Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 21.0%

well we finely got a bestbuy in southern oregon and cricket was included

i found out about cricket little over a year ago when i went to portland and have been waiting for them here ever since. i have a galaxy s for myself and a few optimus s phones along with many other phones. im working on flashing them over for friends. coverage map seems to be about what is the average around here. so from what i have read in the forums my best bet would to become a supporting member here for the esn issues correct? witch leads to my next question of how to go about starting up service for the first time with a flashed phone or would i have to buy a new cricket phone and if i would be looking at the pirce of the phone frist time activation fee and then have to turn around and pay another activation fee for my galaxy? besides the thought of the extra money to get rolling gotta say im stoked on it

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

If Cricket is new in your area (which it probably is if it's only available at Best Buy) you would need to use a Cricket phone. Flashing isn't available in those areas.

If you do need to do an ESN Change, you would need to become a supporting member.

yeah its fairly new as i said walmart carries them now as well and according to the coverage map seems like it can be done fairly easy i plan on flashing them myself i have done it before on other networks and without legal issues regarding esn's and gray areas thinking it shouldn't be all that bad right? and i fully plan on becoming a supporting member and have 7 or 8 esn's to change and maybe a few more lined up but i would like to at least get my phone going before i spend the money on it

Quote Originally Posted by CiTiZeN_SnIpz View Post
    yeah its fairly new as i said walmart carries them now as well and according to the coverage map seems like it can be done fairly easy i plan on flashing them myself i have done it before on other networks and without legal issues regarding esn's and gray areas thinking it shouldn't be all that bad right? and i fully plan on becoming a supporting member and have 7 or 8 esn's to change and maybe a few more lined up but i would like to at least get my phone going before i spend the money on it
    You would need to check Cricket's Terms of Service. From my understanding of it, flashing is only allowed in native Cricket markets (where Cricket uses their own towers) and in non-AWS markets (where Cricket uses 1900 Mhz, not AWS, which is 1700 Mhz). Cricket is using Sprint in your area, which means it's not running on the native Cricket network. I doubt Sprint would be happy with people using flashed phones on their network for just $55/month. That could hurt their business.

So, I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

In regards to ESN Changes, you can take a look at the supporting memberships page. If you're going to be doing a lot of flashing, you might want to consider the flashing account. Here is some information: http://www.cricketusers.com/payments.php

yeah i will make sure to read the fine print before going any further with flashing but as far as the 55$ plans sprints got virgin mobile and if your faithful 35$ boost unlimited plans. so if everything is all good legally could i leave the prl files the same in my sprint phones or because the apns are changed the prl has to be as well?

Quote Originally Posted by CiTiZeN_SnIpz View Post
    yeah i will make sure to read the fine print before going any further with flashing but as far as the 55$ plans sprints got virgin mobile and if your faithful 35$ boost unlimited plans. so if everything is all good legally could i leave the prl files the same in my sprint phones or because the apns are changed the prl has to be as well?
    With Virgin Mobile you need to use a Virgin Mobile handset, but the last I heard Boost Mobile was accepting Sprint ESN's, so you can always try that out. I think the Android went up to $40/month now. I don't think they grandfathered people in to the $35 rate when they changed it, which isn't good. It makes me think if they decide to increase the Android plan to $60/month (which is unlikely) that people will need to pay the higher price.

I would think you'd need a Cricket PRL. Cricket isn't offering roaming in your area as far as I know, so there would probably be a problem if your phone tried to roam on Verizon or something.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Okay I very briefly read over this thread. Since I'm always short on time, I'll post what I think you want to know.

Ever since Cricket started to go Nationwide, it's understandably gotten more attention in new areas. Some areas CANNOT have non-Cricket phone ESNs on their account. Some can. This is based on what a few dealers have told me as people make requests.

I've seen some people start an account with a Paygo phone and then transfer over to a different non-Cricket phone. As far as official policy goes, I'm unsure.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Supporting Member

I just flashed an Evo and started a new plan with it for someone, So the initial thinking we have to buy a dummy phone or a temp to start a line isn't true anymore I just found out. I called and said I have an evo 4g, she even clarified if it was the shift or the regular. She then let me put it on the 35 dollar plan I'm loving cricket more and more everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I just flashed an Evo and started a new plan with it for someone, So the initial thinking we have to buy a dummy phone or a temp to start a line isn't true anymore I just found out. I called and said I have an evo 4g, she even clarified if it was the shift or the regular. She then let me put it on the 35 dollar plan I'm loving cricket more and more everyday
    I might try to see if they will let me put my phone on the $35 plan since you haven't had any problems. I'm thinking maybe they're allowing it and just aren't advertising it.

Nice one.Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information