Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where do i get a good phone that will work with new cricket?

ive been looking on craigslist, also ebay has some good deals. id like the lg flex, or lg g2.

would it be best to buy an unlocked ATT GSM, or is an unlocked verizon the same? all i see is 'unlocked works on tmobile ATT' etc...

what should i look for? i dont wanna drop 300-400$ an the phone not work. please any advice would help.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

swappa .com you can get S4 for $260+ or Moto X $240+ and more also Chris some links to ebay as well

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

i just bought well not just bough i order last friday a Moto Atrix HD and came in mail yesterda & so far... works great on New Cricket GSM its a AT&T Moto Atrx HD

i bought it from ebay ebay has a few No a lot of shady phones... before you buy check
    1. Seller Rattings
    2. Sell Feed Back
    3. Sell Locations...... ? Nigeria?
    4. Sell 14 to 30 Day Warranty?
    5. Ebay buyer Protection
    6. make sure they list phone is CLEAN ESN/MEID/IMEI ( fail to provide it can be your ault for not reading AS-IS or sold with minor issues.
    7. make sure photos are listed as device u are buying
    8. why? all 1 to 7>? simple shows they lie if it no come the righr way!

my photo was lsited to come with a few scuf marks and scratches and stuff...

phone came in mail Poof new Looking with all palstics still on it with no marks or damages lol.... i think they sent the wrong one but me no compalie lol!
    Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-30-2014 at 03:02 PM.

would this phone work with new cricket? its a gs4 from ATT. does it have to say unlocked or anything like that? what worries me is at the bottom there is a thing that says THIS PHONE WILL ONLY WORK WITH ATT

RB Samsung Galaxy s 4 SGH I337 16GB White Frost at T Smartphone B | eBay

Product Identifiers
    Brand Samsung
    MPN SGH-I337ZWAATT
    Carrier AT&T
    Family Line Samsung Galaxy S 4
    Model SGH-I337
    UPC 887276853956, 887276988139
    Type Smartphone

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

as long its ATT phones which is NOT reported lost/stolen

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

Phone also has to be unlocked had a at&t s4 that was clean but was not unlocked. Phone didn't work because of that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

it doesnt need to be unlocked for Cricket GSM.

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Phone
    Mercury

That's what I thought too, bought sim activated it, popped in phone, didn't work. Called customer service said my phone needed to be unlocked. Just sharing my experience.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

my master dealer told me that just cuz Cricket is AT&T, DOES NOT MEAN that 10% of AT&T phones will work on Cricket GSM!

they said that about 10% of AT&T phones are sim locked to most sim cards to prevent them from buying phone super cheap and leave.

its mostly on GoPhones he said..... so it does kinda matter but thats like 10%......

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You lost me at GoPhone :-). Just kidding..

If your goal is to get something that is LTE compatible on Cricket then just look for locked OR unlocked AT&T LTE phones.

When buying online, be sure to pay via Paypal and DO NOT send it as a gift unless you really trust the person. I purchased a Note 2 from someone on Craigslist, and 2 MONTHS later, it was reported as stolen. I think they committed insurance fraud. At least with eBay you can see their historical feedback and base your judgement off of that.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    You lost me at GoPhone :-). Just kidding..

If your goal is to get something that is LTE compatible on Cricket then just look for locked OR unlocked AT&T LTE phones.

When buying online, be sure to pay via Paypal and DO NOT send it as a gift unless you really trust the person. I purchased a Note 2 from someone on Craigslist, and 2 MONTHS later, it was reported as stolen. I think they committed insurance fraud. At least with eBay you can see their historical feedback and base your judgement off of that.
    i activated a iphone 5 at&t on cricket gsm and poof no LTE..... not even 4g speeds this is sad to know.
    i did try moto atrix hd and poof lte.... so i wounder if its all the different frequencies!

so i guess we has to worry about what device to buy now.... knowing that not all will get LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    i activated a iphone 5 at&t on cricket gsm and poof no LTE..... not even 4g speeds this is sad to know.
    i did try moto atrix hd and poof lte.... so i wounder if its all the different frequencies!

so i guess we has to worry about what device to buy now.... knowing that not all will get LTE
    It depends when it was made I think forth bands as I don't think yours was from At$t

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

i JUST bought an iphone 5s a few days before the merger, are you saying there is a possibility that if i switch to NCricket, that wont work? they said 100% thats not even a question when i got it. they said basically thats the only one guaranteed to work...

It has to be a year old or newer and their is a guide on this site for iPhone

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Check an setting and bring it to the Corporate cricket store

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Krdyt View Post
    i JUST bought an iphone 5s a few days before the merger, are you saying there is a possibility that if i switch to NCricket, that wont work? they said 100% thats not even a question when i got it. they said basically thats the only one guaranteed to work...
    cricket iphone 4s, 5c, 5s will work with new cricket. it is guranteed! LTE speeds maybe not. not all areas are covered with lte even, but you will get HSPA+ "4g" in almost all areas. new cricket speeds are LTE= 8mbps and HSPA+ = 4mbps

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

something must be wrong. those devices are capable of LTE on att network. did you update iOS? that's the most frequent issue i found when i googled the problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information