Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Cricket S4 - 5.01 lollipop upgrade and/or root ???

I am currently on Cricket using an ATT S4 running rooted I337UCUGOC3 5.01 lollipop. Its not a cricket S4.

I was previously running firmware NB1 4.4.2 since i found the TAR for it. It has a locked bootloader and i was able to root it with towelroot. But i was not able to put a custom recovery on it. I tried safestrap but didnt like it. So recently i came across chainfire's flashfire app and XDA's thread on upgrading the I337 to 5.01. Credit goes to all those people, chainfire, muniz_ri, guut13, brownie9987, etc... Using flashfire and the OC3 5.01 rooted zip file, i was able to upgrade and install the tether addon. Knox is not tripped.

There are warnings about which I337's to flash the upgrades on or not on. I dont know if it will work on the cricket S4. Maybe proffitt or someone here who is on XDA can inquire or tweak things to work on crickets I337Z S4.

Or maybe flashfire will inject a SU/root zip file on stock roms? Good luck!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...proot-t3075814

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...oting-t2926642

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member

Updated firmware from rooted OC3 5.01 to rooted OC4 5.01. Works fine. Debloated "extreme" with the OC3 debloater script. Then flashfired exposed module version V5-Generic and V7-snapdragon ...but neither stuck. No bootloops but it rebooted and optimized apps but the exposed app never showed up.

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I have a secondary at&t S4. My Son is using it now, We're on Metro PCS currently but I will do all that You have listed soon as I can. I'm listening so please keep posting and thanks.

Gold Member

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I used the deodexed rooted OC4 firmware. And for any upgrade i always had to edit the APN with the right info. After firmware flash, the APN always had the standard ATT info and i had to change it to aiowireless info. Both worked but the aiowireless(cricket) info seemed better.

I like some of the xposed modules but cant get xposed to install (and yes, im using the right samsung versions).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...lipop-t3113463

Gold Member

Ok, brain cell #3 of 10 got sober and realized that i was not installing xposed correctly.

1. So, installed xposed installer "XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk". Then installed "xposed-v71-sdk21-arm-arter97-V6-snapdragon.zip". Rebooted, it showed v71 installed. I tried v65 and it worked too. I tried v75 but it did not work.

2. Installed a couple of xposed modules and they appeared to be working. But its unknown if modules will work fully or partially or not at all.

3. Arter97 says to use his uninstaller for v71 and below and to use rovo's uninstaller for v75. I never had to use the xposed uninstaller yet.

Notes:

If i royally screw up i always was able to go into download mode and ODIN firmware NB1. Then root (towel root). Then install flashfire because the bootloader is locked and safestrap is the only recovery that works. But i dont like safestrap so i use flashfire. Then i flashfire'd the OC4rooteddeodexedupdate.zip, OC4tether.zip and a newer SuperSu.zip files. Then ran the OC3debloater.zip off my PC. Then installed the xposedinstaller3alph4.apk. Then used flashfire to install xposedv71v6arter97snapdragon.zip. Then installed a few xposed modules. Rebooted after every step previously mentioned. KNOX is not tripped. I am running stock ROM and have not tried ROMS shown on the other sites.

So, you can buy these jflteatt ATT SGH-I337z S4'S off EBAY for $150 and be running OC4 lollipop 5.01 with xposed installed.

WARNING: I am fully to blame for anything you do wrong. Your stupidity is all my fault. I tried to be a good father but your mother insisted that you stick your finger in the socket, run in traffic and play with fire. So, dont read or follow instructions and mess up your phone then whine & cry about it ...its expected.

Two ways to install Xposed on a AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) with DeOdexed ROM - XDA Forums

[UNOFFICIAL] Xposed for Samsung Lollipop by arter97 - XDA Forums

[INDEX] All things AT&T [MK2 NB1 NC1 NI1… | AT&T, Canadian Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

[GUIDE]Odin to Stock, Updating, Rooting, and… | AT&T, Canadian Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

[How-To] Update to I337_OC4 - 5.0.1 and Keep… | AT&T, Canadian Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

I337UCUFNB1 4.4 Stock Odin Tars & System… | AT&T, Canadian Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=37145

Last edited by wiseoldman; 11-25-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Gold Member

Be sure to make a flashfire full backup to the external SD before messing with exposed. If you end up doing a factory reset then you can reinstall flashfire and restore 99.9%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thread Information