Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Points: 117, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Customer Since
    May 2014
    Location
    Madison, NC
    Posts
    4



    Question Cricket Wireless Group Save Questions

    Does anyone know how to get a group save account?

    I plan to move over 4 phone lines from T-Mobile. Reps have told me I have to buy the first line with service and then build from there? Does website have option to buy 3 more SIMS and plans after I made the first account?

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    in the store we recommend starting all lines at once to get the group save discount up front. however you will get the group save discount automatically the first full month all lines are active. you should be able to buy as many sims as you need

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Points: 117, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Customer Since
    May 2014
    Location
    Madison, NC
    Posts
    4



    Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    in the store we recommend starting all lines at once to get the group save discount up front. however you will get the group save discount automatically the first full month all lines are active. you should be able to buy as many sims as you need
    So can I still do it online? Once I buy the first line, I'll give me an option to add more lines at the discounted rate?

    P.S My cricket stores (NC) charge me for the SIM Card, Rate plan and 25$ Activation fee. Ouch... I'm not rich..

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    Quote Originally Posted by Louie0647 View Post
    So can I still do it online? Once I buy the first line, I'll give me an option to add more lines at the discounted rate?

    P.S My cricket stores (NC) charge me for the SIM Card, Rate plan and 25$ Activation fee. Ouch... I'm not rich..
    you may have to purchase each line separate and pay the full price if you are adding lines after the first one. they will "pro-rate" the credit off the next bill though (a little confusing). the computer should compute all the charges. and yes it will be $25 activation+$10 sim for each line if you buy it online or not. the reps at the store should have suggested turning them on all at once to avoid this complication

  6. #5
    Member
    Points: 3,951, Level: 40
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Twilight_Sparkle's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Customer Since
    2006
    Location
    Visalia, CA 93292
    Posts
    234
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD



    ONLINE?
    should be
    $9.99 for sim & you pay $?.?? for 1st month & Free Activation

    IN STORE?
    should be
    Free Sim + $25 activation + you pay 1st month

    OTHER LOCATIONS?
    $9.99 or $15 for Sim + $25 activation + you pay 1st month

    Group Save is Fun...... you save so much money....

    Below is a quick look at the prices?
    ckt-plan.png
    Group
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-24-2014 at 09:35 PM.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Points: 117, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Customer Since
    May 2014
    Location
    Madison, NC
    Posts
    4



    So does the "pro-rate" mean they'll give me back the "60$" I spent on the first month when I was trying to activate it first on group save?

    The way I see it is that I'm paying 160 the first month and the 2nd month I should pay 100 (-60 from the first month) = 40$ For 2nd month.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    ONLINE?
    should be
    $9.99 for sim & you pay $?.?? for 1st month & Free Activation

    IN STORE?
    should be
    Free Sim + $25 activation + you pay 1st month

    OTHER LOCATIONS?
    $9.99 or $15 for Sim + $25 activation + you pay 1st month

    Group Save is Fun...... you save so much money....

    Below is a quick look at the prices?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CKT PLAN.png 
Views:	2755 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	4832
    Group
    online and in-store are all the same. if it is a cricket premier dealer. the prices are aligned across all channels now
    bring your own device=
    $10 sim + $25 activation + $first month

    cricket phone from cricket is
    free sim +$25 activation fee + $first month

    if all lines are not activated at once you will pay for the full first month when you add a line. if all lines are activated together at once you will get the group save discount right away

    Quote Originally Posted by Louie0647 View Post
    So does the "pro-rate" mean they'll give me back the "60$" I spent on the first month when I was trying to activate it first on group save?

    The way I see it is that I'm paying 160 the first month and the 2nd month I should pay 100 (-60 from the first month) = 40$ For 2nd month.
    i was wrong before about getting the discount when you add a line, you will get the group save price adding another line, however you still have to pay for that line's full first month bill

    add a line pay $firstmonth minus group save discount, next month you get group save price for that line minus the prorate for the extra days you paid for
    line 1 starts on day 1, then add a second line on day 5 you will pay for 30 days of service on the second line minus group save discount, next bill will be due when line1 was activated
    here is the math for what that next bill will be=
    ((line1 plus line2) minus group save) minus prorate for 5 days of service from line2
    Last edited by indica; 05-25-2014 at 12:51 PM.

  9. #8
    Member
    Points: 1,480, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Location
    Chaparral (Nuevo México), United States
    Posts
    145
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4



    to bad auto pay credit doesnt apply and i wonder what happens with the lifeline discounts?

  10. #9
    Member
    Points: 3,951, Level: 40
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Twilight_Sparkle's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Customer Since
    2006
    Location
    Visalia, CA 93292
    Posts
    234
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD



    Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    online and in-store are all the same. if it is a cricket premier dealer. the prices are aligned across all channels now
    bring your own device=
    $10 sim + $25 activation + $first month

    cricket phone from cricket is
    free sim +$25 activation fee + $first month

    if all lines are not activated at once you will pay for the full first month when you add a line. if all lines are activated together at once you will get the group save discount right away



    i was wrong before about getting the discount when you add a line, you will get the group save price adding another line, however you still have to pay for that line's full first month bill

    add a line pay $firstmonth minus group save discount, next month you get group save price for that line minus the prorate for the extra days you paid for
    line 1 starts on day 1, then add a second line on day 5 you will pay for 30 days of service on the second line minus group save discount, next bill will be due when line1 was activated
    here is the math for what that next bill will be=
    ((line1 plus line2) minus group save) minus prorate for 5 days of service from line2

    im like no joke.... the last person on earth to get Updates or even a note saying prices & changes lol... as u can see im still a All in one store not exclusive lol

    ---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    to bad auto pay credit doesnt apply and i wonder what happens with the lifeline discounts?
    dont quote me on this but from what i can tell LIFE LINE only qualify for CDMA Cricket Network unsure right now if cricket GSM gets it. the booklet we got only has cdma prices.

    ---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    to bad auto pay credit doesnt apply and i wonder what happens with the lifeline discounts?
    dont quote me on this but from what i can tell LIFE LINE only qualify for CDMA Cricket Network unsure right now if cricket GSM gets it. the booklet we got only has cdma prices.

  11. #10
    Member
    Points: 1,480, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Location
    Chaparral (Nuevo México), United States
    Posts
    145
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4



    Just found this at the bottom of the website and nothing states that is only for CDMA accounts so it may still applied for the new Cricket.


    https://www.cricketwireless.com/o/su.../overview.html





  12. #11
    Member
    Points: 3,951, Level: 40
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Twilight_Sparkle's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 35
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Customer Since
    2006
    Location
    Visalia, CA 93292
    Posts
    234
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD



    Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    Just found this at the bottom of the website and nothing states that is only for CDMA accounts so it may still applied for the new Cricket.


    https://www.cricketwireless.com/o/su.../overview.html


    When I move to a new Cricket plan will I be able to keep my Lifeline credit?
    When you transition to the new Cricket GSM network and rate plan, you will not be able to keep your Lifeline credit. However, our new Cricket rate plans are affordable offering great service at a great price without all the paperwork. Explore new Cricket rate plans
    here


    .

    Info was found on this link ->
    click here


    Half way down the page before CKT Locations

    The ANSWER is NO, YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR ( LIFE LINE ) and move it to the CKT GSM, its only for CKT CDMA






    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-25-2014 at 09:40 PM.

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Points: 112, Level: 2
    Overall activity: 9.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Customer Since
    2010
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    4



    I had a friend who referred someone and availed $25 credits for both referee and referrer

    but I think group save works this way

    main account upon activation is $10 (sim or BYOD kit) + $25 (activation number fee) if u don't want to port ur number...+ first month usage...

    if you goin to add the second line its not eligible for a group save credits
    group save starts at 3rd line u add.. but the talk, txt which is $25 is not eligible for a group save credits...credits is for basic ($40) smart ($50), and pro ($60) only....
    so the third line will be $10 credits every Cricket pay before date...the next line will $20 that would be the 4th line u added... then next would be $30 credits...so on..just up $90 credits per group plan is allowed.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    Quote Originally Posted by ivee050015 View Post
    I had a friend who referred someone and availed $25 credits for both referee and referrer

    but I think group save works this way

    main account upon activation is $10 (sim or BYOD kit) + $25 (activation number fee) if u don't want to port ur number...+ first month usage...

    if you goin to add the second line its not eligible for a group save credits
    group save starts at 3rd line u add.. but the talk, txt which is $25 is not eligible for a group save credits...credits is for basic ($40) smart ($50), and pro ($60) only....
    so the third line will be $10 credits every Cricket pay before date...the next line will $20 that would be the 4th line u added... then next would be $30 credits...so on..just up $90 credits per group plan is allowed.
    not so accurate.
    No, GSM will not get lifeline
    Yes group save discounts will be applied when you add your second line!
    NO online orders do not charge the $25 activation fee (this is losing jobs and closing stores)
    your second smart phone line will receive -$10 discount when you activate it. third line is -$20 fourth and fifth lines get -$30 discounts no matter what plan you chose except the $25 plan

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Points: 923, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Gotham City, NJ
    Posts
    7



    Here is my conversation with Cricket today:

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Batman: is the group saving only available to new additional line and cannot be seen as adding existing lines to my account to get the discount?
    Borginny: Actually the group save discount is automatically recognized if you add lines to an existing account. They work in the following way 1 lines = no discount, 2 lines = 10.00 discount, 3 lines = 30.00 discount, 4 lines = 60.00 discount and 5 lines = 100.00 discount.
    Batman: but the lines to be added to my account has to be new customer right?
    Borginny: It is not necessary for them to be new customers. If the lines are already active in separate accounts, you can merge them into a single account.
    Batman: and get the group discount?
    Borginny: That's right. Just please take in mind that for the lines to get the discount must be in a 40.00 plan or higher as the 25.00 plan doesn't qualify.
    Batman: so, how do I add existing account under me to get the group discount?
    Borginny: If you know the line's account access information (PIN code or security answer) we can access to the other line and merge it into your account
    Batman: I see. Thanks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Is that mean we can open a thread for people to group together and get that $100 discount in this forum?

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Points: 21,620, Level: 92
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    indica's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,317
    Phone
    samsung Chrono



    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Is that mean we can open a thread for people to group together and get that $100 discount in this forum?
    i can see good and bad things coming out of that idea

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner