Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Cricket CDMA with Sim Card to New Cricket GSM

i speak to cricket they told me....

iPhones 4s to 5s can be put on CKT GSM no issue...

but Samsung s3, s4, s5 cricket cdma with sim card, you will has to TRADE it in for store credit using the cricket trade in program, then they turn around and give you Cricket GSM Samsung s3, s4 but you might have to pay the diffrenace if your Sam s3 or s4 is not in good shape.

other cricket reps told me... you should be able to take to cricket store and they can do some unlock to the cdma sim card phone and get it to work on cricket gsm but only if its a cricket branded deivce, but if you ask me sounds like a lie. the trade in program sounds more real to me.

i really dont think the ZTE Soruce or Sam s3, sam s4 will work on CKT GSM with out hacking the Radios & firmware. i think u will have to do the trade in program. explains why the FCC or FTC told the to offer trade in program.

This Post was also posted @ here: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...#ixzz32yCy7al9 but lets try to keep it all here. since this is the right section for it for all new Cricket GSM

let's keep this post moving and going.

tell us all your tricks, mods, what cricket did for you to get your Sam s3, sam s4 and or zte source on Cricket GSM. & if they did an unlock code or system update or what ever. Post People!

its Confirmed SAMSUNG GALAXY s4 CDMA from Cricket cant be on Cricket GSM

Heres my story
    how i found out for sure

not sure if i post it here or make new thred?.... any way customer came in with Samsung s4 CDMA i told them i cant put it on cricket GSM, only the iphones cdma

they told me i CAN it has sim slot NOW DO IT... i siad No... thye said now i said ok fine.... ill do it!

i Merge there account over from CDMA to GSM and put sim in and Poof Tells me " INVALID SIM " with no bars just a circle thing now !

they mad saying you should have told us it wont work.... ..?? ....
    i told them WTF get out now .... they said i want Refund & for you to put it back on CDMA so i can re-use my s4 on cricket cdma. you cant its now locked to GSM. no Reversal ->
    i said Wait here i got copy of CCTV with audio and show them they like what ever & left

i called Cricket they said ONLY ( iPhones CDMA will work on Cricket GSM ) not
    Samsung galaxy

s3, s4

they customer told me i hope you catch ( Potomac Horse Fever ) & die you pony!
    i told them you are BAN Never Return!

IF YOU FEEL THIS ENDING PART WAS TO MUCH PLEASE LET ME KNOW OR A MOD! so we can remove it!

Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 06-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

please tell me more about this "trade in program"

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    i speak to cricket they told me....

iPhones 4s to 5s can be put on CKT GSM no issue...

but Samsung s3, s4, s5 cricket cdma with sim card, you will has to TRADE it in for store credit using the cricket trade in program, then they turn around and give you Cricket GSM Samsung s3, s4 but you might have to pay the diffrenace if your Sam s3 or s4 is not in good shape.

other cricket reps told me... you should be able to take to cricket store and they can do some unlock to the cdma sim card phone and get it to work on cricket gsm but only if its a cricket branded deivce, but if you ask me sounds like a lie. the trade in program sounds more real to me.

i really dont think the ZTE Soruce or Sam s3, sam s4 will work on CKT GSM with out hacking the Radios & firmware. i think u will have to do the trade in program. explains why the FCC or FTC told the to offer trade in program.

This Post was also posted @ here: http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...#ixzz32yCy7al9 but lets try to keep it all here. since this is the right section for it for all new Cricket GSM

let's keep this post moving and going.

tell us all your tricks, mods, what cricket did for you to get your Sam s3, sam s4 and or zte source on Cricket GSM. & if they did an unlock code or system update or what ever. Post People!
    Except the iphones, none of the old cricket CDMA phones were built with the physical parts needed to connect to GSM frequencies. more info here
    http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...tml#post248587

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    please tell me more about this "trade in program"

https://rq.newcrickettradeup.com/

you can trade in as many devices as you want towards a single new phone!

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Customer Since

HTC One SV

So I can't find any articles I need for this phone. It is a sim card CDMA phone and I took to corporate store they said trade it in I bought this thing about 4 months ago basically brand new they will not give me anything close to What I paid for it. So I call "legacy cricket" old cricket. They say they have nothing but stupid 50$ mail in rebate and trade in. You got to be kidding me it's ludicrous. So I called new cricket after hours they finally gave me to a manager who spoke English Uh. I was able to hear this in a way that made sense to me. They said that he would more than happy to help me give me a refund or whatever they could do but as new cricket they have no info or connection to legacy cricket cuatomers. This outrages me tremendously but understand. How can the old cricket get bought out with even trying to take care of us loyal customers I'm very unhappy with this situation. Plus they will not code unlock my phone or firmware update it either. Ahhhhhhh so I was lied to when bought the phone said it was compatible on both networks. Told neither side could help I'm offered stupid trade in and a crappy 50 rebate or sign up with new cricket online and get a shitty generic smartphone worth not about as much as the piss I flush down the toilet. Or stay here on old cricket with my 4g phone on an ancient 3g network while new cricket steals towers and pirates the Olson crickets networks now my phone is worth shit so glad I am here with cricket such a piece of crap company on both sides can't I just get a decent cell company frustrated!!!!!!!!!

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

you cant use CDMA sim card phone on new Cricket..... ONLY iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c that are CRICKET BRANDED or most Verizon iphone 5, 5s.

any other Cricket CDMA with sim card slot you have to go here click here see what its worth ( must be in 99.9% good condition ) and they will give you a value for item. towards new GSM Cricket phone.

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Customer Since

Thanks

I was so happy that over the last couple years at cricket was starting to move towards a new better cricket and get better phones and better service and I was really happy with with cricket. I can't believe how quick it is treating their customers with this new Exchange it's ridiculous. But thank you I should have never gotten this phone thanks for the link you're giving me more information than iPad from searching the web for days and days and days.

Thanks

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Yeah $56 for a like new cricket s3 and $100 for a great condition vzw note 2. They can keep it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    Except the iphones, none of the old cricket CDMA phones were built with the physical parts needed to connect to GSM frequencies. more info here
    http://www.cricketusers.com/general-...tml#post248587

https://rq.newcrickettradeup.com/

you can trade in as many devices as you want towards a single new phone!
    ok what about this. i took in my laptop to show them
    cricket trade-up | Cricket Wireless

that site still has the triple value and the value over 100 +200$ trade.

shouldnt they have to honor that? they told me thats not even our site, if you want a GS4 GSM, trade your phone in for 150$

i was told may 16th my CDMA was worth 350, but no GSM were in store and wouldnt be until monday, so come in monday. so i did, and they said promo over.

i think they should have to honor that since its still online.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

wouldnt they have to honor the trade in value on
    cricket trade-up | Cricket Wireless

since they left it online and it does not have an expiration date. are you corporate dealer or independent?

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I know darn well my note 2 worth much more than $100. Try about 250 to 300. Thats nice for a company that wants to keep my 2 accounts. Now they tell me I have to spend over 800 to get 2 nice devices to work on the new network. Its not like I have 2 low line devices.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredl45600 View Post
    I know darn well my note 2 worth much more than $100. Try about 250 to 300. Thats nice for a company that wants to keep my 2 accounts. Now they tell me I have to spend over 800 to get 2 nice devices to work on the new network. Its not like I have 2 low line devices.

but what can we do?
    -switch to virgin mobile and get a 64GB iphone 5s for 524$?
    -do we trade our phones in that cost us 600, for 150, to get a phone the exact same, that they value at 479?
    -seriously, do we bring a class action lawsuit or just give in and buy their crappy line up of phones?
    -by the time they get the note or anything good like lg g2 or GS5, our cricket GS4 will be a 50$ trade in.

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I am looking at either switching the logic board with one from a broken at&t phone or straight talk.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Krdyt View Post
    but what can we do?
    -switch to virgin mobile and get a 64GB iphone 5s for 524$?
    -do we trade our phones in that cost us 600, for 150, to get a phone the exact same, that they value at 479?
    -seriously, do we bring a class action lawsuit or just give in and buy their crappy line up of phones?
    -by the time they get the note or anything good like lg g2 or GS5, our cricket GS4 will be a 50$ trade in.
    the person you talked to was correct, the trade-in website is not owned or operated by cricket. it's a third party company named "clover" they value and reimburse cricket for trade-ins. with the triple trade in 'promotion' i made sure i told customers it was a limited time offer like all sales. there never was a price guarantee. if enough people were to call the FCC or their representatives in Washington maybe something would happen

Quote Originally Posted by jaredl45600 View Post
    I am looking at either switching the logic board with one from a broken at&t phone or straight talk.
    Lol. i remember the one guy who was going to "put the galaxy logic board" into his ascend2. a week later he came in to buy a new phone and we never asked what happened.

the person you talked to was correct, the trade-in website is not owned or operated by cricket. it's a third party company named "clover" they value and reimburse cricket for trade-ins. with the triple trade in 'promotion' i made sure i told customers it was a limited time offer like all sales. there never was a price guarantee. if enough people were to call the FCC or their representatives in Washington maybe something would happen

Lol. i remember the one guy who was going to "put the galaxy logic board" into his ascend2. a week later he came in to buy a new phone and we never asked what happened.
    what about finding a new phone, cricket phones seem to be top dollar but limited in what bands and such they can use. but i got an iphone 5s, they said it would take 3-5 days for me to get service (i was gonna split my accounts, GS4 on legacy/cdma - iphone 5s on newcricket)

but now i just want to go on ebay, buy a GS3/GS4 that is GSM but im not sure which ones to look at. could you link me to one that would work on the new network? or tell me what to look for?

there is no way im trading my GS4 in for 150$ credit, towards a GSM that costs almost 500$. i just dont want to shop online and buy the wrong one.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

would the nexus 5 from google play work on newcricket for example?

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

the person you talked to was correct, the trade-in website is not owned or operated by cricket.

Domain Name: MYCRICKET.COM Registrar URL:
    Domain Names | The World's Largest Domain Name Registrar - GoDaddy

Registrant Name: Host Master Registrant Organization: Cricket Communications, Inc. Name Server: SD-P-EXTDNS.LEAPWIRELESS.COM Name Server: SD-P-EXTDNS2.LEAPWIRELESS.COM
    Name Server: DENDAPEDNS1.CRICKETCOMMUNICATIONS.COM Name Server: SANDAPSZEDNS1.CRICKETCOMMUNICATIONS.COM DNSSEC: unsigned

Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

The problem is that yes.... any gsm phone will work. But at&t uses a different frequency for 4glte than everyone else. So if I want 4glte, I will have to get either new cricket phones or at&t phones and unlock them.

My phones are in great condition and I am not made of money. I would buy a broken phone off ebay and rob the logic board to put in mine.

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information