Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

[VIDEO] Samsung Galaxy S5 - ZAGG invisibleSHIELD Glass Installation

I use to do so many installation videos of invisibleSHIELDs (orignal, HD, dry) back in the day. Then Spigen came along with all their Glas screen protectors. Doesn't take much to see that a glass screen protector is superior in clarity. It's really become a shame to put a product that suffers from known issues like the rainbow effect and orange peel on these flagship devices.

I'm sure ZAGG felt the pressure put on them by manufacturers like Spigen to produce something better. Enter the Glass line.

PRICE

This thing is kind of expensive. $40 bucks basically at Best Buy. From ZAGG it's $5 cheaper. Maybe that's because there is less packaging with the one that ship from ZAGG.

Spigen is pretty expensive as well. Cheaper glass screen protectors are popping up on eBay at lower prices. I think for the most part those will be fine. I've used a few before. Expect less support if they don't work and a higher chance of bubbles. How much higher? I don't know. We'll have to wait for feedback from others.

WARRANTY

Of course there are cons to glass screen protectors. I won't deny that. My wife has cracked a few. Spigen has a replacement program to get you another one at a discount cost:

Glas.t/Glas.tR Replacement Policy | Spigen

According to the information supplied in this product, ZAGG will keep on sending you replacements if you pay shipping and handling. You will most likely have to return the broken pieces of your protector as well as proof it was damaged.

INSTALLATION

You don't really need a video. However, I did one anyways . The installation process is easier in my opinion than non glass screen protectors. Ultimately you'll just want to make sure everything is dust free and aligned. If you skip towards the end of the video where the screen protector makes contact with the screen, you will see the air bubbles all come out on their own. It's that easy.

FIT AND CONCLUSION

I was really pleased with the fit. This product leaves enough room around the side of the screen for cases which is a huge benefit. Most cases will not pry up the borders and cause the glass to lift. Cheaper Chinese glass screen protectors and this one leave openings and not just cutouts for the speaker and home button. In this case, I applaud that because of the fingerprint scanner. From videos I saw of the Glas, they chose to have a cutout for the home button. They're thin, and I'm sure you can get your fingerprint read. I mean, who would design it that way if you couldn't? I just believe that it would be easier to scan it if the area was left open. Spigen used to give away home button stickers to make the button taller. Can't do that with the S5's scanner.

LINK

ZAGG's S5 screen protector lineup

Spigen's lineup is getting bigger and bigger btw...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS5_Spigen_Glas.JPG 
Views:	1295 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	4750

Here's what we found at Best Buy last night from ZAGG...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GS5_ZAGG_Best_Buy.jpg 
Views:	1186 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	4751

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 04-15-2014 at 06:24 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information