Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

HTC One M8 AT&T - Will it work with Cricket's New GSM Service?

i was wondering if my htc one m8 from at&t will work with crickets new gsm's service.
    be able to get 4GLTE , 4G etc thanks !

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

4g and LTE should work on any at&t 4g/lte devices

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

^ What he said. It will work perfectly.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

so if i buy an att lg g2 or something like that, would it work on the GSM? i bought an iphone 5s, they bamboozled me on my trade in of CDMA GS4...

also, would it be best to go to an ATT store and buy it outright or try to find used ATT phones on craigslist (or would either work, and just be a matter of preference?)

i promise id rather give the phone away, than take 150 for it, in trade, for THE SAME PHONE! i cant believe cricket did this to me! their store wasnt open sunday, even if it was, they didnt get their phones till monday!

since
    cricket trade-up | Cricket Wireless

is still up and not exp date listed, i think they should have to honor that deal, but the Corp store guy basically said 'so sue us, see how far you get'

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Yes, Krdyt. All AT&T devices are compatible with the New Cricket. Either buying from the store outright, or buying used on CL, but you need to make sure the IMEI is not blacklisted/banned from activation. I would recommend running the ESN/IMEI through swappa's esn check.

Quote Originally Posted by RLockwich View Post
    Yes, Krdyt. All AT&T devices are compatible with the New Cricket. Either buying from the store outright, or buying used on CL, but you need to make sure the IMEI is not blacklisted/banned from activation. I would recommend running the ESN/IMEI through swappa's esn check.
    RLockwich. i went to att and i was going to buy the LG Flex, but the guy there said it wouldnt work on anything but ATT untuil it was unlocked, i asked since im buying it for retail price would they unlock it he said no i had to wait a year. so if i buy the phone from ATT new, which is what id rather do, and take it to cricket it will work, or does it need unlocked? i noticed some people charge a premium for unlocked, normally 100$ more or so. id like to buy lg g2 m8 or flex but everyone says something different, and he wanted to get that sale, so he gave me quote, for 2 lines, it was like 160$, and even though i would be paying pre pay, cause i have bad credit, id buy the phones, and they would want a 500$ deposit to start a line for me. and even though if i decided after two months i didnt like it, they keep the 500$....

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Krdyt View Post
    RLockwich. i went to att and i was going to buy the LG Flex, but the guy there said it wouldnt work on anything but ATT untuil it was unlocked, i asked since im buying it for retail price would they unlock it he said no i had to wait a year. so if i buy the phone from ATT new, which is what id rather do, and take it to cricket it will work, or does it need unlocked? i noticed some people charge a premium for unlocked, normally 100$ more or so. id like to buy lg g2 m8 or flex but everyone says something different, and he wanted to get that sale, so he gave me quote, for 2 lines, it was like 160$, and even though i would be paying pre pay, cause i have bad credit, id buy the phones, and they would want a 500$ deposit to start a line for me. and even though if i decided after two months i didnt like it, they keep the 500$....
    we were told att and go phones do not need to be unlocked, but i'm wary of that until i actually try it. but that ATT guy lied to your face, here is the link to att's policy

Unlock your AT&T wireless phone or tablet

for a non contract device purchased in full you still need 60 days of service and to be in good standing.
    for a go-phone you need service for 6 months!
    contracted att phones must fullfill the contract

p.s. you never need to deposit on a pre-paid. that dealer was setting you up!

Last edited by indica; 06-05-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    we were told att and go phones do not need to be unlocked, but i'm wary of that until i actually try it. but that ATT guy lied to your face, here is the link to att's policy

Unlock your AT&T wireless phone or tablet

for a non contract device purchased in full you still need 60 days of service and to be in good standing.
    for a go-phone you need service for 6 months!
    contracted att phones must fullfill the contract

p.s. you never need to deposit on a pre-paid. that dealer was setting you up!
    indica, these are the rules. so im not an ATT customer or previous customer, are the first two a must, then the rest just to qualify?

You must meet the following requirements to unlock an AT&T wireless device:

• The person requesting the unlock code must be one of the following:
      • A current AT&T customer
      • A former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account

• Your device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
    • Your device must be paid for in full.
    • Your device wasn't reported lost or stolen.

the ones in blue, i have covered, the ones in red, are those a must?

Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Krdyt View Post
    indica, these are the rules. so im not an ATT customer or previous customer, are the first two a must, then the rest just to qualify?

You must meet the following requirements to unlock an AT&T wireless device:

• The person requesting the unlock code must be one of the following:
      • A current AT&T customer
      • A former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account

• Your device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
    • Your device must be paid for in full.
    • Your device wasn't reported lost or stolen.

the ones in blue, i have covered, the ones in red, are those a must?
    If you want to unlock an att phone then yes, you must be able to prove it's your phone. my co-worker activated an att phone just the other day and it was someone's old phone before they upgraded. she did not have to call att to get it unlocked, but we could be wrong. we were told no att or go-phones needed unlocking to get on new cricket GSM

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    If you want to unlock an att phone then yes, you must be able to prove it's your phone. my co-worker activated an att phone just the other day and it was someone's old phone before they upgraded. she did not have to call att to get it unlocked, but we could be wrong. we were told no att or go-phones needed unlocking to get on new cricket GSM
    i got a mint new in box LG G2 from ebay, ATT unlocked. it worked perfect with the new cricket,soon as they put in the sim card. i was told it doesnt even need unlocked.

only problem is for some reason i have to do full area code when caling out, not sure why. my contacts have my area code already in but if i try another number thats not in my contacts, i have to use 937-xxx-xxxx. is there a way to fix that?

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

I think thats just a gsm thing. Like I will have to dial 513. I didnt think I would see someone that close to me on here.

sent from your phone

ive seen quite a few people from ohio here. isnt cricket biggest in the east coast and ohio?

Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Not sure. But it makes sense

sent from your phone

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2014

Hi, I'm new to this website so please bear with me. I plan to by an unlocked HTC one M8 directly from HTC website. will I wont have problems if I use it with Cricket? Thanks for the replies.

Overall activity: 9.0%

Customer Since
    Aug. 2014

I think you can use it if it was with ATT because they lease the same networks of ATT.

Thread Information