting corners everywhere.

Wifey is the primary account holder. Only she can call and terminate the account. But as mentioned in the previous replies, I was told to activate our Cricket accounts first. This terminates our TMO services, and also guarantees that our numbers remain our numbers, right?
    Isn't there a 30 day cancellation period when extending the contract? Yes, you port out to Cricket, and your T-Mobile account should be automatically disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    lol!!
    Hey Avenue.
    I just wanted to update:

It's been three months now, that we've left T-Mobile. Wifey let me get the Mercury, was a little over $300. No biggie. We're used to ME spending big on a new phone. She got a little Samsung flip.

I resisted the urge to root for months!
    I watched the Google I/O 2012 last week - tons of amazing things happening with Android! Very exciting!!!
    I may be getting the Nexus7 - if I can sell my Color Nook (rooted with 4.0.3 if you know anyone interested?)
    I finally sold my LG G2X. I got $150 from a local shop. But they wouldn't take it rooted, so I simply reflashed the stock ROM, which I had backed up in ClockWorkMod, and deleted /system/xbin/su and /system/app/Superuser.apko
    So now that I'm rooted on the Merc, all I've done so far is just removed bloat. Nothing else needed.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Welcome!
    *virtual high-5 :beer:

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information