Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Droid Razr M on Cricket

I recently got the Verizon Droid Razr M XT907 and used it to go from Cricket CDMA to GSM. It's running 4.4.2 build KDA20.62-15.1(most recent update), no root and locked bootloader. The phone is working fine except for random reboots about every one to two hours except when on WiFi. I'm using the AIO APN's and have tried AT&T APN's for preferred network type I have tried Global and GSM/UMTS with network options GSM only, UMTS only and automatic. Under Global and GSM/UMTS (UMTS only and automatic) I get H+ for data along with random reboots. I'm currently on GSM/UMTS GSM only I get G and E for data with no reboots as of yet.

I've checked with the previous owner and this is the first time it has done this. I have tried everything I have searched for from factory reset, enabling all factory apps to removing apps I installed. I didn't have any of the type of apps mentioned in my searches that may cause this problem.

I don't know if this is an issue with the phone, with it being a Verizon phone or with the sim from Cricket. this was supposed to be a temporary phone until I was able to get either the Moto G 2nd gen, a Blu studio phone or see what Cricket offered in the new year otherwise I would've waited with my old phone.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thank You
    Last edited by nikeconn; 11-15-2014 at 04:36 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    how did you unlock it with a code or with radiocomm? i ask because i unlocked mine with radiocomm and i have it set to global cricket pushed the apns to it and it works fine i get h+ but thats all i get on ant phone were i live

Quote Originally Posted by tclemens View Post
    how did you unlock it with a code or with radiocomm? i ask because i unlocked mine with radiocomm and i have it set to global cricket pushed the apns to it and it works fine i get h+ but thats all i get on ant phone were i live
    Originally used CDMA workshop to edit NV 8322 and also used radiocomm to check that it was changed. I can get H+ and it works fine. I updated the phone to the .15 build before finding out that you can't unlock the bootloader or root afterwords. Also I believe an app called Modem Fastdormancy Monitor Service is the problem, from what I've found with it rebooting. Without root I can't disable it and the only time it is used is on UTMS and Global, it has something to do with how Verizon's 4G LTE works. When you use another service provider that doesn't use it it causes the phone to freeze and reboot.

Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    My bad man missed the part about being on .15 im on .10 wonder if you could use rsd to go back to .10 then root and unlock

From what I've found without the bootloader unlocked you cant go back. Its not to bad, I don't need H+ during the day much if I do I can turn it on then back off and use WiFi at home. I can wait until it can be unlocked or I can get another phone whichever one comes first.

Thread Information