Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since
    June 2014

Why is it so hard to get Cricket account with 4 lines?

On a surface, it looked like a deal. 4 lines for $100 taxes/fees included. If I stayed with T-mobile's and got their simple choice it would be $100 + taxes/fees.

I gave myself 2 weeks to port the 4 lines from T-mobile, plenty of time, right?

It turned out, you can activate 1 line first to get more lines. No problem, right?
    I ordered first phone on Sunday, got it on Wednesday (I thought it was supposed to be next day service?). I activated first line. So far so good.

I tried to order 3 more phones and port those numbers, but no, apparently you can do one phone at a time. What???????? Nowhere in the help/FAQ it was disclosed/explained.

But wait, it's getting better. I got email yesterday, the second order was cancelled. No explanation given, except for phone # to porting dept. I got on the phone to them first thing in AM today hoping to resolve and expedite the issue. The lady who answered did nothing but gave me "ticket" #. I'm supposed to wait for them to call me. When I jokingly asked if the call back will be sometime this week, the lady replied seriously that she can't promise when the "issue" will be resolved. This is no good!

Now, I 'm fuming already. My T-mobile service ends in a couple of days and looks like I'm running out of time to port 3 of numbers.

One more thing, I got another email informed me the referral was denied too.

Way to friendly welcome new customers, Cricket!

Honestly, I wish I stayed with T-Mobile at this point.

I'm pretty sure now Cricket does everything possible to avoid paying group discounts.

Convince me I should deal with all this BS.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Not going to try to convince you to stay. However, I would have recommended (yep, hindsight) that you go to a corporate store rather than try to do something that complex on line. With my luck, nothing like that ever works out. EVER. So I will pay the extra bucks and deal with people. Stuff still happens, but it's taken care of more quickly.

Customer Since
    June 2014

Update:

So far, I called the customer service number, and was put on hold and disconnected TWICE.

Then I tried the online chat and the first 2 chats were duds (no one responded). The third one was good and the person (Jose) was nice but could not help me. He transferred me to a "dealer chat". After the transfer that took forever, the "dealer" looked up my case and was not able to help. I was told to wait and come back in 24-72 hrs.

So, yes, people who said Cricket's CS sucked were exactly right.

You don't treat new customers trying to open service like that. Based on my experience so far I will not stay with Cricket much if any.

Now, I understood the store option, but in my case it's a $100 fee for 4 phones.

If this is the only way to fix the situation, I'm not a happy camper.
    Last edited by friendly_jacek; 06-17-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

You need to go to a corporate store. The new website has been live 1 month now and is going to have bugs, probably bugs on the back end as well.

If I were you I would either go into a Cricket Store or look up the closest Cricket store and call them if you can't go. It's a different level of service.

Customer Since
    June 2014

I'm not going to the store as it costs $$. I switched to Cricket to save $$ and not to spend more $$.
    The workaround that worked for me so far was to cancel the pending order/port through the regular CS in south america (no one called me back or did anything at the porting department) and reorder online WITHOUT porting request (new Cricket number). The phone #2 is in the mail.
    I will do the same with line #3 and #4.
    Looks like Cricket has huge problems with porting numbers, even from major carriers like mine.
    The good experience at the CS calling center in south america was encouraging.
    It's amazing that Cricket has many different CS phone numbers. Some of them suck big time and some of them actually work.

unfortunately, new cricket is just like old cricket when it comes to helping people through any issues they may have. I cringe anytime i have an issue whatsoever, because i know that i'll get in contact with a cricket representative that honestly knows next to nothing about what you want done.

No, it really isnt much better if any better in person.

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

I can't make a judgement on the "New Cricket" yet and I don't think we should yet. The reason I say this is some of the call centers still operating belonged to the old cricket and the employees at the corporate store here haven't changed, although they have received a bit more training.

I think in a year we will know if it is going to be better or worse on the customer service side.

This also isn't the same as many other purchases of companies we have seen in the past few years. AT&T is keeping the Cricket name as a separate business, not rolling it into there primary operation. When Verizon bought out Alltel they rolled them into there primary operation, getting rid of the Alltel name which was picked up by another company. When T-Mobile bought MetroPCS they did the same as well.

For the most part I think we are in uncharted waters as far as this type of acquisition goes and I believe it would be best to give them time and see what happens.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i can speculate the issue was started by a delayed or denied port-in from t-mobile. either the incorrect information was provided or something else. you get what you pay for as far as ordering online. My team would have this resolved before you left the store, with all 4 lines active. Plus you would have been putting food on my plate.

Customer Since
    June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    i can speculate the issue was started by a delayed or denied port-in from t-mobile. either the incorrect information was provided or something else.
    Well, you speculation is incorrect. There reason I know, T-mobile released the number to Cricket already. This created a huge problem to me as T-mobile is refusing to close the old account with the porting process pending. I think the problem was with the Cricket website somehow messing up the process. The worst part is I have been trying to reach the Cricket's porting department for days and no one answers or returns a call. I left several messages since. This is weird as I got through on the first try on Monday AM. They obviously didn't fix it then.

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    My team would have this resolved before you left the store, with all 4 lines active. Plus you would have been putting food on my plate.
    I'm sure you would. $100 in not cheap for me though.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

haha $100 is not cheap for me either! there is no porting department for new cricket as far as i know. hopefully someone is working to fix your problems though, there is a good back office team.

Customer Since
    June 2014

I just got phone #3 and ordered phone #4. I should get it before the end of the month. The process started on 6/8/14. Next to worry: will the referral appeal go through? Will the phone rebates x4 go through? I'll keep you posted.

Customer Since
    June 2014

OK, I have 4 lines up and running as of yesterday. Only one ported # thought.
    Summary of issues and glitches:

6/8/14: I tried to order the first phone and requested number port. My credit card rejected the charge. Bank called me asking if this was a fraud (do they know something about Cricket I don't?). I said no. Charge went through eventually, phone ordered. I got the phone several days later with a number ported from T-mobile. Works fine. So far so good.

6/15/14 activated first phone and ordered second. Next day I got email the order was canceled by Cricked due to porting complication, but still showing in my account as pending and can't reorder. I called CS and was given ticket number, no other assistance.

6/18/14 No calls from Cricked regarding the issue. I called CS to cancel the "pending" order that was supposed to be already canceled. They said they "canceled" it again. I ordered phone #2 with Cricket number (sick of porting by now). The website didn't show order confirmation to print out, but it went through.

6/20/14 I tried to cancel my existing T-mobile service to prevent another month of charges. No go according to T-mobile as the number port #2 is still pending. Weird, I was told by cricket it was canceled. I called Cricker porting number numerous times. Bo one answers the calls and no one calls back.

6/20/14. I got the second phone, activated, and ordered the third, again Cricket number. The website didn't show order confirmation to print out, but it went through.

6/25/14. I got the third phone and tried to activate, but it said it was already activated. I checked my account and it stated activated on 6/22/14 while the phone was in transit by UPS. Weird glitch? I ordered phone #4 with Cricket number. This time I printed order confirmation from the website (they fixed the glitch?).

I got the phone on 6/27 and I tried to activate. Could not and the website tells me I owe $10. WTF? The phone was prepaid! I needed the phone so I tried to pay the stupid $10. The Cricket website froze after I put the credit card info. I tried again. Same thing, blank page. Calling CS again. Long conversation and the lady is clues and gives me a ticket number again. Not again! They never call back! I checked my credit card statement. The payment for the last phone shows up as pending. Sure enough the payment is not showing up on my Cricket account. I called CS again and explained the issue. Another lady manually puts the credit in account. Bingo! Activated now.

This was a very long and painful process. Somewhere at the very beginning they sent me email informing the $25 referral bonus was denied. I replied and never heard back. I wasted at least 20 hrs calling or chatting Cricket. They never call back regarding left messages or opened tickets.

The phone service is pretty decent on the other hand, so itís a mixed experience. I would not personally recommend Cricket until they work out the bugs out form their ordering and porting. Part of their problems is the main account doesn't show all payment posted. Mine is not showing payments for phone #1 and #4 and that likely caused my complications.

Alternatively, one should go through their dealers and pay a fee to simplify this ordeal.
    Last edited by friendly_jacek; 06-30-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Wow! Your luck is worse than mine. I'm impressed.

Thread Information