Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Forced to use AREA CODE to dial out?

every customer i did a New Cricket GSM activation for using BYOP..... ( don't know about cricket branded gsm phones yet? ... since my master agent not send me any new ckt gsm phones yet )

but here is the issue:
    after i test call the phone it does not work with just XXX-XXXX i have to do (XXX) XXX-XXXX then the call gets places, i called cricket they has no clue, i called my master agent... still no clue so i tell all customers MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE CONTACTS LIST AND ADD AREA CODE + when dialing out with out using contacts!
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-27-2014 at 06:20 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    It's life, live it!
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    every customer i did a New Cricket GSM activation for using BYOP..... ( don't know about cricket branded gsm phones yet? ... since my master agent not send me any new ckt gsm phones yet )

but here is the issue:
    after i test call the phone it does not work with just XXX-XXXX i have to do (XXX) XXX-XXXX then the call gets places, i called cricket they has no clue, i called my master agent... still no clue so i tell all customers MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE CONTACTS LIST AND ADD AREA CODE + when dialing out with out using contacts!
    Every GSM device I have ever used has been like this. This has been the norm for most large metropolitan areas where multiple area codes overlap as local numbers. It was instituted some 14 or so years and will continue to be necessary as the amount of telephone numbers grows and expands. You should start educating your customers to include the area code with all numbers as this is more and more important. I found this to be a requirement for text messaging already, so you shouldn't run into this too often.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Every GSM device I have ever used has been like this. This has been the norm for most large metropolitan areas where multiple area codes overlap as local numbers. It was instituted some 14 or so years and will continue to be necessary as the amount of telephone numbers grows and expands. You should start educating your customers to include the area code with all numbers as this is more and more important. I found this to be a requirement for text messaging already, so you shouldn't run into this too often.
    this makes since.... we do have over lapping numbrs..... so bad that we went from area code 209 back in 1998 to area code 559 to make more phone numbers so sad.... that we all had to change phone numbers o area codes on business cards banners back in 1999 lol

Thread Information