Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    June 2011
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 1320

Question Device Financing...warning..kinda long

​Currently I am a CDMA Cricket customer. I have a Galaxy S4 financed thru Fortiva. Next month I will be paying off my phone. I'm not planning to trade it in since dad wants it for a music player to hook up to his car.

I was hoping to be able to use my existing Fortiva account to finance a new device, preferably the Galaxy S5. I got nowhere asking about it on Facebook.

A couple weeks ago I went to the local corporate store here in Houston, TX to ask about the financing and also to look at the new phones.
    The representative told me:
    1) Corporate locations no longer finance thru Fortiva. Only use Progressive Financial.
    2) Progressive is declining credit to all customers who financed via Fortiva.
    3) Financing thru Fortiva can only be done at an authorized dealer.

Was the representative correct in what she said? If I do go to an authorized dealer rather than a corporate store can I finance using my existing Fortiva account?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

#2 makes no sense. Once you fotiva account is closed, progressive shoukd never know you had it. If its still active I can see progressive not wanting to do it.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Mercury

Yes you can. I too used for fortiva for my s4 and paid it off. I asked fortiva what if I want another device and they said no problem just use your same account number. I then used my same fortiva account number to get the s5 last week at an authorized dealer. Matter of fact this was also something new to the dealer because they were trying to make me reapply until I showed them my email from fortiva saying I could just put it on my existing account number. No need to reapply or anything. Love this gs5 but really need someone to show me a way around this no hot situation. I need my hot spot!

Thread Information