Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since

Angry 2nd Samsung S4 Brand new and bad

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4 last year, something was wrong with this brand new phone and was returned and I got a replacement phone which worked well.

Now I get an offer to buy another one Galaxy S4 and this one arrived (brand new) and bam, camera is NOT working at all.

Now I call the Cricket people up and they want me to return it, be without the phone for 5 days...etc...(i already started new service)

Does anybody know if Cricket gets the reject phones.....because I also bought another Apple phone and it too went bad.

All phones were bought for family members and these phones had internal software problems. I suggest someone not buy any phones from Cricket, but the phone service and internet is fine, no issues with that.

But, do NOT buy any phones from them.

And by the way, all these Cricket stores are useless to return your phone, they want you to UPS it across the country and let them inspect it...big hassel to get a brand new phone to be what its suppose to be.

I conclude that CRICKET is selling Reject phones to the public in my opinion.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

install a camera from playstore and see if it works.

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    install a camera from playstore and see if it works.
    I did, I installed the google camera, didnt work. Called samsung, didn't work.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

im using an att s4 not a cricket s4. I installed the moto x camera apk. its the best camera apk ive used. u might try a factory reset and see if that helps.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnconner View Post

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4 last year, something was wrong with this brand new phone and was returned and I got a replacement phone which worked well.

Now I get an offer to buy another one Galaxy S4 and this one arrived (brand new) and bam, camera is NOT working at all.

Now I call the Cricket people up and they want me to return it, be without the phone for 5 days...etc...(i already started new service)

Does anybody know if Cricket gets the reject phones.....because I also bought another Apple phone and it too went bad.

All phones were bought for family members and these phones had internal software problems. I suggest someone not buy any phones from Cricket, but the phone service and internet is fine, no issues with that.

And by the way, all these Cricket stores are useless to return your phone, they want you to UPS it across the country and let them inspect it...big hassel to get a brand new phone to be what its suppose to be.

Wow. Not cricket style but it sounds like good old at&t or the New cricket. I'm not trying to be downer and when U constantly seeing Me being negative towards whom U are still in a relationship with its painful. But if one is fortunate enough for Me.

Get outta the abusive relationship, don't walk run. He doesn't luv U

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono
    Quote Originally Posted by johnconner View Post

just to add a little context here. Cricket is not selling reject phones. We are contractually and legally obliged to inform customers if it is a used device, there are several state laws that are applicable when selling pre-owned or used products.

the device you received as a warranty replacement was probably used or refurbished, they would have been up-front about that. "they" are called Asurion, Cricket's warranty and insurance providers. their number is 855-309-8342 and they are a leader in the industry whom have been partnered with AT&T for the past 15 years. recently they extended the warranty period on replacement devices so give them a call and perhaps they can resolve the issue for you.

Asurion offers customers a few ways to process a warranty; the free way you will have to mail them the phone with a free shipping label and it can take 5 days to ship and process (no problem if you have a spare device handy), the not free way requires you to pay expedited shipping and/or a give them a deposit of the value of your equipment.

Thread Information