Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

cricket bought iphone 5s problem, wont unlock

i purchased an iphone 5s in may 2014, at first it was on cdma network, and a week later i switched it to new cricket when they got their new sim cards in.

so from may 20th to now, i have had a cricket gms sim in my iphone, problem is they never registered my imei as the active line. so they will not unlock it, even though i chatted with a guy for hours and he registered it, they claim i purchased the iphone in may, but didnt activate it until 12/21.

even though they say i cant use it on another network, they dont understand that i wouldnt pay 649$ for a phone, and wait until 7 months to use it. so my problem is they will NOT unlock my iphone, but i want to sell it, but no one is buying cricket phones.

some people at the stores say that the phone will unlock after a year, but it wont be worth much may 2015. will my phone work on another network or is it just locked to cricket for good?

the way i see it, is them just handing me a sim card, its their fault for not programing my imei into their system for the unlock date to start. all i want is a note 3 but im stuck with this stupid iphone.

the bad part is its in like 9/10 condition, never been out of its life proof case, i have all the original stuff, but no one wants a cricket phone. can i go to a corporate store to get it unlocked?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

First, they can see online that you have been using that sim/ phone for months. Second, dont understand what "active line" means. Third, it should work on ATT "locked" since cricket is ATT. And i think you mean no one is buying cdma cricket phones which yours is not. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    First, they can see online that you have been using that sim/ phone for months. Second, dont understand what "active line" means. Third, it should work on ATT "locked" since cricket is ATT. And i think you mean no one is buying cdma cricket phones which yours is not. My 2 cents.
    yea active line bothers me too. they mean the imei is registered in their system. even though i can take the sim card out of the iphone and put it in any att or unlocked gsm. ill just keep bothering and praying they unlock :/

Thread Information