Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 9.0%

VZW Droid RAZR xt912 Global Unlocked on Cricket 4G?

Has Anyone Tried to get the VZW Droid RAZR xt912 to work on the Cricket 4G network? I succesfully flashed the phone to 3G cricket and it works and I was able to take a sim card in afghanistan and run the phone on the afghani network Roshan. The phone is global unlocked with GSM radios but when we tried throwing a 4G cricket SIM in the phone it wouldnt take the settings and messed up some of the settings for my working 3G flash. Now I am trying to get it functioning again with the 3G but I am trying to figure out if I missed something with the 4G sim card as it just crapped out and wouldnt go.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado
    GSM bands are blocked on that phone for the united states. Hence, it only works overseas when set to RUIM
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    GSM bands are blocked on that phone for the united states. Hence, it only works overseas when set to RUIM
    Thats terrible news.

Just an FYI for anyone else tho. Dont put a cricket 4G sim card in that phone ever. The SIM decided it wanted to change the 3G settings that allowed the phone to work on 3G. After digging thru all the settings I would that it had switched everything to LTE and I had to reconfigure the phone to function at all after that.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado
    that would only be true if you did not do a hard lock modification on it using build prop edits.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

I can tell you that when you enter the *#*#4636#*#* and the ##program menus all of the places that it is supposed to be set for CDMA were set to LTE and the phone was trying to resolve a 4G signal until I could get the settings to stick back to CDMA. Everything except MMS worked on the phone before the sim card entered it and everything stopped until I get it set up again after the sim card.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado
    That's what I was saying. If you had it permanently modded, you would not have an issue

Is there a way to permanently mod it without an unlocked bootloader?

yes, but who cares for cricket cdma anyways. Their service will be kaput in March and many cricket wireless customers are migrating to verizon

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

for educational purposes can you point me to the way? I would be interested in seeing it

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

for educational purposes can you point me to the way? I would be interested in seeing it

Customer Since
    never
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Actually the US GSM bands aren't blocked on that phone otherwise it wouldn't work with Canadian or Mexican SIM cards since those networks use the same bands as here. It is the MCC-MNC combinations that pertain to the US networks that are blocked since I couldn't even roam on at&t with a Telcel SIM inserted.

Unfortunately attempts have been made to unlock the phone for domestic carriers but there has been no success. Ironically the newer droid razr HD along with the droid razr M can be easily unlocked using a simple NV edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Randamin View Post
    Actually the US GSM bands aren't blocked on that phone otherwise it wouldn't work with Canadian or Mexican SIM cards since those networks use the same bands as here. It is the MCC-MNC combinations that pertain to the US networks that are blocked since I couldn't even roam on at&t with a Telcel SIM inserted.

Unfortunately attempts have been made to unlock the phone for domestic carriers but there has been no success. Ironically the newer droid razr HD along with the droid razr M can be easily unlocked using a simple NV edit.
    Good to know so i can use my droid razr maxx hd on cricket 4g in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Randamin View Post

The razr M also needs to be rooted and have the bootloader unlocked. The modem fastdormancy monitor service app needs to be disabled for it to get the best service.

Thread Information