Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    No, that's a different computer.
    well i dont wanna sound like all i know is to reset the cmos lol cause its not im also a pc tech went to school for that... and hardware issue is my thing....
    but if you see a jump that reads JP1 - jP3 try to move the jumper to jp2-jp3 have the Hdd hooked up hit power button then put the jumpers back and see if it see's the hard drives
    you said you tried moving the jumpers correct? other than that make sure the power is connected (no brainer huh) but just make sure lol and maybe try the cdroms power.... does it read the cd-rom?
    is so use the cdroms ide and power...hope this helps at all if any

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    well i dont wanna sound like all i know is to reset the cmos lol cause its not im also a pc tech went to school for that... and hardware issue is my thing....
    but if you see a jump that reads JP1 - jP3 try to move the jumper to jp2-jp3 have the Hdd hooked up hit power button then put the jumpers back and see if it see's the hard drives
    you said you tried moving the jumpers correct? other than that make sure the power is connected (no brainer huh) but just make sure lol and maybe try the cdroms power.... does it read the cd-rom?
    is so use the cdroms ide and power...hope this helps at all if any
    I don't have the computer with me right now, but I did switch the jumpers all around, and even tried to start it without jumpers. There are two hard drives, but I've tried to start it when just one too. I've also switched the power, and that hasn't changed anything either.

Thanks!

-Avenue

Phone
    DroidX Apex rom2.0

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Alright, Tech.

No, I haven't. I don't know what a PCI Hard Drive Controller is. I heard of a PCI card, isn't that an expansion slot?

Like I just said, it isn't the same computer. This is a different one. It's a Dell.

Thanks again.
    thats pretty much it avenue, an expansion of ide controllers hooked up through the pci slots...incase you wanted to add more than 2 hdd's or if your 2 main ide's crap out

Quote Originally Posted by valentinoh View Post
    thats pretty much it avenue, an expansion of ide controllers hooked up through the pci slots...incase you wanted to add more than 2 hdd's or if your 2 main ide's crap out
    Oh, alright. I don't think I need more than two hard drives. I think one is enough. I just think it's nice to have two. If I can ever get the computer to recognize it I might keep Windows XP on the one and put Ubuntu on the other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information