Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Can This Phone Still be Flashed?

This may be a really stupid question but is this phone still able to go to cricket? In particular I have the N900P version and I am confused by it to be honest. It's a CDMA phone which cricket doesn't accept anymore, but it has a sim card... so it is possible? Thank you in advance.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Ok to fully explain this I will say that the number that comes up with typing *#06# is not the right number to determine cricket eligibility! It's jactually in the phone settings. This is what was confusing me. I'll post again when my SIM arrives and if I can get it to work.Ok to

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE
    The phone has to be sim unlocked. I was lucky enough to have purchased the Note 3 Verizon variant because it's factory sim unlocked. I was able to take my cricket flashed Note 3 to Metropcs and get all features, including 4glte which is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    The phone has to be sim unlocked. I was lucky enough to have purchased the Note 3 Verizon variant because it's factory sim unlocked. I was able to take my cricket flashed Note 3 to Metropcs and get all features, including 4glte which is amazing.
    Nice! I might go Metropcs instead because cricket is giving me a hard time... I unlocked the sim (I think no way to verify but did everything I read) rooted it (for sure that's easy to verify lol) and just need the sim card so I can set it up for cricket... but they won't let me pay for a SIM card! It's nuts they don't recognize my address due to a computer error, won't let me ship it somewhere else because billing and shipping address need to be the same! I called and they have NO POWER TO FIX THIS... it's nuts that a customer rep wouldn't be able to get me a sim I'm willing to pay for.

Anyways it's a bit off topic but MetroPCS has been good to you so far it sounds like? lol looking for a backup company.

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE
    Why don't you get the sim on ebay?

Metro has been amazing. Like night and day compared to Cricket. I tried my brothers Cricket sim and did a speed test on their lte and Metropcs poops all over their lte lol. I'm on the $60 unlimited plan with about 30gb of 4Glte in my first month.

OMG GENIUS! I'm gonna get it on ebay. The problem with Metro so far is that my area code 12884 has 2g speeds with them... so Cricket might be my best bet. I looked everywhere for Cricket sims and ebay... wow I shoulda known.

Phone
    HTC Evo LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangazzm View Post
    OMG GENIUS! I'm gonna get it on ebay. The problem with Metro so far is that my area code 12884 has 2g speeds with them... so Cricket might be my best bet. I looked everywhere for Cricket sims and ebay... wow I shoulda known.
    Yeah it all depends on your area of course. Cricket is still a good value for the money. Hope you get up an running soon. How did you unlock your sprint phone?

[APP][2013.11.04] RegionLock Away v1.3 [ROOT] - xda-developers

Rooted phone, download that apk and run it. Again, didn't have another sim to test it but seemed to work just fine and plenty of people had success with it.

Sorry about the long reply time... I submitted a post with a link and mods still haven't approved it. Anyways I am having small amount of trouble with the phone now.

To easily region unlock some phones Google "XDA Region Lock Away" since I can't post links ugh.

I did order a SIM off of ebay and it worked just fine. I filed the sim down because it's the larger SIM blah blah blah seems to work just fine but it says invalid SIM making me wonder if my phone didn't become region locked!? Or if the SIM is not functional for some reason? OR MAYBE since I didn't flash it over it that's why it's saying invalid SIM. I might have time to flash it this weekend but am wondering if I should ask for a new sim in the mean time because this one is faulty or wait until I actually flash it?
    I
    Last edited by Dangazzm; 07-16-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Customer Since
    June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangazzm View Post
    This may be a really stupid question but is this phone still able to go to cricket? In particular I have the N900P version and I am confused by it to be honest. It's a CDMA phone which cricket doesn't accept anymore, but it has a sim card... so it is possible? Thank you in advance.
    I need tyo know the same answer, I just bought one for $150 with a mint screen and back (light dropped scratched and chip in plastic edge) and I would hate to have to try and resell it just to get another one again!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Its my understanding that cricket doesn't activate cdma phones anymore if they are not selling cdma phones.

Thread Information