Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

View Poll Results: When do you think Cricket Wireless will get its Galaxy S5?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within the next month.

3 30.00%
  • Sometime during summer.

4 40.00%
  • By the end of the year.

1 10.00%
  • It will never have a Cricket branded S5 due to the buy out.

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Also if around the beginning of the New Year if I loose My phone or it gets taken and need a insurance replacement, do I get a gsm phone or a expiring exact replacement?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Everyone isnt going to get it exactly the way they want the switch to happen. I'm predicting:

1. There will be some kind of large discount to switch phones so customers dont get too pissed and leave.
    2. Financed phones will subtract the owed amount the discount amount of the new GSM phone.
    3. Once the stores are setup to start putting people on GSM accounts then the CDMA line of phones will no longer be sold.
    4. Once the GSM accounts start, the current CDMA phones will still work for months until they can convince everyone to come in the store and exchange it with a discounted equivalent GSM phone.
    5. ATT will probably will push Jan 1, 2015 as a cut off date to switch phones.
    6. Yea, not sure about cricket people with previous bad ATT accounts. There is chance they will never know about bad accounts since they probably have sold them(written them off) to a collection agency.

....but no one knows and my crystal ball needs new batteries too.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Customer Since
    mar 2006
    Phone
    sg3

Wise I think those possibilities make sense. We know that att wants the spectrum but they also want as many cricket customers they can convince to switch over. I can't see them allowing millions of customers to walk that easy. Money is the game here and att wants more of it.
    If I can upgrade to the s4 or s5 next year I'll be happy with that if the service is a lot better than what I have now.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Oct. 16

I work for cricket corporate and yes we are going to provide a big discount for devices and if the device is in good condition we are going to exchange them for free, and just as a quick reference the first GSM device we are going to be exchanging to will the the Motorola G

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by krodr018 View Post
    I work for cricket corporate and yes we are going to provide a big discount for devices and if the device is in good condition we are going to exchange them for free, and just as a quick reference the first GSM device we are going to be exchanging to will the the Motorola G
    What if the Knox counter is tripped? I still don't see myself staying..

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

I have htc one sv s off. Will that matter? Will I need to undo firewater s off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Hopefully as long as it's functional they won't look into it much!
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Oct. 16

We are going to be taking the devices even if they are rooted and even if they have been damaged, the only thing that will matter its that they are still functional

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Sounds like CU needs to start a thread for the newbs about how to wipe/reset and remove sd cards so all personal info is gone before they exchange it. Yea, some will forget to do it or just not be sure how to do it.

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

Just left my local Cricket corporate store, manager actually had a moto g that will be on the new Cricket, says they will run gsm network starting sometime next month, didn't have any info about the Galaxy S5.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    SCH-R970C

Quote Originally Posted by Ledah View Post
    What if the Knox counter is tripped? I still don't see myself staying..

Ledah that has been my worry this whole time. Someone convinced me to root saying at&t doesn't want a cdma device anyways. Well I can see knox as a way for at&t to knox off some trade in value.

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Went to a store today to ask about the transition. Was told that starting on May 18th the new network is going to kick in. At that point we will be able to activate GSM phones with a fee. Also the Moto G will be available along with a Lumia phone. The Samsung S5 would be available at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    Went to a store today to ask about the transition. Was told that starting on May 18th the new network is going to kick in. At that point we will be able to activate GSM phones with a fee. Also the Moto G will be available along with a Lumia phone. The Samsung S5 would be available at the end of the month.
    Hello will we still be able to finance the phones? I'm assuming the S5 will be pretty pricey.. Can only afford it in payments... Hope we still get that service, thanks for your time!

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    June 2011
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 1320

@Ztony....my S4 is financed with Fortiva. I asked about that on Cricket's facebook. I was told that they will be financing devices. ..and someone else (not a Cricket employee?) said that the financing is thru Progressive Financial rather than YBUY or Fortiva. ...so to me that means...if I want the S5 I'll have to open a new account. btw...the S5 is supposed to be coming very soon, but no date was given.
    I have also decided that I'm not trading in my S4. I'm going to give it to my dad. He wants it for the "non-phone" stuff...music (better make sure to wipe my tunes off...don't think he would appreciate the metal bands I'm into...Kreator, Coroner, etc ), room temp sensor, GPS digiHUD speedometer for use in his antique car, etc

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by babyflitestreak View Post
    @Ztony....my S4 is financed with Fortiva. I asked about that on Cricket's facebook. I was told that they will be financing devices. ..and someone else (not a Cricket employee?) said that the financing is thru Progressive Financial rather than YBUY or Fortiva. ...so to me that means...if I want the S5 I'll have to open a new account. btw...the S5 is supposed to be coming very soon, but no date was given.
    I have also decided that I'm not trading in my S4. I'm going to give it to my dad. He wants it for the "non-phone" stuff...music (better make sure to wipe my tunes off...don't think he would appreciate the metal bands I'm into...Kreator, Coroner, etc ), room temp sensor, GPS digiHUD speedometer for use in his antique car, etc
    Hey Katy, TX... That's my hometown.

I forgot to update this thread, but the release date should be the 27th of this month.

http://www.cricketusers.com/new-devi...tml#post252121

Updating OP.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information