Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Cool HTC One Max on Cricket Wireless without Flashing (talk, text, mms, Internet)

This surprised me when the Verizon HTC One Max did not require any sort of flashing to work on Cricket Wireless. It's been a while since I've had an active Cricket account, but when I got the ZTE Source for $80 it gave me the chance to revisit the Cricket SIM Card.

When Cricket first started getting LTE devices, I tested the SIM card in other devices. It would only give me the ME error and not connect to the network. However, with this phone it connected for talk, text and Internet. Go SMS was used for MMS.

I'm still getting the ME error every few minutes. There might be a way to stop this error from popping up. It would take the time of someone else to do a little research. Perhaps just killing a task?

GO SMS Configurations

Cricket Wireless

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 01-05-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Wanted to note that it looks like you have to have a Cricket LTE device in the system to get the UICC's (SIM) number to stick in the system. You will probably not be able to enter the IMEI of your HTC One Max and a Cricket UICC.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    Wanted to note that it looks like you have to have a Cricket LTE device in the system to get the UICC's (SIM) number to stick in the system. You will probably not be able to enter the IMEI of your HTC One Max and a Cricket UICC.
    Have you gotten this to work on the Sprint version yet? If not, I would be happy to try it on mines if you could walk me through it.

Overall activity: 7.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post

This surprised me when the Verizon HTC One Max did not require any sort of flashing to work on Cricket Wireless. It's been a while since I've had an active Cricket account, but when I got the ZTE Source for $80 it gave me the chance to revisit the Cricket SIM Card.

When Cricket first started getting LTE devices, I tested the SIM card in other devices. It would only give me the ME error and not connect to the network. However, with this phone it connected for talk, text and Internet. Go SMS was used for MMS.

I'm still getting the ME error every few minutes. There might be a way to stop this error from popping up. It would take the time of someone else to do a little research. Perhaps just killing a task?

GO SMS Configurations

Cricket Wireless

I did as you said and it says this phone is not authorized to make calls. what else did you do?

Chris

Will this work on Sprint Htc one max, and also on $45 plan or must be LTE plan?

Thank you

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Now you'd probably be better off using a GSM Cricket card instead of the old CMDA ones.

The Spring HTC One Max might be network locked and give you some kind of SIM card error. Verizon is not allowed to do that because of the agreement with the FCC to keep their LTE devices unlocked in exchange for LTE spectrum.

Thank you Chris

I did not realize that Cricket will very soon be only GSM.

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2014

I was on Verizon network with this phone and I am now with cricket. I put my SIM card in my max and I get nothing. What am I missing???

Thread Information