Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Moto E

Overall activity: 5.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Moto E

More Info:
    click here

for specs
    Moto Site:
    click here

i wounder will Cricket get this as well as AT&T & other carriers?

Networks

US GSM Model:
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+ up to 21 Mbps (850, 1700 (AWS), 1900 MHz)
    Requires a microSIM card (not included)

Global GSM Model:
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    UMTS/HSPA+ up to 21 Mbps (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    Requires a microSIM card (not included)

CDMA Model Coming Soon!
    CDMA/EVDO Rev A (850, 1900 MHz)Moto Site:

Last edited by Twilight_Sparkle; 05-24-2014 at 09:48 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Honestly, I think the Moto G will be a better selection for most people vs the E. Resolution wise, front facing camera, battery, etc.

GPU 305 vs 301...

The list would probably go on. It has less internal memory BUT a MicroSD card slot.

From 9 to 5 Google

Full Comparison: Moto E vs Moto G vs Moto X (4K video)

Currently, Motorola seems to be the king of budget smartphones. With the launch of the
    Moto G (9.99)

and more recently
    the Moto E

(9.99)

, it seems like Motorola has a smartphone tier for just about anyone. Motorolaís Moto X has also
    dropped in price to 9.99 off contract

and just barely graces the budget phone border.

The good news is, there are plenty of budget Motorola devices to choose from, but now youíll have to make a decision. Which one is the best for you? Letís find out in our Moto showdown.

There are clear advantages to each of
    Motorolaís Moto options

. The Moto E only requires a small investment, but lacks serious specifications. The Moto G is the ďhappy medium,Ē bringing decent performance, but at half the price of the Moto X which is the best Moto you can buy at the moment. Starting off at the top of the food chain, the Moto X is a flagship device that flirts with high-end specs, but how much better can it be over its budget competition?

Moto X specs:

• 4.7-inch AMOLED display 720 x 1280 (316 PPI)
    • Motorola X8 dual-core 1.7GHz (Snapdragon S4 Pro) processor
    • Adreno 320 GPU
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 16/32GB of storage (depending on model)
    • 2,200mAh battery

On the backside youíll find a 10-megapixel camera capable of 1080p video along with an LED flash and speaker. The front is home to a 2-megapixel camera, earpiece, and the appropriate sensors. One thing that I can attest to is the amazing battery life the Moto X offers. It was one of the strong points in my use and along with that, you can customize your Moto X
    using Moto Maker

. The downside is, youíll be stuck with the storage variation that you choose as the Moto X doesnít offer expandable storage.

Moto G specs:

• 4.5-inch IPS display 720 x 1280 (329 PPI)
    • Qual-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon 400 processor
    • Adreno 305 GPU
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 8/16GB of storage (depending on model)
    • 2,070mAh battery

With the Moto G youíre getting a decent device on a budget.
    Starting at just 9

, the Moto G offers customization via removable backplates, a 5-megapixel camera rear camera (720p video), LED flash, a small speaker, and a 1.3-megapixel front facing camera. This device isnít going to outperform the Moto X, but itís a strong contender. Motorola also launched an LTE version that includes a Micro SD card slot for storage expansion.

Moto E specs:

• 4.3-inch display 540 x 960 (256 PPI)
    • Dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 200 processor
    • Adreno 302 GPU
    • 1GB of RAM
    • 4GB of storage (Expandable via SD card slot)
    • 1,980mAh battery

Obviously, the Moto E takes the cake for cheapest smartphone. Donít worry though, just because itís inexpensive, doesnít mean itís bad. The Moto E has a 5-megapixel rear camera, but unfortunately, it lacks auto-focus capabilities. Thatís right, no auto-focus or even an LED flash. Also, the Moto E only has 4GB of internal storage, but luckily you can add an additional 32GB via the Micro SD card slot. Surprisingly, the front-facing speaker on the Moto E is decent. Itís nothing in comparison to the HTC One M8, but I found it to be more than acceptable for consuming media.

Sure, youíre probably better off spending an
    additional for the Moto G

, but for light users, the
    Moto E will get the job done

. I did notice several stutters while using the Moto E, but for the price itís hard to complain.

Out of these three phones, thereís definitely a winner, but it also depends on how much youíre willing to spend. The Moto X is packed with tons of features that we didnít get a chance to cover in this showdown, but without a doubt itís the top-tier Moto smartphone. If youíre looking for the best budget Motorola option, youíll probably be happy with the Moto G over the Moto E. Unless youíre a very light smartphone user, the Moto E is going to be a tough phone to deal with long-term, but then again,
    itís only 9.99

. Which Moto smartphone do you prefer?
    Moving to Motorola section.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-24-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

omg... i forgot to place it in the MOTO SECTION bad pony bad.... my bad everyone...

Yes the Moto G, would be a lot better, i though i would post this though.... so people could see it was coming out... & to show people they are better devices then the MOTO E, just letting our cricket users know what not to and what to buy so they can leave reviews for each phone.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Discussion is always good. I'm trying to reorganize some of the forums so we can have our Cricket section and then CDMA flashing.

Tons of work to do to keep this site alive.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    Discussion is always good. I'm trying to reorganize some of the forums so we can have our Cricket section and then CDMA flashing.

Tons of work to do to keep this site alive.
    thats good to know that i did something good.

We do need to provide more info and more sections for LOTS of Carriers, Devices, and Brands to keep the site active & provide great results for all the info they will need and to share the info they got including Tweaks, prices, hacks...., break thoughs, & more.

THE ONE PLACE TO FIND IT ALL then to have to search the search sites.

Customer Since
    May 2013
    Phone
    Galaxy Ex i437z

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Sparkle View Post
    omg... i forgot to place it in the MOTO SECTION bad pony bad.... my bad everyone...

Yes the Moto G, would be a lot better, i though i would post this though.... so people could see it was coming out... & to show people they are better devices then the MOTO E, just letting our cricket users know what not to and what to buy so they can leave reviews for each phone.
    The Corporate Store in Visalia had demos of the Moto G given to all the employees prior to the changes. I had it in my hand about 3 weeks ago and it was an aiowireless phone. Now that the change has happened, the store sells the Moto G for $149.00 with the current $50 rebate offer.

FWIW they told me iPhones are not being currently sold as they are not on the network yet.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Bought a cricket Moto G and set up an account for a friend last week. Her only complaints were that the battery ran down faster when the screen was on full bright (but did ok when not on full bright) and how to transfer her old phone photos to the new phone. I need to root it for her so those damn ads dont suck up data.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    Bought a cricket Moto G and set up an account for a friend last week. Her only complaints were that the battery ran down faster when the screen was on full bright (but did ok when not on full bright) and how to transfer her old phone photos to the new phone. I need to root it for her so those damn ads dont suck up data.
    If she had her phones synced up with her Gmail account, it would have started downloading apps, contacts, etc.

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Quote Originally Posted by BoredOOMM View Post
    The Corporate Store in Visalia had demos of the Moto G given to all the employees prior to the changes. I had it in my hand about 3 weeks ago and it was an aiowireless phone. Now that the change has happened, the store sells the Moto G for $149.00 with the current $50 rebate offer.

FWIW they told me iPhones are not being currently sold as they are not on the network yet.

wish i got free phones..... lol.... we only get free phone lines with cricket but i no news if we get free gsm lines from cricket, but hey free cdma lines are better then no line @ all.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

If she had her phones synced up with her Gmail account, it would have started downloading apps, contacts, etc.

i love google cloud, installs my apps, my data files & Poof my long lost contacts,!

the 1 issue my cusotmers always have is this " I FORGOT MY GMAIL LOGIN & RECOVERY INFO " then i say sorry then we cant help u get ur contacts! sad moment

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I'll rather pay a few more bucks for the Moto G LTE.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by cjreyes666 View Post
    I'll rather pay a few more bucks for the Moto G LTE.
    Yeah... Unfortunately, I think the difference in price from the AIO / Cricket Moto G vs Moto G LTE will be significant.

Plus we can pretty much get the 8Mbps out of HSPA and HSPA+ connections. Having LTE is always a bonus though.

RE: Twilight... I wish Cricket would give me one free line.... Just so I could do reviews. I don't use the line for anything else other than that.

On a side note... I've only hinted about this on Facebook, but if we can get forum participation up along with Youtube and Facebook subscribers, I'll give that Moto G away. I hate listing stuff on eBay anyways.

Customer Since
    Phone
    AT&T Moto Atrix HD

Yeah... Unfortunately, I think the difference in price from the AIO / Cricket Moto G vs Moto G LTE will be significant.

Plus we can pretty much get the 8Mbps out of HSPA and HSPA+ connections. Having LTE is always a bonus though.

RE: Twilight... I wish Cricket would give me one free line.... Just so I could do reviews. I don't use the line for anything else other than that.

On a side note... I've only hinted about this on Facebook, but if we can get forum participation up along with Youtube and Facebook subscribers, I'll give that Moto G away. I hate listing stuff on eBay anyways.
    you make a good point..... they really should.... & now that AT&T took over i can really seem them giving you one for ( Educational Purposes ), since you put your money into build this website to help people.

you should talk to att about this. ....

Thread Information