Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 6.0%

LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) MMS and Data working

Hello everyone
    I am posting this little thread to confirm my unlocked LG G2 from T-Mobile working flawlessly on Cricket's (now AIO Wireless) network.
    Be advised and take into consideration that even though the cell phone will get signal, without proper APNs the phone will not get 4G.
    Please reply to thread or send me a message if you get stuck somewhere and I can try and help you. I did have to pay for the unlocking since the company wanted me to wait 72 hours to send me the code. MMS was broken with stock messaging app but managed to tweak it and now it works every single time.
    Cool thing about the new service is that we can wipe the system and data partitions without the worry of losing flash.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Why not post how you fixed mms for all to see and learn from?

Overall activity: 6.0%

Okay. So after unlocking your phone you will need to go get your new one activated. They will ask you to pay in advance for one month. Apparently AIO and Cricket are two different services and if you had paid your Cricket bill the day before, it will not reflect on your new account.
    You will have to pay around $11 for the new SIM which will have all your info on it I guess.
    The guy was having problems finding my APN options under the menu so I just took the phone home and did it myself.
    To edit APNs go to Settings/Tethering and Mobile Networks/Access Point Names and click/touch it. It will take you to a new window and mine was completely blank showing an antenna and a sign saying no APNs available or something like that. Go to the menu buttons at the top right and select New APN.
    You will enter the following information. Make sure everything matches and under APN type use commas and no space between them.

Name - Cricket AIO
    APN - ndo
    MMSC -
    http://mmsc.aiowireless.net

MMS proxy - proxy.aiowireless.net
    MMS port - 80
    MCC - 310
    MNC - 150
    APN type - default,mms,fota,hipri,supl

I didnt include all the options because those can be left alone so they should say "not set".
    Go again to the menu on top and select save! If you had signal before, your 4G icon should be showing active right now Good. You have your data going and I would advise and probably you are eager to test it so go ahead.
    Now that you know you have a pretty good connection go to your Play Store. We are going to try to make MMS work. I tried sending messages through the stock app om 4.4.2 and it would not do it so I got Go SMS Pro.
    On Kit Kat the app wants to make you take this app as your default app. You can make it your default app for now (I personally like my stock message option just because it stays cleaner to your stock theme and is less junky).
    Now that GO is your default app go to Settings/General/Advanced Settings and tick ON where it says Fill APN configuration manually. At the bottom you will see three options and pretty much you will repeat the same settings as the APNs before. Under MMSC -
    http://mmsc.aiowireless.net

MMS proxy - proxy.aiowireless.net
    MMS port - 80
    Go back and this is a good time to reboot your phone just for the heck of it haha.
    Dont worry... Your phone is amazing and won't forget your settings hopefully!!
    Once the phone is back and your data comes up go to your GO app and try sending a picture. One thing I forgot to mention is that you might want to change your settings to be able to send large files because now we can
    Your phone should be working now sending files! If you are rooted and have a ROM manager installed you can make GO a system app. If you are like me just freeze the app and make your stock app your default messaging app and the settings should still work!!
    This is all you need to know but please let me know if I missed something or you get stuck somewhere along the process!
    I am happy I got this beast running and I hope everyone having issues will be able to also!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

thats good to know the G2 is a beast i have the verizon variant and the apns were pushed to it by cricket yay

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Necro post.... I have the VZW G2 and I'm having MMS issues as well (and I'm pretty good with APNs). I'm pulling HSPA+ and not LTE though.

Sadly this didn't work for me. This was the solution a while back when I had flashed my Droid X to CDMA Cricket, but it's not working this time.

EDIT:
    Handcent is the solution. Enter the APNs manually and it works.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 03-18-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    Mar 2015
    Phone
    LG G3

I have the VZW LG G3 I will try using the Handcent. I am not able to use the MMS

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

This is not working for me

Never mind, it finally worked
    Last edited by Alejandra; 03-19-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Chompsms feels lighter than handcent and lets you change apn too.

Thread Information