Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

My 2 cents I can't remember ever flashing a phone and having MMS work right off the bat always have to edit settings

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post
    Are you the one posting on Craigslist offering to sell flashing software to anyone for $200 to $249?
    no??? LMFAO

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

im on craigslist in savannah ga and HHI, SC flashing prices are $45-$0.00 . . . and when i say 0, its free to ask questions on this forum and i linked to this forum to ask question =/ . . y would i sell software lol

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We can talk about the main topic when I get back, but I agree. Corporate has no right to flash phones when they use to spend a majority of their time denying full support for anything but talk and text. It's really crappy to see they are trying to kill off the dealers that use to be their backbone. For customers, don't for once think than an authorized dealer has it made. I'd hate to be in the situation they put them in.

chaloval

@woof. I never said cricket warranties MMS. I said MMS WORKS 100% OF THE TIME!! Go back and re read my previous post. And as far as it goes I have tested all features of the phones, including MMS before we hand back the phone. Thats why I say it works 100% of the time. None of these phones have had issues with MMS.

@tclemens. What do you mean by right iff the bat? Of course you got to edit settins on the phone to make it work.
    3 steps. Flash calls/text to phone, provision web, and finally download mms apk.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I am in a mood to nitpick... sorry everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chaloval View Post
    @woof. I never said cricket warranties MMS.
    I never asked you if you warranty MMS. I said "Is this guarantee in writing?" in reference to your statement that FTT guarantees the flash for 6mos. The question stands. Is there a guarantee in writing that you give to the customers? If there is such a written guarantee, PLEASE post it here so we can see. I also referred to the fact that Cricket has always stated that on flashed handsets only talk and text is officially supported. Has this changed? If a customer calls care or comes in to a COS with a web or mms issue on their flashed handset will Cricket attempt to help them?

I said MMS WORKS 100% OF THE TIME!! Go back and re read my previous post.
    MMS may work when you test it after the flash, but that does not equate to "MMS WORKS 100% OF THE TIME!!". And putting it in caps doesn't make that true either. Everyone here that has flashed a phone can chime in and tell you that mms is the weak point in any flash and may fail at some point. Do you tell your customers that?

And as far as it goes I have tested all features of the phones, including MMS before we hand back the phone. Thats why I say it works 100% of the time.
    Youve tested all the features of all the phones youve flashed? Wow what the average time a customer has to wait to get the phone back? How about you test calls, web and mms. You don't have the time to do much else. We know youre not testing the camera, gps, bluetooth, speaker phone, voice dial, etc etc. Oh I know you MEANT features that relate to the flash, but you didnt say that.

None of these phones have had issues with MMS.
    This should read " None of these phones have had issues with MMS during the testing we do in the store". You have no idea if they have problems unless the customer comes back when you happen to be working. Again, many here will attest that mms develops problems and can just cease to function. Of course Cricket doesn't guarantee web or mms on a flashed phone so it really doesnt matter.

@tclemens. What do you mean by right iff the bat? Of course you got to edit settins on the phone to make it work.
    3 steps. Flash calls/text to phone, provision web, and finally download mms apk.
    Step 4 - change the voicemail number. Step 5 Change the homepage in the browser so they arent seeing VZ or Sprint every time they surf.

It's seems to me youve only been flashing phones for a few months at best using the FTT web app and mms apk.

In the real world flashing requires a bit more. MMS has never been 100%. tclemens comes form the days when mms was the hardest part to get working. downloading an apk is nice but it wasn't always like that.

Of course if I am mistaken about your flashing experience, I apologize. But since a person who has worked in a COS for 10 years hasnt really had any exposure to flashed phone until this year, so I'm probably not.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    We can talk about the main topic when I get back, but I agree. Corporate has no right to flash phones when they use to spend a majority of their time denying full support for anything but talk and text. It's really crappy to see they are trying to kill off the dealers that use to be their backbone. For customers, don't for once think than an authorized dealer has it made. I'd hate to be in the situation they put them in.

my niece had her facinate flashed at a place that uses TTF her MMS did not work after her 3rd trip they told her to install gosms cause "it's better" that was their answer not tryin to be an ass here just pointing out the obvious and agreeing with woof mms can be easy or it can be a real pain and i don't see how anyone can flash a phone in 10 minutes and guarantee everything including mms will work 100 %

chaloval

Look im not going to be back and forth with this conversation as it's not getting anywhere. When the flashing is done all settings are changed accordingly to make the phone work like its supposed to. If you still don't believe me its getting done right (mr supervisor) visit a corporate store near you. Hopefully they flash and you could supervise the flashing process. And I apologize if cricket decided to start flashing, for charging less for the flash, for "killing the already struggling dealers out there".
    Good night

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by chaloval View Post
    Look im not going to be back and forth with this conversation as it's not getting anywhere. When the flashing is done all settings are changed accordingly to make the phone work like its supposed to. If you still don't believe me its getting done right (mr supervisor) visit a corporate store near you. Hopefully they flash and you could supervise the flashing process. And I apologize if cricket decided to start flashing, for charging less for the flash, for "killing the already struggling dealers out there".
    Good night

Good morning.

Oh I believe that youre flashing phones and it's working for you. I have years of experience with FTT so I can tell you that it's not as perfect as you think it is but no matter. You have tor talking points to stick to. I used to be you so I understand.

Visiting the COS near me would do no good because they do a piss poor job of flashing. In fact they like it so little that they refer customers to certain dealers even though it costs more. There is no incentive for you to flash them, no bonus metric for net adds (unless of course Cricket has gotten that piece done already) so our local COS really doesnt like to do them.

I appreciate your apology although I wonder of its sincerity. COS employees have never been too fond of dealers in the markets I have been in. It's funny too because you'd think that a company would have a little more respect for the folks that do 80% of their business. Thanks though.
    Last edited by Woof; 06-09-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

kinda off topic of yalls converstion, but i had a person call me (from a craigslist post) about flashing a sprint evo 4g. Ask what a charged and bla bla bla, i told them my price for a full flash. And then, they just wanted a text/talk price gave them that price. I then asked, y not full if this is a comformed device that can be full flash with minimal problems! They then told me " I just need you to flash text/talk, so then i can go to the cricket store to get data working" LMFAO... i didnt wanna argue with this person, but i thought he was a retard! im not sure what theses stores are telling them

Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

lmao hahaha

chaloval

@nub, you would have to ask yourself a question first. Of they are going to a dealer ir cricket owned store? Customers see no difference, they think that just because it says cricket its the same company.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

true true, there wasnt no talking to this person lol . . . . what ever u tell them, it went right thru, but if they were going to a cricket dealer store, they could get the whole flashing there O_o and the coorprate store around here dont do any flashing THAT I KNOW OF!

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

ummm no thanks

I only recently started flashing phones and I already know I will NOT trust a corporate store to flash any phone for me. And from my personal experiences, I would rather go to a flasher that fully redoes the mms settings over anyone that just slaps in the mms.apk. sorry dealt with that screwed app once and that was too much for me (matter of fact, it was that screwed mms.apk app that made me decide to flash phones myself)

I don't want to start an argument, but the flashes are warranty for 7 Days for any MDN+MIN+Device Combo. This allows the store to handle porting. Then a 6 month warranty for all features related to flashing "Talk,Text,MMS,Web". The Mms.apk that people keep talking down on is not your ordinary Mms.apk.
    It doesn't have doubling Sms, Mms notifications. It doesn't double up on Mms images. Has Motorola fix built in etc. It works just like the stock Mms and Yes MMS works 100% on any android device where the apk is supported excluding a small amount of devices "Echo etc" If the device is listed to have Mms and is listed with Mms then that device will send and receive mms 100% everytime unless a fail was due to low service area, no web or 3g at the time etc. 4.0 on will be supported here soon, sense i've been swamped with other things we had a slow down in development.

The prices are governed for the area they are located in. I don't control pricing but I can tell you right now that not all corp stores are charging only 20 for a full flash.

Besides that this isn't even the topic of the matter, this should have been talked with over pm or in another thread any way. Sense this isn't the right thread to be talking about this.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post

Besides that this isn't even the topic of the matter, this should have been talked with over pm or in another thread any way. Sense this isn't the right thread to be talking about this.
    The OP is removed by me ... Seems like an open topic to me... I don't see anything wrong with different dealers voicing there opintions.

Sent from my Evo3D running ICS 4.0.3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information